2017-06-29 21:52:40

Hey folks,
I used Miranda for Facebook messaging, but it appears that my version of Miranda is outdated and I couldn't yet find a suitable version of Miranda that works again with Facebook.

I used to run the preconfigured versions by Andre Louis, but I couldn't find an updated version.
Any clues on how to fix my Miranda or where to get something else?

Thanks in advance!

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2017-06-29 21:53:45

m.facebook.com is what I use. It will not automatically refresh, so having the messenger app on your phone helps.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-06-29 22:37:42

My Miranda still works fine. Perhaps you should update and allow development/beta versions of puglins to be installed.

2017-06-30 07:16:38

there is also www.messenger.com
although I don't actually know how well it works, I haven't used it much but it's there

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-06-30 23:49:11 (edited by paddy 2017-06-30 23:50:37)

I also used m.facebook.com so far, but I'd like to check who's online without constantly having to update the website. I think I already tried messenger, although I'm not sure really if there is more than one software, so I'll check on that once more...

@Jack, Concerning allowing developer betas, how does it work precisely? Perhaps it might also get me further if you could give me the source you got your Miranda from, but thanks a lot for all of your advises so far. big_smile

Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2017-07-01 04:39:44

@Dominizbat Sorry kid, but spam does not work on the first try. Lol! Anyway, messenger.com, even though it's a bit more resource-heavy, does work pretty well with screen readers. Am I correct in that Social-eyes is 100% dead, even if you have a window eyes license?

2017-07-01 23:18:55

I use Miranda NG. Found here: http://www.miranda-ng.org/en/

It comes with the Facebook plugin preloaded if you go for the full install, and setting up a Facebook account on it is fairly straightforward... Though feel free to write here if you have difficulties.

Good luck.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2017-07-03 01:11:39

Holy crap. I tried Miranda NG and it seems extremely inaccessible out of the box. What do I have to do to this thing to get it to behave?

2017-07-04 05:07:40

Make sure you installed the contact list for blind folks.

2017-07-04 15:12:18

That's a start, yes. Also, there are several settings in the messaging section of Imranda's options that you can tweak to make it more accessible, such as making it send the message when you press enter. Even still, there are a lot of unlabeled buttons... I once made Jaws tell me what those were, but I have no idea how I did it, and I have never been able to replicate it since. Any Miranda NG experts in here?

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2017-07-04 15:44:38

there is also instant bird, but I'm not sure if that thing gets regular updates.

Their nightly builds page hasn't had an update for quite some time.

2017-07-04 16:42:02

Nvda labels the buttons fine for me.

2017-07-11 19:44:51 (edited by paddy 2017-07-11 20:09:38)

@Locutus, I installed Miranda NG and the setup of my facebook profile seemed to be working.
However, I am not able to read my contact list and interact with the contacts the way I am used to from my previous version I used so far. Any clues on how to fix that?

Thanks
UPDATE: I found a plugin called "Clist_Blind", which works quite well... Is there an option to include the sounds somehow? In the version of Miranda NG I installed, apparently no sounds folder does exist in first place. I copied over the sounds from my old not-working miranda version, but when I try to select the sounds, it just says "path not defined". How can I define the path of the sounds properly?

2017-07-22 02:51:04

I tried to set up a facebook account: type email, type password... no login button; no anything... justa create new facebook account button and if I hit ok the contact list remains empty.

devin

2017-07-22 10:13:50

At post 13: You choose if you want the sounds during the installation
At post14: After hitting OK button, open Miranda window with CTRL shift I and press CTRL 1

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-07-23 03:08:20

@15 THANKS. WHO WOULD HAVE EVER GUESSED SUCH A WEIRD AND STUPID keystroke

devin