2017-06-25 01:08:01 (edited by musicalman 2017-06-30 00:57:56)

shotgunshell wrote:

There is of course 2 other optional ways that I know of, but they're illegal...

Which is why I didn't mention anything of the sort.

I will leave that for you guys to find out on your own.

That just about sounds like you already know how to get access to the music but are keeping it a secret. Statements such as these are just asking for attention and will dig you into a hole. Whether you do or do not know something, please try to refrain from making posts of this nature on this thread.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-06-26 01:05:30

I never played Super Liam, but the remixes (or remakes) that raygrote shared, are great.
The first version seems to be that the Konami VRC6 was used, and in the second versionn... I honestly do not know what was used, but it sounds like the typical 2A03.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)

2017-06-26 11:53:19

Both use the VRC6 in similar ways actually. I guess great minds think alike. I will say though that in one of them, the vRC6 contributions are a bit more subtle.

2017-06-27 00:06:14

Sorry for that post, I'll go ahead and delete that. Does anyone know a good program for righting chiptunes, I'd love to contribute to this topic a little bit.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-06-30 01:16:52 (edited by musicalman 2017-07-01 00:16:37)

Yeah, I pretty much use ppmck for nes stuff, though I really do want to at least delve a little more into Famitracker. I am actually able to use the basics though it's painful. One of these days when I become more familiar with it, I should make tutorials or something. It can be done as a blind person, but only with about 500 barrels full of patience. Accessibility challenges really do hold a blind user back, so at present, I'd only recommend it for those who are curious, not for those who expect quick results. Open MPT, another music tracker, is fun to mess with as well, though again it's a tracker so needs 500 barrels of patience.

Other chiptune programs: xpmck as was mentioned. Also I recently found a Japanese mml program for the Konami MSX, I think it's called mgsc. It supports the psg, wavetable and fm chips, can't remember the chip model numbers but by the looks of it, its support for msx sound is far greater than xpmck is at present. Unfortunately, documentation is in Japanese. I haven't really tried to work out what everything does. One of these days I will, though, because the combination of chips is intriguing to me.

Also for Snes, there's a program called AddmusicK. It's literally MML for the Snes (something which I thought would never happen) and I think it's pretty dang cool. Its main purpose is to make music for Super Mario World romhacks, but it's fairly easy to strip all the Super Mario World stuff out and just make spc files.

2017-06-30 19:32:43

Well, I'm not a great audio gamer. But I will contribute when I can with remixes when I can.

Now I know I must play more to do more big_smile

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)