2017-05-29 22:55:41

Where  is the executable file so that I can click  on it. I downloaded the release

2017-05-30 08:49:21

It should be in the same folder. It is called "TDV>EXE".

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2017-06-03 22:57:50

Well I found the first Radar station in Sector V21. But Now where is the second one? I've been scouting from V21 to V24 Etc.

Sincerely:
John Follis

2017-06-06 17:22:47

Hello Friends I'm still confused how to log in multi player mode this game?
could you explaining more details?

I'M COMING! (James Potter)

2017-06-06 21:42:56

Well, it is actually pretty simple. When you are in the main menu of the game, you click on

2017-06-06 23:21:16

It's sector U21, not V21, maybe your not high enough in the air if you can't see it, because they are right next to each other.

Also, you just pick multiplayer mode, then use the address
server.coolfortheblind.dk
and type the name you want to be known by.

2017-06-07 00:18:26

defender wrote:

It's sector U21, not V21, maybe your not high enough in the air if you can't see it, because they are right next to each other.

Well I flew all over the place and had my altitude set to 49000 feet. And still didn't see it.

Sincerely:
John Follis

2017-06-10 23:35:48

Hi guys,
So, I recently got back to trying the story mode of TDV. And I have a question for those among you, who play the game with a joystick, or something else then the keyboard. My problem is, that I can't make the plain fly straight ahead. It always turns a bit to the left or to the right. Only a little bit though, but it still does it. That is especially anoying, when I am trying to land. I mean, playing this game with a joystick has definitely it's advantages, since you can move way faster. So, my question is: Do you have the same problem? And can you remap the buttons on the joystick?
IN every other way, playing with a joystick is a lot of fun. You can do stuff like barrol rolls and the split S really fast.

2017-06-22 08:50:14

I'm interested in knowing how to make the on-line multi-playing mode fair to play. For example, how would you warn players, move them if they got stuck, check their movements and chat logs, etc if they were cheating? Since it is open-source and the server is running on a home computer, rather than being centralised and hosted on something like Linode, I'm not sure how this would work, but I'm interested in knowing how this can be done. The only problem with this is that you will have multiple servers and several admins for each one. It would also be great if we could make maps, since that has become quite common in the latest games.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-06-22 08:53:28

Hello, sorry for double-posting, but I've noticed that server consoles tend to run in a command prompt form. Why is this?
Also, how would I use Linux? I'm clewless on how to use Linux, and the only way I've known to launch a server is with the TDV_server.exe file. So where would I find the mono server or whatever it's called? How would I use Linux on a Windows machine to run that server?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-06-24 23:01:08

i tried running the latest game from post 37 on my windows 10 64bit home machine and got this error log. what do i do? how do i fix this? log pasted below.

Error log, created with build version 2.23.0.37111:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238
Error Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238

2017-06-25 00:10:20 (edited by defender 2017-06-25 00:10:51)

Look on the github page linked to in post 1, under the dependencies section.

2017-06-25 01:26:59

Alright Ulices, what you need to do is simply install Mono and Aspnet on Linux. Depending on which distro you plan on using , you should look up specific instructions. Then, you can run the same executable for the server. The server is programmed in .net, and Mono is an open sourced implementation of .net. The server runs very well on my Raspberry Pi. And the thing with Linode, is running a server in-house is the same thing. Linode, as with any vps, basically matches you to someone, somewhere, who owns a machine with the specs that you specify, dedicated to hosting your server and yours alone. However, it is still just another computer, just not one that you may be paying for outright.. Munawar could've ran the server on a Raspberry Pi if  he wanted to and you could still call it a dedicated server. The reason? The only difference between this implementation, and the dedicated server, is the possibility of multiple servers. Which is why if you, as you said, wanted to make rules on a server, they would be for that server alone. If someone were to kick a user from a server, they could just hop on another one or make their own.

2017-06-25 01:29:11

Also, how do you know if there are any new updates? I tried downloading TDV again, but GitShell said that the folder already existed. So if there is a way to know if there are new updates that would be excellent.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-06-25 02:51:20

No better way than to look at the change log on Github.

2017-06-25 06:25:16 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2017-06-25 06:55:04)

You mentioned something called a Raspberry Pie. How can you such a thing? I heard that it is a physical server. If I were to use a VPS like Linode, they might already have the Raspberry Pie in their data centre.
Also, why are server consoles written with a Command-Prompt-like appearance? I noticed this with the TeamTalk server and the TDV server. I don't know if other games like STW and RS have that same kind of configuration, since they were written with BGT.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-01 17:01:36

Hi. I have a Debian 8 VPS. How can I run this server with my Linux box? Is this even possible?

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-01 18:07:18

Ulices. Oh, most certainly not. Vps's utilize machines far superior to that of a Raspberry Pi. Dedicated server machines, you know, something that google's server could run on given the proper space. A raspberry Pi is a creditcard sized computer tat can be your server for anything. And most servers are commandline based. Bgt ones usually are ran on linux through wine. Linux is the premiere operating system of choice for servers, because it is a solid, lightweight operating system, and completely free unlike the near obsolete windows server and its ridiculous license costs. So it's honestly up to you. If you have a system with amazing specs, have somewhere to leave it unattended, and don't mind doing so, use that as your server. A Raspberry Pi is a completely silent machine, no fan by default, micro sd card for storage, and take up far less space. But if you have a location in your house that you can reserve for you server setup, then use that.

2017-07-01 18:57:13 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2017-07-01 19:00:46)

Are you using Linode, Vultr, Digital Ocean, OVH, VPS dot net? Which kernel of Linux supports Debion8? I heard two possibilities. Use Wine, or Mono and Asp. That's as far as I know.
Jack, thanks for your explanation. I do wonder why server executables are written in a command-line terminal, and how they are written to not have a graphical user interface. Also, if Survive the Wild is in BGT, then why does it require a Windows VPS if you said BGT can run on Linux?
Speaking of which, I got myself a Windows VPS to use with Remote Desktop Connections. You can sort of use it like your own desktop. I may switch to CentOS, CPanel or Ubuntu once I get a better understanding of how things work.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-01 20:37:33 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2018-07-18 20:48:51)

Green Gables Fan wrote:

Are you using Linode, Vultr, Digital Ocean, OVH, VPS dot net? Which kernel of Linux supports Debion8? I heard two possibilities. Use Wine, or Mono and Asp. That's as far as I know.
Jack, thanks for your explanation. I do wonder why server executables are written in a command-line terminal, and how they are written to not have a graphical user interface. Also, if Survive the Wild is in BGT, then why does it require a Windows VPS if you said BGT can run on Linux?
Speaking of which, I got myself a Windows VPS to use with Remote Desktop Connections. You can sort of use it like your own desktop. I may switch to CentOS, CPanel or Ubuntu once I get a better understanding of how things work.

Oh, Linode for the win.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-01 21:00:07

It doesn't *need* a windows vps. They may choose to use a windows vps. But wine on x86 vps's works.

2017-07-16 23:19:58

I get this when I try and run the application.  It says that it encountered a user defined breakpoint.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-08-28 02:51:54

hi: how do I access multiplayer? in tdv,, is it a mode or something?

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2017-08-28 03:29:11

Yup, it's a mode.

2017-08-28 08:24:47

Do you know if the game is still being worked on? There are a lot of bugs in the multiplayer mode which makes it less fun... Hosting a server is not good, because it needs to be restarted all the time to make it work as expected, so currently, because I haven't seen any updates or any announcements from Munawar, I have shut down my server.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen