2017-06-19 13:59:26

It seems I'm the one known for posting about muds periodically. So, I'll throw another one out there.

This is actually an old mud that finally reopened. It used to be a favourite of mine, and I have dreamed about it reappearing for a long time. Apparently, I wasn't the only one and enough emails reached the former owner to cause it to be revitalized. And thus, here we are.

The mud is called Konquest, and is likely a mud that will appeal to a variety of players.
A quick summation of what is offered:
Everything is player constructed aside from the small starting outpost, a bit like empire mud. Players must hunt, harvest and otherwise gather resources to construct armour, weapons and other equipment, with recipes being dropped randomly that give instructions for the development of powerful magical items. Additionally, players can construct lairs of their own, which are like old-school roguelike dungeons that can be raided by other players. These lairs can be guarded with any creature found in the wilderness, stocked with hoards of treasure to age and become more powerful, laced with traps, secret exits and so on, and given shops for the mercantile minded.
Guilds, guildhalls and clans are also possible, though expensive and noone has yet managed to make one. We're working on it though.
Another point of interest is that Konquest has extremely fast and nontraditional combat. Anyone who is familiar with godwars2 will recognize some of the mechanics. Combat is purely manual, with various actions given by what one is wielding, the skills taken and magical items worn. We have everything from poleaxes to rapiers to scourges to 6 different forms of magic. You can pair them in any combination you like, with leathers, chain, heavy armour and so on. Additionally, equipment and character setups can be reset and retrained freely at any time. Indeed, there are quick commands to move between skillsets in the main outpost, meaning players often switch from a high damage build to a tanky build based on where they're fighting.

The mud has autogenerated dungeons, such as vampire crypts, tombs and the like. Often these require groups of players to assault. There's more, but I've now written at least three paragraphs. If any of this seems interesting, I urge you to come check us out. This mud will appeal to crafters, explorers, empire builders, pkers and more.

Telnet address: 174.3.173.109
port: 4000

2017-06-19 15:46:41

woho this one sounds intresting...
1 question though,, when you exploring/killing stuff, could you do it alone? , on empire mud you can't, you need a group for the adventure.

2017-06-19 15:58:10

Indeed, you can explore and collect resources alone. Some of the dungeons bosses likely require more than one person, and there are things out there that are really, really nasty. But the short answer is yes.

2017-06-19 16:18:57

i have played this game for about 3 hours now.
It looks unique indeet.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-06-19 16:25:00

ah thanks, will check it out then,

2017-06-19 17:42:01

Wow! Realy looks like a very nice mud! The combat is very interesting but you have to react very very fast. A soundpack would be absolutely usefull for this. HAHA, i am thinking of using a gamepad for the fightingstuff, haha.

2017-06-20 01:17:53

Oh i have one question: im start to play and i go in adventures guild, and enter in to dungeon master room. and from him i get map of any dungeon for example: goblin camp. but how to come there? does game have options like any muds for example: walkto any destination or any accesible way to move around world?

2017-06-29 16:39:22

Sounds fun, giving this a try, and bumping the topic. Sorry, not sorry.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-07-13 20:09:20

I know I used to play this game, but now I can't remember my account name/password. It's been years.

2017-07-25 10:05:35

Is the mud down? I cant connect since yesterday evening.