2017-07-03 12:01:09

Hah, 15 dollars? still too much. 4.99 maybe will be worth picking it up but nothing more.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-07-03 13:31:39

I feel like my skill is going backward, somehow. At first, I was getting to the part where he opens pits. Then beating the Cerberus stopped being so easy. Now I'm losing against Carmilla, who use to be so easy I could do it with the knife.  :-/
What makes Hades' pits get me every time, I think, is that by that point, i'm in the pattern of jumping from one side to the other as quickly as possible, then with hardly any warning, need to slow down even though Hades and friends are still gliding about as fast as always. Switching from fighting the Grey lady to jumping pits on a dime.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-03 19:19:17

426, I was trying to be generous when looking at the context and the market this game is being sold in. $4.99 or xbox or psn and steam... but as an indie game with no specific major support, I could see this being between $10 to $15. The gameplay itself is wayoverrated... anyone who calls it amazing probably needs to play some other side scrollers eg final fight or streets or rage. But the music and sound fx are at least somewhat decent.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-07-03 19:20:40

Music isn't that bad but sound design? not really. The title says it all: HORROR game when the sounds make me laugh. big_smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-07-03 20:09:11

Didn't say they were epic. they show the budget the game was on... and the game isn't that horror based to begin with. Only very, very loosely... but that's been discussed in this topic already.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-07-12 23:27:21

Hi,
I am trying to set up a wine or wine bottler version of the gate for a friend, and it starts up, but after the 2 intro scenes the quiet background sound starts playing as it should, but then the game freezes.
Has anyone else tried that?
And no, we're not gonna use a vm.
I hope someone can get it working.
Regards,
Marc

2017-07-23 12:34:02

Hi!
A year ago I completed the game on easy and normal. This summer i decided to try it on hard. Everything was going quite well but now I faced a problem I cannot deal with. Could someone share the strategies on how to kill zombie boss? I tried everything but can't do anything. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

2017-07-23 13:07:23

yeah the zombie is waaaaaaaaay too overpowered on hard. Afraid that this will never be fixed.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-07-23 20:07:13

connor142 wrote:

yeah the zombie is waaaaaaaaay too overpowered on hard. Afraid that this will never be fixed.

But maybe there is somebody who was lucky enough to kill this thing on hard? So experience of that person would be interesting

2017-07-28 18:02:59 (edited by Allhp 2017-07-29 03:49:30)

Somehow I was able to kill renfield the zomby on hard difficulty. Here are some advices for anyone interested in this topic. First, an important note. Remember, you can beat this boss only while one live lasts. Whenever you start a new live, monster's health restores to full as well. So if you dead during the fight, you will have to start the level from the very beginning. This is the difference between Renfield and Heidis, where you continue exactly when you lost a live. And here is a small step by step instruction on how to fight this stupid powerfull zombie.

1. Switch to your bow. Make sure that it is at least half loaded and you have at least 12 more full arrow pouches or so.

2. Rapidly tab through your inventory untill the angel's breath, so you can easily use it whenever you need by just pressing enter.[/]

3. As far as I understand, it is impossible to avoid renfield's attacks, so you must have quite much miracle cures as well as keep in mind that you should use the z key whenever monster attacks you.

4. When the monster is half way towards you, start to shoot him from your bow. Try to hit him as much as you can at a time. however, use your arrows wise. Do not shoot when arrows most probably won't be able to hit the monster. You will need some practice before you learn proper distances.

5. When you are attacked, press the z key to use a miracle cure.
    [*When your health goes below 30 percent, use a couple of angel's breath to restore it. Usually your 100 percent health can bear three or four attack. So don't use your angel's breaths too often.

6. Keep going that way and if you have enough arrows,  miracle cures, angel's breaths and a little bit of luck, you will be able to proceed furthermore in the game.

2017-07-28 18:41:48

ending of game is totaly bad.

2017-07-29 12:54:56

My wife managed to kill the dude with her sword only.

She basically ensures that she has enough space on either side of him to keep jumping over him and then just slashing him. This was on hard, if she manages to defeat the devil on this she will try it on nightmare as well.

2017-07-29 16:16:07 (edited by Allhp 2017-07-29 16:17:55)

Wow, she is great! Well, there is really enough space to jump over, and this is what i tried first. However, I was unable to avoid his attacks even by jumping. Therefore, I had to use my bow because it is faster and allow to kill that thing before your health, angel's breaths and miracle cures run out. I assume that if i could learn how to avoid the attacks, i would use my swort as well. However, jumping didn't work for me on this particular level as I expected considering the experience from the previous levels. Maybe I wasn't fast enough or was triingg to jump from too far or too near distance.

2017-07-29 21:21:41

You need to be able to jump repeatedly and quickly, to keep a safe distance. But don't go too far, or she'll teleport to you. Unfortunately, there isn't much to say beyond improve speed, timing, and learn how quickly she moves and how quickly you attack and move, so you can more easily judge these.

At 437: in a sense, that's the correct strategy for almost every enemy in the game, isn't it? It's just a matter of determining how far to jump between attacks, and when to dodge those ranged attacks from the later bosses.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-18 21:49:45

hello,
if some one has a full playthrough of the game, please ubload it again, bekause all the links i  klickt on doo not work.
can you ubload it again?
i want the playthrough of the normal level of the game.
best regarts Niki

2017-08-19 01:56:57

Just go to VG Storm's web site and download the trial version. It lets you play through the first three or four levels of the game. Then if you like it, buy it.

http://www.vgstorm.com/

2017-08-19 14:42:12

hello,
i mean the recording of the gate playet on normal difikulti level.
can you ubload it?
best regards
Niki

2018-06-03 22:20:59

How do I defeat Hades? I can't hit him and there's a dog that I can't seem to attack either. I constantly have to dodge waves of what sounds like fire or something. Any tips?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-06-03 23:05:05

You need to defeat the dog first. It is essential. Otherwise, you cannot kill Hades, even though he will pretend that you hurt him when you have him attacked. Get the dog with your swort or bow. The swort is preferable, as its impact is stronger and it will never run out. You need to practice to attack it while jumping off dog's attacks as well as these of Hades. As far as I remember, you can attack only while you're on the ground, so keep it in mind. You will also encounter some preasts. I suppose you remember what they do, so Take care of them too in a timely manner. That's all. Unfortunately, there are not any secrets or strategies which could help you more.

2018-06-10 22:20:03 (edited by kruf 2018-06-10 22:21:40)

Houch, you are very rude with this game. 15 dollars too expensive ? sound design not realy good? Seriously ? I totaly disagry. Okay, it's a simple game, a sidescroller like a bunch. But it's a game with challanges, hard bosses to beat, scene cut, etc. And the game is complete ! not like a lot of free scroller like bz...

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2018-06-13 20:16:53

the gate not responding in my computer sometimes
still that bug not been fixed
windows 10 64 bit latest version
thanks

2018-06-13 21:12:38

I'm on windows 10 64bit, and no lag, no freeze. What's your computer's performance ?

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2018-06-20 21:58:44

why? its a grayed game, Sound design, acting, and scenes, are all excellent and wonderful

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-12-27 10:17:07

how I am suppose to unlock infinite mode?

2018-12-27 14:22:26

play the game in the normal difficulty and beet the game.