2017-06-21 04:21:56

Hi guys, creation is now back working. If you get an error first time you attempt to log in your newly created character, simply restart the client and try again, you'll be able to log on.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 04:25:00

Hi, when I go to any of the ships on the launch deck, and press e, it always tells me "access denied." It didn't used to do that. What happened?

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 05:17:51

It means that you can't just take off with any ship you please, you have to be on the crew list or it has to be your own. Oh, and just so everyone knows, i'll be making changes to creation so that you no longer end up on earth right away, you'll be starting a mission which will help you get a weapon and get you aquainted with using it.

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 06:08:30

how about the main story mode? will you continue working on that one?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 07:35:50

@danny:
Hi guys. For the confederation problem if you still have an older version lieing around, copy and paste the confederation folder from the sounds folder
their into the new copy and it should work. If you need me to upload it let me know.
there is no any confederation in old or new client.
so upload it.

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 09:59:16

is there a link from were i can download the game?

Paul

2017-06-21 10:21:30

The link in the first post should be working now, sorry about forgetting to update it. @hanif, no, I totally just put the story mode in for the cool factor. Just kidding, I will update it when time allows.

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 12:55:35

Having had to jump back to Windows to try the manual piloting, I think it's definitely a step forward, now no heading bullcrap and no mark bullshit, just north, south, east and west on hthe arrows, and plus and minus for the height makes it a lot easie and simpler for new pilots. I do hink manual pilto should on the shuttle at least play a bigger role in things, and I would like to see a button to open up a menu for launch/land/dock/undock and such in the manal pilot mode without having to exit that mode frankly.

Also, thruster sounds need to make a comeback, and (not tested as no weapons) but if tracking could D give a distance to the target and the weapon range?

Like so:

Earth 150 west (Laser  range 5)

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2017-06-22 08:14:19

Hi.
Has the Nova ship which contains some of the storyline in the online gameplay been taken out of the game? What about the ship which have weapons?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-22 09:59:50

The nova needs to be rebuilt. And yes. Combat is coming. Just bare with me, i've got a tun of things I want to do on my todo list so stuff is going super slow at the moment, weapons are their and I have a fighter that i'm testing them on, i'm just needing to create a few additional starsystems for people to battle in so that when the fighter's out everything doesn't get recked by people rampaging through sol.

Thumbs up

2017-06-22 16:49:48

Been running into this weird one when I've been poking around Sol station and it only happens when using the turbocar to get back to the docking bay

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 754, in run
  File "functions.py", line 531, in eventloop
  File "src/sfml/audio.pyx", line 454, in sfml.audio.Music.from_file (src/sfml/audio.cpp:7647)
IOError: Failed to open sound file "maps/sol station/docking/room1.ogg" (couldn't open stream)
Exception in thread Thread-9:
  File "functions.py", line 807, in gameloop
  File "functions.py", line 1813, in roomcycle
  File "src/sfml/audio.pyx", line 454, in sfml.audio.Music.from_file (src/sfml/audio.cpp:7647)
IOError: Failed to open sound file "maps/sol station/docking/room1.ogg" (couldn't open stream)

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-22 21:46:18 (edited by JaceK 2017-06-22 22:04:33)

So this is happening regardless of if it's a brand new character or an old one, and it's not just me that's experiencing it, I saw Cuddley explain it.

It even happens when I simply land on the station and exit the ship, which is sort of a big, big probllem give that Earth's too crowded at the moment.

Oh and it happens regardless of using Windows or Linux versions too. So....yeah

EDIT: More info, since Danny told me earlier start an offline game. Didn't help, as soon as I logged back into online, bang, errorr.

It doeson't even begin to download the map at all. Deleting the folder out of the maps folder makes no difference. Even copying a working solstation folder and manually placing it in the maps folder does nothing at all, and manually moving the room1.ogg file to the solstation/docking folder does nothing at all.

Something interesting I noted was the game was deleting or hiding the docking folder as I changed floors, and even though I put the docking folder back before I changed from the shipyard to teh docking bay, it still deleted the                       solstation/docking folder in question and gave me the error in the post above.

I can't think of a reason why the game should really be deleting a folder that it needs for audio files simply because of a map change, or indeed not simply checking if the existing folder is there and then not downloading the map again. This is an odd one.

This is all from Linux testing but I am going to go repeat the process on Windows and see what happens, I can't think of a reason that the game should be deleting/moving/hiding/whatever the map files though, I saw it happen, I hit E on the turbocar to go to docking, and I alt tbbed over instantly, there was no solstation/docking folder in the directory, and even when I put one there it disappeared and gave me the 'there has been a horiffic error' when it tried to load the non existent map.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-22 22:22:07

More testing and I can confirm here that the docking folder does, indeed, get deleted with this issue.

Here's what I did, I have a character or two o on Sol that have this issue.

I logged into my account. Made doubly sure the docking folder was ther and it was

Chose one to test with

Horrific error before anythin happened, i.e. the instant I hit enter to log in, horrific error, please report the error, yadda yadda

Checked the maps/solstation folder....

The docking folder had been deleted, and I hadn't alt tabbed out of the game to do it, all I had done was simply try to log in. So yes, the game is deleting map folders and this is a weird thing for me.

Can anyone else who runs into this confirm if it's just me, or if anyone else notices this?

It doesn't do it for any other areas at all, but I do want to test with a mining ship to check if it's a new thing for Sol or if it's always been there though from memory it always did download a fresh map when changing decks in any ship, so it makes me think it's always been there. I'll carry on testing and report back, I tested on both Windows 10 with the latest updates and Ubuntu Mate LTS 16.0r with the latest updates for that OS, same behavior for both systems and my machine specs are an I6 with a 50B HDD and onboard graphics and audio, running on a 50mb/s wireless connection and using the standard laptop keyboard and display and headphone jack., and I tried with Narrator and NVDA in Windows with the same results, and Orca in Linux and all three times it crashed and gave the same rror.log in the post above.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-22 23:09:57

it wasn't doing that a few days ago, so maybe it got scrued up?

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-06-22 23:23:50

@Cuddley: Inded but the shipyard wasn't in a few days ago was it? Or rather the stuff in the shipyard I mean. Either way I just find it really, really strange how the game doesn't check if the folder is there when you first log in and just deletes the docking folder regardless if it's already there, and even deletes it if the folder is there from before. I'm not sure why but yes, it does the exact same (for me anyhow) on Windows 10 here too, I can move the older out, error. I can then put the folder back and watch the game delete it on logging in.

I tried with loading a char on Earth and it didn't delete that folder, same for creation or a ship so it's something unique to the Sol station honestly. and it happens across OSes. It's even got to the point where just landing on the station is enough to cause the error and completely break the character you're using and it's always the same thing, cannnot open stream, yet if I put the file in question back in the folder it just deletes the folder, then immediately throws an error before trying to download the map, when the folder was there before logging in.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 06:29:05

Greetings all. Sol station is properly fixt now. Oh, and today's changes. Since I staybelized space combat, I thought it was time to at last focus on something ground baste. You will find in the shipyard level of sol a galactic network terminal where you can order weapons and clips for those weapons. Enjoy.

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 06:56:07

Exception in thread Thread-282:
  File "functions.py", line 1998, in playsound2
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 675, in load_from_file
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 453, in buffer_load_from_file
WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x00000000
Exception in thread Thread-277:
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 675, in load_from_file
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 455, in buffer_load_from_file
MemoryError: Could not call speex_resampler_cpp::staticResampler. (C:\libaudioverse\src\libaudioverse\kernels\resamplers.cpp:20)
Exception in thread Thread-275:
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 455, in buffer_load_from_file
MemoryError: Memory allocation error: bad allocation (C:\libaudioverse\src\libaudioverse\buffer.cpp:148)
Exception in thread Thread-198:
  File "functions.py", line 2002, in playsound2
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 738, in value
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 701, in node_get_int_property
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000000
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-198, stopped 9324)>>

Exception in thread Thread-211:
MemoryError: Could not call speex_resampler_cpp::staticResampler. (C:\libaudioverse\src\libaudioverse\kernels\resamplers.cpp:20)
Exception in thread Thread-217:
Exception in thread Thread-221:
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 453, in buffer_load_from_file
Exception in thread Thread-214:
Exception in thread Thread-216:
Exception in thread Thread-212:
MemoryError: Memory allocation error: bad allocation (C:\libaudioverse\src\libaudioverse\buffer.cpp:148)
Exception in thread Thread-213:
Exception in thread Thread-215:
Exception in thread Thread-166:
  File "functions.py", line 2002, in playsound2
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 738, in value
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 701, in node_get_int_property
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-166, stopped 3776)>>

File "functions.py", line 418, in eventloop
  File "functions.py", line 1241, in cleansounds
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'state'
  File "functions.py", line 407, in eventloop
IndexError: list index out of range
Exception in thread Thread-16:
  File "functions.py", line 674, in gameloop
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 742, in value
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 638, in node_set_int_property
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-16, stopped 11828)>>Exception in thread Thread-25:
  File "functions.py", line 813, in gameloop
  File "functions.py", line 1835, in roomcycle
  File "audio.pyx", line 406, in sfml.audio.Music.from_file (src/sfml\audio.cpp:5909)
IOError: Failed to open sound file "sounds/confederation/room40.ogg" (System error : The system cannot find the path specified.

)
  File "audio.pyx", line 406, in sfml.audio.Music.from_file (src/sfml\audio.cpp:5909)
IOError: Failed to open sound file "sounds/confederation/room40.ogg" (System error : The system cannot find the path specified.

)

)
  File "functions.py", line 1241, in cleansounds
Unhandled exception in thread started by Traceback (most recent call last):

<bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-15, stopped 11128)>>Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-37, stopped 13128)>><bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-31, stopped 12920)>>Traceback (most recent call last):

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-10, stopped 5364)>>Exception in thread Thread-1:
  File "functions.py", line 1261, in cleansounds
Exception in thread Thread-30:

)
Exception in thread Thread-10:

)

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 08:17:25

Wow. Sounds great Danny. I just wasn't sure on what was going on, because the Nova ship suddenly was gone. smile I look forward to try the new weapons. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-23 10:22:16

So we got space combat but no buyable fighters and every time a fighter shows up it either gets stolen or sold, we got ground comba gear and nada to fight yet...

I think those two things ought to be fixed up, even if it's just a fighter minus fusion jumping and simply a room with aliens in it to murderise

Also, 77k  for a cargo run as a first shipment, IMO that needs tweaking a tiny tiny bit....

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 12:50:29

No, you guys have fighters now. I added them in, you can buy them at your local shipyard. To protect those who don't wanna get shot at, and because i'm still working on fusion jumps, firing in the sol system is possible, however, to protect those who don't want to get shot at, you have to be past the range of 200000 or -200000 on any coordinate, as the game will not permit you to fire in that area.

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 13:11:44

Fair comprimise but I'd hesitate to think if anyone would go out of their way normally out there, admittedly if you're going that way you're asking to get shot at. Still, I think it's a fair system, you got the interior of the system, and 4/5 of the system if my math is corrcect or thereabout, to go fuck shit up.

Speaking of, I'm taking ship names, and I'm taking a ship scrapping service. Tired of your old ship? Come outside the safe zone and meet up with me, and your ship will be destoryed in a safe and controlled manner.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 13:58:25

Greetings all. So 2 changes to report. First up, when slowing down, you should no longer instantly stop while your ship decelerates. Second up, have you ever wanted to fight the strawl? Now's your chance. For those who land on pluto in the sol system at coordinates 900000 900000 900000, you'll find that every step has a chance of spawning the strawl. If one spawns, you'll have to kill it with any weapons you find. Enjoy.

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 16:13:48

Hello Danny,

My name on Death Match is Marico Cantos and I am having a problem with character creation.  It seems that when I create a character, there is always a horrific error that occurs when I start the game, and I can't even get passed the first stage of the game.

I just wanted to let you know just to see what could be done about this sort of thing.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shinobi

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2017-06-23 20:56:24 (edited by Farhad Ali Bhatti 2017-06-23 21:14:02)

danny in fighter ships 50 speed is very slow and also menual pilot is good but fusion drive or fusion jump is must for long drive.
i mean we have to go pluto so i think we must spend one or two days to reach that.
I am playing from last 5 hours, but i have reached only coordinates: 415943, 140357, 33773.
so what you think is it not very hard and long process?

Thumbs up

2017-06-23 22:38:16

Hi. if anybody reads my posts, be cause i don't have any reply if you delete your character all ships are still exist and make some haos. I thing that all ships and other things dependent of deleted players should be destroyed.

Thumbs up