2017-06-20 01:34:20

Thanks Alisson.
Sanslash, Electron is a way to bundle web apps into an executable. And all the API's are web. Web TTS for speech, Web Audio for audio. smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-06-20 02:35:14

I'd be disappointed however this sounds to me like RTR3.0 new and improved! I can't wait to try out this game!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-06-20 08:12:54

this is not to be negative, as I'm generally interested. but right now, as it stands, the demo confused me. I think, I will need an actual beta or something along the lines of, to fully understand this.

2017-06-20 08:24:16

Yeah! Dragon, you know how I like it right? BTW, this is HOW SHOOTER MUST BE LIKE! Games like swamp will never be there sadly, paid games.... sadly too. big_smile No offence but still, this is how it should be done to give player full controll, great experience and solid gameplay.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-06-20 09:54:51

Sounds good so far, I look forward to seeing where this is going to go

2017-06-20 15:13:01

Hi.
Sounds awesome. I look forward to see where this goes...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-20 19:50:00

sound very cool kep up with good work

2017-06-24 21:16:38

I hope this 3d sounds will be incredible as 3d in this this recording. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXm6SuUigI I miss this game:)

2017-06-24 23:24:43

That's sadly not possible, yet.
The 3D in this recording was produced by binaural microphones placed in an actual room. We can simulate this using HRTF audio, which you can hear in the demo I posted above in post 1920.
There is much more to 3D audio than simply placing a sound, however. Things like your head, your ears, the objects in the room, the material of walls and objects within a room all shape the sound and the way we hear it. Also, sounds aren't simply sound sources which originate from a single point, but sometimes multiple points or wider areas in space. This would require immense computation power and probably a very strong computer to handle on a large scale, but these are just assumptions since I'm no expert in the field. So yes, it will be 3D, and after getting used to it I can accurately place sounds in my surrounding and act accordingly, however it does not sound as impressive as actual real life sound yet.
There is a lot more involved than what I just said in how we perceive sound, and I just don't think it's possible to emulate yet. Maybe I'm wrong and someone came up with something, but that something is probably quite complicated and far beyond my understanding right now.
So if you want a demo on how the game will sound, simply listen to the recording in post 1920.

I can already tell you a little more about the game, however. I've been working, and implemented things.
The way you choose your equipment is by choosing a character. Each character has traits special to that character like speed, how high they can jump, what weapons they will have and how they will sound. You select what character you like at the beginning of a match and can select another one either after the game is over and the game mode resets, like in capture the base or last man standing, or by reconnecting as a different character in endless game modes like DM or team DM.
Creating maps is actually more complex than I thought and apparently I lack creativity to implement those, so if that's something any of you likes to do, get in touch and I might get back to you for help with that, as we'll be needing multiple maps soon enough. Of course, when the game is out, you will be able to make your own maps, be ware though that the map maker is quite hacky for now... If you've used the RTR map maker you sorta know what you're getting yourselves into. Unless, of course, you want to develop an intuitive map maker for me, at which point I'd be eternally greatful and, again, please get in touch if that's something you're willing to do. The map format is ridiculously easy to implement, especially if you're familiar with JSON, as a lot of programmers probably are.

Either way, I'm probably rambling. If you have any questions about this project don't hesitate to message me. I'm sure you'll find me somewhere if you look hard enough. Especially on Twitter or Skype and possibly discord.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-06-24 23:33:13

Hey gorthalon, Can you say, the approximate time till the update is out? year? maybe 3 months? i just want get rid from uncle susi, wich cheaters using eeven when uncle susi cheat is not granted. Also they somehow cheat coordinates, so. I'd really like if the game would get a patch for removing uncle susi

2017-06-25 03:43:16

awesome news ghorthalon. I like this overwatch or tf2 stile big_smile

Sorry for my english

2017-06-25 04:38:51

İs there any way to play this game with Jaws?

2017-06-25 11:23:18

ok, I understand problems with 3d sounds now. Ghorthalon thanks for explains. and I have 1 more question. Is it possible to easily create servers by each player as room on quentinc's playroom or mission only for your friends? When I played last man standing mission, it was nasty, when Me and my friends fight, and other players go in and out. All the time we play on the first round. Sory for mistakes, my english isn't perfect.

2017-06-26 01:20:48

nope, RTR won't work with JAWS. no surprise. tongue to change the topic, though, is there any documentation on how to use the RTR map maker, anyhow? I failed to figure it out, but would love to, if for nothing else, so I have the experience, and can hopefully experiment with it in the new game.

2017-06-26 03:56:28

hi
i have a problem. i can't find the old version of rtr. i click on your website but it shows me not found.

2017-06-26 22:37:28

I have the same problem I wanted to try the older version to.

2017-06-26 22:51:34

It appears I broke the link.
https://www.dragonapps.org/trtr_setup.exe

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-06-26 23:43:56

I downloaded the RTR version that is posted on this website when you go  to the list of games. How do I play the offline mode. I can not find any servers that are working.

2017-06-27 08:11:15

Hi.
Feel free to try my server at: server.coolfortheblind.dk

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-06-27 09:45:02

Hi,

SLJ, I added your server to the list. Hope I didn't break things... the new game will handle this better, promise. smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-06-27 12:24:12

dragonapps.org not working

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2017-06-27 17:51:19

Yeah, I think the website is down and it's not on wayback machine for some reason.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-06-27 20:29:41

Whoops. Sorry. The page is back now.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-06-28 08:27:58

Ghorthalon: Thanks so much for adding my server to the list. The server runs much more stable that I ever thought it would do.
Will the new game be backwards compatible with the old maps? Would it be worth it to start building a map in the old game, or should I wait to the new game comes?

Best regards SLJ.

2017-06-28 09:52:08

Hey.
At ghorth, that demo sounds interesting, reminds me a bit of operation black square, at leased for the sounds there xD. But apart from that, this looks very interesting. One thing I didn't really get, do you play this game in your browser or how is this planned out?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.