2017-06-10 00:53:15

Hello,

I am an undergrad student, and I have to learn a lot of java in my degree. I mentioned to a professor that it was kind of painful to look up things in the java API with a screen reader, so he developed a search tool for searching the java API quickly and very accessibly.

So for any java developers out there, here is a tool that could speed up searching the API much faster. If you post any feedback here, I can see if he can make the changes.

http://javasearch.org/

Hope this helps, I have found it very helpful in the programming I have had to do for my degree.

TJ Breitenfeldt

2017-06-10 08:44:03

Oh, nice. This actually looks kind of useful. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Yeah, the Java reference is a bit awkward to work with. This does seem to speed up the search process a bit. Keep in mind, I only used it for a quick look up of some stuff to do with Swing, but that's it. I may see some use for this in the future, however.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-06-24 20:15:26

Is it the structure of the Internet page or the General complexity of the API that makes Problems? If it is the first one, there is an HTML Help-Version of the Java API I use frequently and it's very easy to navigate in it.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2017-06-27 23:32:27

No, it is not that it is hard to use the java API, it is just not very convenient, especially for screen reader users, so my teacher built this search engine for the java API to for me, and he made sure it is accessible, but everyone, including sighted individuals found it to be very helpful. Sure, it is not necessary, but it does make searching through the API much faster.

TJ Breitenfeldt