2017-06-27 15:57:09

Hello!
Someone told me about this, I am just downloading that so I don't know much about this screenreader.
Here is the link if you want to test
http://www.mwyg123.com/jdownloads/SunShine8.5.5337.exe

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-06-27 16:43:07

Nice to hear about that, though not going to download it before getting more info about it, its license and the languages it supports and reads.

2017-06-27 17:44:46

Some info about the screen reader would be nice, like if it's got English menues and how hard it is to set up. As an alternative, you can try ZDSR. I tried it some time ago but didn't use it much, now when I remembered it I should go play with it again. You can find some info on it here:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=15228
It's nice to hear that there are other screen readers being developed, after all it's nice having more than one installed to see if one works better with some programs or if one crashes.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-06-28 00:19:04

It's another Chinese screen reader that, despite being able to speak English somewhat decently with its speech engine, doesn't have a direct English translation like Zdsr, at least not yet.It's anotehr chinese

2017-06-28 10:14:02

Hello!
It has english translation, even the webpage is in english.
It supports plugin system, but as it's new on the market you have only tree plugins at the moment, of which one is from company we know smile
Its much more responsive than NVDA, I noticed this on the login screen.
It supports 2 nav modes: one like in NVDA and the second like in jaws, switched with insert +2.
As something new as a chinese screenreader, Sun-Shine supports firefox and Chrome! That's quite good looking at other chinese products.
It has also more configuration, for example you can set espeak voice as your system voice and vocalizer for reading text in Microsoft Office and some other synthesiser to read webpages.
That's what I curerently know, I will test it more and report back!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2017-06-29 14:22:15

@ nuno 69 do you know how to set espeak for default system voice. I try this screen reader but at the moment it's buggy and crashed after few minutes but it has good potential.

2017-06-29 16:34:33

It depends on which OS you use.

2017-07-02 00:35:54

Do you know how to change the language of the sr?

73 Wj3u

2017-07-02 11:48:40

For me the default language was english

2017-07-02 13:17:25 (edited by angel_diva22 2017-07-02 14:18:50)

Hi,

I love Sunshine, what little I got to test. I looked in the help menu, and there is a register option, which means, you need a key.

To those who thought it was crashing, it may seem like it is crashing, but really, it is only running in Demo mode.

2017-07-02 14:20:31

Also, the cannot find LocaleCommon.dll error I am getting may happen to some of you, not sure why.

2018-12-12 17:50:23

Just to say that versión 9 is releaced, however I need to continue dooing the spanish translation.

73 Wj3u