2017-06-19 11:42:07

It's pretty sweet honestly, just be careful where you jump to, plus/minus a million is not a good spot to peap to

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 11:43:12

So i've been mulling a few ideas over in my head, and one of the things i've gotten to is this, which if you guys like it enough i'll probably end up replacing the inner workings of the ship flight system with this, and putting back in manual pilot. My idea is to change the ship movement system so instead of trying to program in headings and set speeds, you'd be on a 3d grid with your ship. Holding down the aeros would be used to propell your ship in the desired direction while increasing your speed, but as soon as you released and had no more aeros held down your ship would slow down to speed 0. Pluss and minus would be use to make your ship go up and down on the z coordinate. This would require a bit of reworking of the ship flight system, and would require another client update, but would also decrease the workload on me for stuff such as fusion drives, combat, etc, as with out the complicating factors of headings and a rotation system that came with the last manual pilot system, it'd be much easier for me to plan out activities that wouldn't be all automated. Let me know what you think and weather this is something you would be intrested in, or weather you'd prefer it to stay as it is.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 11:47:36

Already said my piece to you but let me put it here

1. The idea sounds cool

2. It's not 'realistic' but a 'realistic' system gets in the way

3.It sounds easy to pick up and play and hard to master.

In short: I for one am willing to try it out at least in  a hey, let's see how this ends up, capacity. This is after all a beta and things are subject to change, but if it speeds up development it's also a good thing

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 16:56:21

Greetings. Note that the change engine power option and the change ship heading options will be unavailable  at the present time as i've just finished the initial prototype for the new flight system I described in my last post. For now, use autopilot. The new flight system's also made ships tuns faster, so you should find it no longer takes ages to get to an asteroid or any of that. Next up on my list will be to finalize the design, of the new manual pilot, after that, I can at last get to work on space combat.

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 17:15:43

wow.  Great idea dani. Honestly I prefer the manual pilot, it is much more exciting than the auto.

Sorry for my english

Thumbs up +1

2017-06-19 19:14:38

Greetings all. The modifications to the flight system are complete. Autopilot should work fully now, so will the manual pilot. I will be releasing a client update with the new controls for manual pilot soon.

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 20:07:59

hi. I like the idea of that manual pilot thing. but could you set key for changing z coord to home and end button? or something near aro key. i think plus and minus is ok but if we doing combat it'll taking to hard work for finding the key tongue

I'm sorry for my english. Because it isn't my native language

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 21:50:53

I'd preer bindiable controls honestly,

I'd probably set mine up like this.

Arrow keys, yeah that's fine and good

Shift for increase Z axis
Control for decrease Z axis

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 22:33:37

Hi. I thing serious bug in the custom ship creating. When you give any sound or other name which don't exist in creation process and you try to enter this ship it generates an error and everytime when you will login to your character this error will appear so your character is something like blocked. I'm sorry for my english.

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 09:44:45

it would be better if the key reference for this new flight looks like:
the arrow key is used to accelerate your ship and turn it. the control key and the up or down arrow key is used to change the Z coordinate.
that's the key that I think should be used for this new flight system.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 10:22:29

Greetings all. I'm still compiling the linux version of this new update, but the windows version comes in a new zip form, which is what i'm going to use from now on. This update contains 2 bug fixes. 1, you should no longer find objects that were inside your ship reappearing if you leave to another location. 2, I did some more work on the muffling code, which should hopefully stop the errors you've been getting during gameplay client side, or at least stop the majority of them. This update also adds an option to enable hrtf support in the options menu under audio settings. It also adds in the manual pilot system updates, which means you should be able to enjoy manual pilot fully again. Get it from http://realitysoftware.noip.us/dmpa.zip

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 11:16:03

Hi. There is few errors in HRTF functionality.
1. It don't works properly. I don't know what happens exactly but i know that 3d simulation can be very impressive, but in DMPA is hm... simply strange.
2. HRTF setting is not remembered so every time when you entering the game it is turned of.
3. When you turn on HRTF and next press enter to turned it off there is a horific error but nothing in errors.log.

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 11:58:34

Is the tractor beam module working for you guys? I tried to use it in story mode, but can't do anything with it.

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 15:55:39

Danny, how this manual pilot key? and I bought a Turbograff class and I cannot move my ship, I already set corse and set autopilot enabled, when I set engine power to 100 ship didn't move

2017-06-20 16:45:12

error about offline mode
Exception in thread Thread-66:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 754, in run
  File "functions.py", line 2662, in move
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 1691, in state
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 1041, in value
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 638, in node_set_int_property
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000000
Unhandled exception in thread started by
also about online mode that ship's funtions are not working.

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 18:28:15

Hi Danny sir This is Anam Sankhe, Please remove my Death match game's account so that I can make it again because, I forgot the password of My account.
Username: AnamLion

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 19:27:19

Exception in thread Thread-1:
  File

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2017-06-20 19:37:20

Hi.
why are you no longer releasing installers for windows?
Is there a reason to this or do you just want a portable app.
The only gripe I had was that I didn't want to lose my old side scroler version but still that was about all.
will installers come back in when this game is out of public beta or do you plan on keeping it a portable app or do you plan to have both.

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 19:59:14

Hi all I randomly deleted my character and create new one but when i try to conect it says horific error and I find this in the error log.
  File

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 20:03:25

Hmmm.
decided to ditch my char but every time I make another one I get the following
  File

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 20:06:49

IOError: Failed to open sound file "sounds/confederation/room4.ogg" (System error : The system cannot find the path specified.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2017-06-20 20:15:29

Exception in thread Thread-66:
  File "functions.py", line 2662, in move
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 1691, in state
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 1041, in value
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 638, in node_set_int_property
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000000
Unhandled exception in thread started by Exception in thread Thread-10:
  File "functions.py", line 813, in gameloop
  File "functions.py", line 1835, in roomcycle
  File "audio.pyx", line 406, in sfml.audio.Music.from_file (src/sfml\audio.cpp:5909)
IOError: Failed to open sound file "sounds/confederation/room40.ogg" (System error : The system cannot find the path specified.

)
sorry to say but
happy erroring! not gaming!

Thumbs up

2017-06-20 20:54:33

Yeah confederation room 4 ogg error.

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 02:20:18

i found a error.

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-2, stopped 1204)>>Exception in thread Thread-2:
  File

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

Thumbs up

2017-06-21 03:58:59

Hi guys. For the confederation problem if you still have an older version lieing around, copy and paste the confederation folder from the sounds folder their into the new copy and it should work. If you need me to upload it let me know. As for people who have expressed difficultys with spaceships. First, remember to launch, second, remember that engine power and change ship heading do not work with the new system, see my previous post on the subject. With that in mined, the mining ship probably needs a redesign, as does a purging of all older ships, at least, ones that don't have any owners on them.

Thumbs up