2017-06-25 04:30:08 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-06-25 04:42:23)

Hello all. I use Thunderbird as my main email client because it's open source, free, and easy to use. However, one thing that irks me about it is how messages are not sorted with regard to thread. IF possible, I would like to have a threaded view that groups all messages from one thread together. This would greatly clean up my mailbox, especially for mailing lists. IF this is not available in Thunderbird, can you recommend any email client that is accessible, preferably free, and that has this feature? Also, I've set up a pole to see what people are using as there email client. Please vote, and I hope you find the results helpful. Thanks in advance.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-06-25 20:52:09 (edited by serrebi 2017-06-25 20:52:49)

Believe you can do this in thunderbird in the view menu. These days I use gmail or google's GSuite for my hosted domain, because in the Standard gmail, you can press insert f2, and then arrow around like you are using an application. Much less latency in general than Thunderbird... At least with NVDA.

2017-06-27 11:52:20

This is a standard feature of Mac Mail, indeed perhaps one of its best features. With threads collapsed, focussing on the subject field in the table, you can whizz quickly through mailing list threads.

It meets all your criteria, too. It's just not on Windows. smile

Just myself, as usual.

2017-06-27 15:00:15

Hi, i just go to gmail.com, and read my mail from there.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-06-27 17:59:03

Hi,
of course thunderbird can do that. I am not using this feature personally, so I can not tell you how to activate it correctly, but I turned it on by going to menu/View/threads/threads with unread messages, next enter the same place, but activate all threads instead, that turned my inbox to tree, in which are threads and their authors displayed together with information about read or unread messages, these threads can be expandet, so you can read included messages. I think it is what you was looking for.

Regards

Rastislav

2017-07-01 16:41:11

Thanks all. Done.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-09-18 17:22:54

yeah yeah its been ages since this was posted, or written, or whatever
but... thunderbird is a really good e-mail client! and I do not want to make more threads about it, I think its been discussed too many times before.
but then I have a couple of questions
1. How do you change those views to normal mode? is it by going to the view menu then headers? i don't seem to understand very well.
2. Thunderbird does not! will not get out of my taskbar. I have found many add ons that claim they can hide to tray, but none of them work. They are not compatible with version 60. So tough luck. How have you manage to do it, if at all?

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…