2017-04-25 10:40:27

Hello!
I would like to start a topic about STW spoilers and walkthroughs we can share. I've been playing this game for one week, and I first found this game by accident when a friend of mine shared an unrelated link on Facebook that lead to Sam Tupy's site. Anyhow, I have completed two thirds of the quests, and have replaced my clothing with good ones and accessories, and I now have a paid account. I would like to know if anyone has any spoilers or walkthroughs on navigating the confusing cave system.
I can give directions to the hidden tunnel in the abandoned cave forest, where to find the shoes, and anything that is not covered under Black Screen Gaming STW directions and crafts.
What do you all think?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-04-26 19:30:13

BlackScreenGaming.com has everything you will ever need.

2017-04-26 20:21:02

As far as I know, BSG doesn't have any quest walkthroughs, and this is where I'd like to have a discussion here, or perhaps add it to the audio games database along with the other walkthroughs. For example, the Crystal
Thomas quests is by far the hardest, and a walkthrough of that posted on Audio games, with spoiler spaces written vertically might help.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-04-28 07:08:39 (edited by criticview 2017-04-28 07:49:39)

The main reason why i personally would be against quests being entirely written out on how to solve, is that lots of effort in both the quest itself, and the map containing the quest, has been put forth. The reward is based on the difficulty of the quest, so logically the entire thomas mystery is worth a lot. I can't force no one to spill the beans, I can only hope it won't happen. smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-06-27 10:27:33 (edited by conundrum 2017-06-28 08:29:02)

I beg to differ. Let’s look at the example of two games which are currently played by blind community. In Alter Aeon, you have one dedicated channel which specifically guide you to do quest, and people are not complaining or whining about the effort put into making the maps and all sorts of things.
Secondly, my favorite game Manamon, people are discussing and even wrote a step by step instruction on completing the stadium. I may not neceessary follow the guide, however it is handy for someone somewhere in the world who requires. These are just 2 examples, and it should do no harm in STW to have the same. With that in mine, let’s start to put up a few quests info, little bit at a time.

1.    The axe_build quest can be done by making an axe. It’s freaking easy there.
2.    The Fisherman’s boot can be found in the ocean west of the fishing village. You just need energy, a boat and a paddle, cross 3 oceans to the west of the village  and, while in the third ocean, press K to track for shallow water or sand.
3.    All the doctor’s quests are inside the hospital. What a better place for the doctors.
4.    mountain_climb, just climb the mountain to the east of the Main Land and look for the mountain medallion.
5.    cave_entrance will be to the east of the Campground, near the shallow water.
6.    safe_havon can be completed by making a shelter.
7.    leaf_canipy_search can be completed by going to the Arid Grassland, and climb the Out of Place Banana Tree. Some hint: try to track the spring in order to get closer to the tree.

I will end this post by giving caution that the instructions above is not a 100% guide. You should refer to BSG for better instructions going from map to map. If anyone are interested to shed some lights on more quests in STW, feel free to do so. Never let some influence dampen your spirit of sharing.

---Edited and discarded previous incorrect instructions as pointed by Mayana---

2017-06-27 10:43:00

Are you absolutely sure about the old_mans_hat quest? The instructions about how to get to the map and how to find the hat seem needlessly complicated in some cases and wrong in others. wink

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-06-27 13:14:48 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2017-06-27 14:54:25)

The way I do the old man's hat is to go north through the Arid Grassland in the Stream, turn east at the bend, climb down the dangerous waterfall, go East through the river, and walk North into the Quiet but Windy Forest. Trac gravel, and go through the gravel path that takes you directly into the house.
For the quests in rabbit Hill, the Western ocean, and Grass dominated forest: The note spawns south of Rabbit hill in one of the holes as paper. Be patient as it sometimes taes a while for the soggy crumpled note to appear.
The large rusty key can be found by tracking water, which is a pond you can climb down into, then dive. It might spawn as marsh, mud and other things, so again, be patient.
Finally, in the grass dominated forest, look for a breach on the Southeast side of the map where it says near the gentle grassy slope. Go under the slope, then walk all the way West until you hear water tiles. Dive under, then walk south. Walk East again and dive under to walk South. Then walk back West and South until you find a wall, and walk around it until you find a diveable part that takes you into the well-hidden cave. From my experience the treasure chest appeared in the Southeast corner of the cave.
Oh yeah! In the western ocean outside the grass dominated forest, look for the bloody corpse of Henricus underwater.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-06-27 14:24:30 (edited by Amine 2017-06-27 14:45:29)

Oh my goodness. Here we are, first posting bugs to the public, then now posting quest instructions. Let's say you read these, go to the game, complete the quests, then brag about it all day in out of character. So pretty much you are a lazy ass who relies on others to figure stuff for um, some people've got to understand, it's no fun to complete a quest, unless you do it alone. What next, all i gotta say is have fun.
Anyways let's see, aultr, even if you know where to complete the quest, you would stil have a challenge, fighting and what not. Manamon, even if you know where to go, you'd still have to battle and so on. STW, the quest system there is just not developed, not good enough? All you gotta do is explore the map, pick an item, hell I even know people who don't know a bit of windywolf completed the quest in there. Why? Because they were guided by there friends.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-06-27 14:32:34

I wonder what will be next, in this incredibly, excuse the word, entertaining line of foundations? I have a little tip, but I shall keep it to myself, well, maybe I'll give it out privately.

2017-06-27 16:58:50

this discussion amuses me greatly... you people ever heard of gamefaqs? or any other game guide website

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-06-27 17:28:01

some people here are overreacting with this quest thing in stw.
for nearly every game of the world (and for games much more difficult and challenging tan stw) there are lots of guides or step instructions to help people find secrets and uncover all of the games endings, and so on.
some people don't have time to sit there for long periods of time exploring large maps to find a single spot where an item could appear, or just one or two tiles where a ladder is.
even in stw you can do lots of things without touching the quest system, like or not, it is exactly the same thing as manamon, shades of doom, and every other game you can think of.

I have completed several mainstream games, like metal gear solid, odin sphere, megaman x4, x5, x8..... and if someone ask me any question to go through an area, or finding some secret item, i'll never say things like

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-06-27 18:30:18

thumbs up to that, on the tails of my last post as well

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-06-27 18:32:55 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-06-28 11:57:13)

and some of the quests are cluless, you  know that, guys?  big_smile
just saying.
I like to discover things myself bbut, this one? na...
for example this quest:
quest: old_mans_hat.
description: though not many people were able to survive the war, some escaped to the wilderness and made new homes. find the hat of one of these survivors.
for completing this quest, you will get a total of 200 stw_points.
just that, nothing more smile wilderness are huge, no one will think the hat is some how/anyhow stuck on a tree big_smile , that just like "hey I drop my lovely golden nail  on an ocean, could you find it?". and the item spawning arn't helping, too, players just think, oh heh, there is nothing here and leave. they will never realize he/she aktualy was on the right place, but the item isn't there yet, maybe already taken  by the others. no one want to stay on all place just hopeing for the item will show up, right? + when someone ask on the OOC channel for hints/clue sometimes the answer is just a  silents or a rude message.
and for some those who completed a quest, not all of them discover things  him/her self am pritty sure about it big_smile just ask your friend and there you have the answer. like when I completed the crystal quest,  some players start to bombard me with a pms, "Jason how do you do that?", "where is the crystal?", "how to jump to the north mountain?"  etc etc,
so wat's the diffrend between posting things here?
if you really want to discover the quest your self, why not just avoid this topic?
bk3 has soooo many secrets, but when we discover it and share  it here, does Yukio  san goes mad?
sorry for my english.
those are my opinion, sorry if it's sounds harsh/rude

2017-06-27 19:02:55

i can't see all i wrote previously, the message was cutt aparently. but basically, the audiogames comunity is here to help others, not the contrary.
if you don't want to discuss spoilers in the main stw tread, that's fine, but, topics like this one are for people who can't find all the items.
in bk3 for example, there are lots of secrets to discover, and we did it thanks to the help of the comunity working together. i've discovered and shared with others several secrets for bk2 back on 2012.
but now, i have a job, i'm living alone with my girlfriend, and i don't have as much time as i had several years ago.

Finally, don't asume all people who asks for help haven't tried themselves, maybe they're too tired after searching for days or weeks or months....

2017-06-28 03:27:06

It really is quite simple. There are people who enjoy doing stuff on their own for the challenge. Then after they complete it they feel accomplishment, this being because they managed to do it on their own. Then on the other hand we have those who want to complete something just for the reward, not for the feeling of accomplishment. In the case of STW these people just want STW_points.

For those who just want stuff handed to them, then whatever, read spoilers, I really can't be bothered to care. The funniest thing is those same people will be complaining that there are no new quests a month from now. If you want stuff handed to you on a silver platter then go ahead, take it, nothing to stop you, that is your decision. There are people who have gotten good at the game, and who can figure out the maps and quests, those people, well most of them realize they spent allot of time figuring it out and will tell you to figure it out on your own. Even among the admins, we compartmentalized our own quests so we didn't spoil it for the other admins, that was even the case with most the new maps. So we would actually be able to play the game and explore and solve the new quests. Not all people are like this though, some just want the reward for free, that's their decision, and no one to live with but themselves. I could go on a nice long sideboard about how this extends into other things in life as well, but I don't really feel like it, so insert your own creative version of it here lol.

Write spoilers, read spoilers, do what you want, but then also expect to have a group of people who dislike it. It is all whatever, but don't expect people who actually worked to figure stuff out and complete it to agree that spoilers are a good thing. Most of these people, even when given the chance to be told how to do something they choose not to be told. It is simply a difference in personalities.

And to who said there are not spoilers on BSG, of course there are not, and there never will be.  It is to help people, not to hold their soft little hands through everything in a game. BSG is to give information, now you go do what you want with it to get better at a game, or to have fun in said game. And all I have to say is have fun completing one of the quests even with someone holding your hand every step of the way, it won't help you one bit, I created it and the map and died at least a dozen times trying it. another who had no clue about the map lost over 30 DFC and probably more since then. So yes, have lots and lots of fun, it is so difficult just for this reason, get good at the game, not get told how to do it.

2017-06-28 09:15:59

ermm, firstly, thanks to GGF for correcting and contributing on the quests. I humbly appologises for not able to provide a clearer walkthrough.

truth be told by post 11,13, and some others, some of the quest do not at all have clues in the info. So never assume people are lazy ass, not try the maps, brag in out of character, before turning to this forum to collectively help each other. Some good people in the game are trying to help out, and it would be good to have the quests documented here so others can refer it when they are in need of help. You admins would not love it when players assume you completed the quest by moving yourself maps to maps although I think you guys did not do that.

You created the map, and so you have an overview of how things spawn, although you may somehow jump to death and lose dozens DFC. You at minimum knew what to do and what not to do in there, but not everyone has same level of thinking to be able to comprehend things the same way you do. Therefore it is common in game whereby some players do things better than the others, some jump 10 tiles, but some only can do 9 tiles because they are not able to smash the keyboard as fast as you do. Some of the maps are really hard I know, whereby only a handful players or robots can complete that particular quest. After those quest, they usually left the map empty and never touch it again unless they have DFC to spare.

On the other hand, I would like to congratulate every admins and masters for your effort to build those maps and for completing all the quest.

2017-06-28 14:40:30

I have to agree with post 16. I'm one of those, who can't jump. no idea if it's my skills, or my keyboard. but because of that reason, I couldn't do the cave quest. managed to jump it once, and once only, the 10 tile, but never again. although I find that I don't use the STW points, so I don't care too much. I mainly do it for the items, rather than anything else.

2017-06-28 16:08:52 (edited by mr.brunete 2017-06-28 16:10:58)

i don't have a particular problem with stw, i can jump long distances perfectly, and smoke, don't asume every player who completed something will tell others to do the same. i'm not that kind of person. if i can help, i'll help.
The problem i have, however, is that certain people doesn't give a sh*t if someone asks for help. not necessarily for completing all the quests, but for example:
i asked about the paper coupon the other day, and i received the clasic stw fanboys answer: "do it yourself". so, i don't know if i need to combine it with some other item (not the solution, i'm fairly sure), or, if i need to collect certain amount of it (30) to activate something (i think that's the solution, and after collecting 30 i'll get a quest), because i can't drop them or give them.
as you can see, i'm not asking for people to do the coupon thing for me, i'm asking for a Little help here and there.

i've completed that cristal thomas quest, and it was hard, but i did it. fortunately, a player tould me to look near the southmost part of the maze (if i remember correctly) to find something. i started looking and looking, and i finally found a single tyle where you can go down. from there, i did the rest myself.
do you understand where i'm trying to go with all of this? in my case, i don't want to be spoiled massively, but sometimes i need some hints, and as i've said previously, i don't have much time to play games as i want.

about the hard work, that's true, people did theyr best to do a crapload of quests and i really congratulate them, that's a strong reason to play the game again.
we play here at home with my girlfriend, and we try to solve quests together. and that's great!
But, and this line goes to smoke J, sometimes people can't figure things out for themselves, or, at least, not immediately.
Don't asume all people who wants help on quests are lazy boys or girls that need to be guided by other player on-line from start to end. some, just, want, a, hint, to, progress, and.....that's.....all......
finally..... i'll try to help with quests as much as i can, probably in weekend....

2017-06-28 22:09:42

Lol, I don't think there is a single admin who has completed all the quests. And there is a 1 tile section in one of the new maps as well, and 2 admins, amine and JimmyDub spent an entire day trying to figure it out. someone else, hannibal-swamp figured it out fairly fast, simply using his camera in an intellegent way. another one of the maps, one i made, i spent 4 hours in it lost trying to figure the way through it, then amine who had never been there went through it right away easy as pie. I hope you get my point here.

and as for not being able to jump, amberj could not as well, she was lucky to get 7 tiles on a jump. so she started practicing, and now she can clear 10 or 11 with no problem. The same was true for hannibal, he did lots and lots of practice jumps before a certain quest, and he got loads better by the end of it. And i think i have to repeat what i said, I really can't be bothered to care if people want to read spoilers to get all the information about a quest, or to get a hint on how to complete a certain part. but this excuse of i cannot do this or i cannot do that, that is BS and everyone knows it. it is a choice to decide to look up a clue or walk through, that is your decision. However, saying i cannot jump X amount of tiles, or i cannot figure this out, that's an excuse. You can do whatever you want in STW if you set your mind to it. It is just a matter of patience, stubborness, determination, whatever you want to call it, but it is possible. But don't take me wrong, use spoilers if you want, who cares, just don't use excuses for it, own up to it.

and with the paper cupon, lots of people had to figure it out, and we did, myself included. as i said, admins kept our quests and maps away from other admins so they did not know how to complete anything either.

and @mr.brunete when exactly did i say people were being lazy? I double checked my post and i'm not seeing it there.

Also, none of what i am saying is coming from me being an admin, not at all. All of this is me as a player, i like to do things myself, when people started talking about how to do quests in the out of character chat i switched languages so i didn't get my stuff spoiled. I even muted cocoa once cause he tried to give me hints on how to complete stuff in the sewers. So yes, me as a player, or with just about everything I just like to do it myself, cause of the knowing afterwards I did it myself. But as i said in my first post it is just a difference in personalities. I made sure to say multiple times, use spoilers if you want, who cares, but don't get upset if people don't like it, it is just a difference in outlook on how to do things.

2017-06-29 00:35:14

You may not have said it directly, but it is pretty heavily implied in your subtext. It also sounds like as much as you say you don't care, your post makes it sound that anyone who doesn't do so is somehow less of a good player. At least, that is the impression I get. Granted, some of my previous posts on this forum have been the same..

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-06-29 01:22:07

exactly, assault wrote it perfectly.

Assault_freak is great at fighting games, he even played mainstream games in japanese. i helped him several times in games, by giving him tips or menu options that i obtained from sighted people. so, if i helped him, i must think i'm a better player or gamer tan him?.
oh, but wait, he also helped me several times, giving hints or options or commands... or whatever.... oh my goodness, who is better now?
i've completed a mainstream rpg several weeks ago, odin sphere leifthrasir is the game's name. as far as i know, nobody else finished it here. so, i'm the star of that game?. and i'm making a guide for it.

i'll say it for the last time.
helping other player never was, and never will be, a bad thing to do. it's greater imo. you help someone, and that person completes a quest or mission or unlocks that something, thanks to the tips i gave to him/her... that! is pure satisfaction.
lets use stw for example. you tell someone to jump in certain part of the map to reach another area. it will be the other player who needs to do the jump, not you. so, in the end, he also will need to practice to do the long jump... your reasoning is out of context.

what really intrigues me, is this.... only the stw comunity (or admins) seems to complain all the time about people helping each other with quests.... in the long (or short) run, that part of the comunity will be considered unfriendly and arrogant.

2017-06-29 04:29:44

nope, it is really quite simple, a fact that no one seems to be able to understand. some people enjoy doing stuff on their own, others do not. end of story. in stw, in swamp, manamon, rtr, on any game, or in life. I am one of those people. i played lots of main stream games, never used cheats, never looked up walk throughs, the old tomb raiders, the old Grand theft autos, the dues ex games. lol this is not about STw for me t all, it is just the difference between 2 types of people. did i ever say don't tell others spoilers, don't tell them hints. nope. and i was also simply saying, if you want to do something on your own you can, it is quicker and easier not to yes, but anyone can do it on their own as well. you can read into sub text all you want but what i say is what i say, not what you infer from rading it. and again, seeing as it is impossible to get a point across here. this is not me as an admin of any game, just a player of games. I don't like others help, i enjoy doing stuff on my own, others do as well. and yes i have more gaming respect of anyone of any game who completes something on their own. again i feel i have to point out, not stw, but any game. everyone is stuck on the fact taht i am only talking about stw here.

2017-06-29 04:58:21

mr.brunete and all who are interested, we can keepthis topic alive with some STW quests info from time to time.
I am still far away from the map smoke-j was talking about where someone spend 30 dfc or probably more.

2017-06-29 07:38:42

Hi.
I'm one of those people who don't have much time for gaming. Sometimes I like the choice of reading some spoilers to make any progress, and at other times, I just wanna explore and try things on my own.
I got quite frustrated about the mountain climb quest because I have searched the whole mountain a lot of times, but didn't found what I was looking for. Then I just needed to know if it was possible that an other player could take my item or not, since I accepted the quest a few days before I searched the whole mountain. I wasn't asking for any hints. I got told this is possible that an other player can take a quest item. So before I gave up, I decided to search for the last time, and suddenly, beep, and the item spawned nearby me.
I really like the quests so far, but I have the feeling that sometimes, the quest items don't spawn as they should, or you get stuck because the item can be taken by an other player.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-29 17:06:22

if it does get taken by another player, it will just take a few minutes to spawn again anyway.