2017-07-04 17:46:45

So last night, I purchased griff 2, but still haven't received a key. From what the site said, the email was supposed to be automatic. Does anyone know how to get in touch with jiro so I can get what I paid for? Thanks.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-07-05 08:18:13

You shouldn't receive a key as far as I know, but a sendspace link. Griff 2 is most likely a side scroller if it is like the original Griff, I haven't tried it nor do I know the website but some of my friends did. Griff 1 wasn't something I enjoyed playing to be honest, so I didn't bother myself with the new one though it might be a lot more better.

2017-07-07 21:45:51

how come this company is so bad?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-07-07 22:44:05

My belief is that these people start up the company with big dreams, then when they figure out the market isn't as big as they'd hoped, or that they aren't selling as many copies as they'd like, they eventually lose interest and move on to other things, sometimes, unfortunately, forgetting to take down the trappings of their old business.

2017-07-07 23:47:40

Right!
And like bavisoft or I think this company is spelled in that form, they take your money but you get nothing and lose, sincerely, a pile of money and you can use them for other things but if you get what did you bought is good to suport the developer.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-08 01:58:01

Too bad too. Airic the Cleric sounds like it might be a good game. And Steam Punk Neverland and Watchtower Chronicles sounded interesting. But I'd want to try Airic the Cleric before buying, and at this point I don't imagine we'll ever see Steam Punk or Watchtower. As Mr. Rogers used to say, "Can you say vaporware?" (rolls eyes)

2017-07-10 01:03:54

I'd be interested to try both Grif and Grif 2 myself and do db pages for them, but when I tried to download the grif demo from the breakerbox website I got an error message, and I see nothing about grif 2 on the site at all.

It is a shame, their games are actually rather good, or at least I recall having a lot of fun with kirtwolf and the demos of airic that worked with xp (even though the full game didn't). Indeed it is sort of ironic that I did a deal of voicing for Airic the cleric, and haven't actually played the game big_smile.
What they produce is genuinely good, but they really need to get their act together with regards to hosting and distribution and contact since as this topic shows they are rather losing custom, hell I can't even do db pages for the grif games since I can't find how to try them.

If people go to Jyro's profile page

There are email options there, indeed I might well contact him myself as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-10 07:17:15

I'm sorry to say this, but...
The games I have played are actually really great. Yes things could be improved and their might be bugs, but the games are really well made. But, how can you take a company serious who charge for games, but don't wanna spend the money on hosting their own games on their website? This has been suggested a number of times, but nothing is done about it. People are requesting download links for their games.
I find it difficult to support this company in the future. Both because of that, but also because of the games which some of us have preordered but never got.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-10 08:13:23

I don't mind the sendspace hosting personally (after all lots of people use dropbox), however what I don't understand is why they don't maintain the links to their game files.

it's easy enough in the sendspace wizard  check files are okay and copy links, heck  can find all of my podcasts on sendspace, but for some  their game files hosted on sendspace don't remain available.

I don't know if they have not paid for a sendspace pro account (which they really should do if they want to use the service), or what is happening there, but either way hopefully they will respond to my email or this topic and we can discuss the matter, since hay, web hosting is not a difficult business, neither these  days is setting up an online selling system with Paypal, indeed perhaps Dentin or one of our  devs  like to collaborate with them about this, since there is no denying the game seem of great quality, it's just getting the distribution right.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-10 18:55:50

I could offer them to host their games for free. Have they asked about such alternatives? No. They have, instead, promised a number of times that they would look into making a better website and find a permanent host, but well, it goes like most other promises they have made... sad Permanent host is such small a problem so if they ever hope to be a professionel company, they should have fixed that long time ago... I just don't care about the company anymore. I've simply lost the interest.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-10 20:20:03

So have I for the most part, though I'd still like to get a hold of the demo of Airic the Cleric to try out.

2017-07-10 22:44:32

So I actually did hear back from him after emailing, and got my copy, which was just a sendspace link, with no registration or anything lke that. Lol.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-07-10 23:22:10

What the heck, why did that madden post get in here even though I posted in another topic? Strange strange.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-11 09:08:53

Hi!
It's a recurring pattern: A very able developer with lots of potential apparently loses interest in this community and moves off. The community reacts with rage and lack of understanding. I'm not saying this reaction is altogether unjustified. What I'm saying, though, is that it doesn't help. Mistakes were made on both sides, which is the case in pretty much every relationship between human beings. Now how do we deal with it and learn from it in a loving way? I hope this can be resolved without leaving a trail of bad memories and damaged reputations.
Greetings,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.