2017-06-16 19:30:12

what a nice post from people thinking they are security experts. using a website to scan a file, after get the report, and come to the forums say this file is a virus.
first, do you know what even a trojan?
second, have you ever herd about antiviruses false reports?
third, would you mind deleting your screen reader because it reads and rights in to your DLL files? I don't think you'd mind to throgh your hard drive away, cause every system you install edits files.
well, ok people, what is a trojan? a trojan in a simpl definition is a malwear before it can be a virus. it is a link and a slave which connects to a pointed host: I.E IP address. this malwear allows the person who's connected to the same ip and port to send and reseave commands to control the victim's system with out him knowing what's going on, and that's what made it a virus as you all say, due to the fact that  it gives no confirmation to do an action, thus it is cristal clear that if I wanna know if this program is a trojan or not, I scan and see what my devise is connected to, which can be done in many easy ways. of course not just scanning my file in a web site, and say oh my god look at that! a trojan! because it simply doesn't work this way. now we're going in to antiviruses false reports,
if you don't know it antiviruses nowadays has something called Proactive defense. what this thing does is the following:
it scans the actions, events, and behaviors of itch application you run, and based on what the developers did code, it detects the file as a thred, thus let us say if you have an app can change the registry values, setup a connection with a server, copy its self to many system folders, and ETC... the antivirus will think it a virus, and I am saying will think it, it is not 100% sure. and from what all we know bgt can do all those stuff, so bgt games are most of the times getting false reports. it is not just red spot and stw. go scan crazy party, go scan tk, and alot of bgt games.
oh btw dash or whatever your name is, windows defender doesn't detect bgt games as a virus. I am having win 10 pro here, and I never get this problem. I am using Kaspersky Total Security as well which's one of the strongest  antiviruses to do not say the best, because there's not a best one, and the same result the game is clean. so check your system is not infected before you do a scan.
this topick is like, let us revive what happened last week. random people throing words out with no proofs. which's getting old. SamTupy must be the bad person who does those things all the time. so you are acting like someone who gos and say: just start a fire, and relax I'll keep putting oyal on it.
greetings

2017-06-16 21:27:40

I know that some BGT games are are flagged as viruses. But from what I've heart, in my private opinion, I am not telling anyone its good, but I am going to delete all samtupy's games from my PC. Honestly, I have better MMORPGs to play. That's my last post in this thread

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-06-16 21:36:12

Totally agree with Hamada. Things of that matter do always happen with bgt games, as all of you know. Will we remain complaining regarding this matter and don't understand the fact that how lots of antiviruses and scanning services have issues with bgt games? Not only Sam's games as Hamada have stated, so.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-06-16 21:42:21

So, figure it's time for me to step in here. I will say right now that my games *Do not, contain any viruses. This is honestly quite sad to see. Hold on. I modify the system files? You guys... You need to be running a file as NTAthority\System to modify root NTDLL's. I can not do this. As you see, You even need to run the game as admin to delete the small file indicating you have not read the rules in survive the wild. Also, something else here. Ivan. I hate pointing fingers and I hate starting drama but if it's to protect my self, I must. Do you guys know the stuff Ivan has done? So many people could tell you. Ivan is a lire, a Manipulator, and several other things. I could give you a lot of proof, and will on private requests. Everyone in there lives do stupid immature things, if we didn't we'd be perfect. Yes, I do mes around with computer security stuff. Yes, a couple times in my passed, I have been very unwise and immature with abilities like that. But I have never, ever, not once, ever, put a virus, in my audio games. Think about it guys. Just think about it and I know this may sound a bit harsh but... Do you really think I would spend 2 years coding a game, working on that game and improving that game, just to infect a bunch of people that can't even debug an issue before blaming people with a virus? Guys, I have a lot better things to do in life. I'm not trying to say I'm perfect or anything like that, no one is. But really guys, yep, the virus program detects Sam Tupy's game as a virus and Ivan has said he has TT recordings. Yep, it's him. Lets look into the number of things that you can debug in this situation. 1. The scanner reports a positive. OK, on first glance maybe concerning. But before instantly blaming, think first. Virus scanners always show false positives. As hamada stated, it looks at the capabilities of survive the wild. Lets see here. First, it connects to a server with an encrypted connection. A trogen could also do that. It writes files. A trogen also could do that. It calls DLL's to record for voice chat etc etc. Yes, a trogen could, also do that. However, it's how the code writer writes his code. Yes it can do those things, but it does not do them in a harmful way. It writes files for the comp ban and the settings and stuff. It calls DLL's for voice chat etc. It connects to the server cuz... Um, well, yeah. It connects to a server. Anyone who can't figure out why should learn a little more about what they are pretending to be an expert about, but anyway. Lol. The thing is, is that I can't make you guys believe what I want and I won't try. But the anti virus? I know that is faulse. Ivan's TT recordings? As I said I've messed with that stuff in the past because I think it is interesting, but I have NOT used any games to distribute viruses, and have no plans of doing so. So, I will close this post knowing that the wiser here will realize that these games are virus free, and that the non wiser here will just stop playing them. Hmmm... Would I be a dick if I thought of this as the clenzing? OK sorry.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-06-16 22:32:46

hey, it's this one again. And before you assume, I'm not gonna bash sam here. I'd like to at least redirect the unwise here trying to prove these games, contain, a virus. The executable size of redspot, standard BGT size, and the decryption and listing of the sounds file, proves beyond reasonable doubt that there is no virus directly imbedded in the games. So you can throw your antivirus reports out the window. The only way he could inflict a virus on your machine is via a background download. You wanna check for something like that? Look for 32 bit processes with system names if you're so paranoyed. Check all possible startup locations with autoruns by sysinternals. If you see a windows process, dllhost.exe, rundll32.exe, etc, starting up in there you can safely assume it is a virus and then it is time to find the offending process and tell something about that. But malware has for a long time been giving itself fake filenames to confuse the end user. Svchost, for example. There's always loads of duplicates of those. Somebody would really have to be looking hard to find an offender. Sam has previously used that virus, but there are no current instances I know of and I've talked to him and ivan while using the controller. Ivan received a file called dllhost.exe, placed in %appdata%\microsoft, it was 5.9MB and definitely didn't belong there. Attribute that to whatever you want. It was probably created by sam/carter as of what it did, but I doubt it was distributed in redspot. Also ivan's argument today when he told me sam was imbedding shit in his games was the router exploit and random commands, mouse movements etc being passed through the system. UPNP via router exploit could not execute a keyboard command and a mouse movement. My speech was turned off. I restarted NVDA and nothing else happened. Checked for suspicious processes and everything running under 64 bit. Bgt can't do that. I checked filesystem paths and couldn't find anything out of place. So there. If indeed he is using some router exploit via UPNP to access your hard drive, then by god disable UPNP! And watch out for port forwarding too. That's all I have to say on the matter. Not taking sides.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-06-16 22:36:19

sorry for the double post but I'd advise you to check the last update to bloodshed. If I remember correctly, it was in 2015. That's... Old! Bloodshed and rs/stw imbedding something would have nothing to do with each other. And besides if he was trying to send out a virus via mass download, rs/stw would be a much better target. Bloodshed is clean.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-06-16 23:19:13 (edited by cartertemm 2017-06-16 23:23:09)

must say I agree with Colton on most counts. Doing annual checks of startup as well as task manager is definitely recommended. also, *32 means absolutely nothing. All that is is the application running in 32-bit, this is standard for the BGT compiler. However most other languages, Autoit for example, have the option to change this.
But still, there is no, true, way to detect malware here. Anyone remember Neshta? That changed the registry by making all exe's run with svchost.com. No process running there, nothing in startup, just a damn clever virus.

2017-06-16 23:53:37

@Sam I did not say that your games are viruses, I just gave a link to read the analysis of the virus total, I checked, and my bgt programs are also detected as viruses, I do not judge you and other persons to adding viruses to games.
Greetings.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2017-06-17 03:11:54

I don't have much to say, and I don't even know why I am getting involved in this. I do believe, however, that I have the simplest solution to solve everyone's trouble. Here it is. If you, for any reason, believe that any game contains a virus that could cause any sort of damage to your computer then get rid of it. Problem solved. That's all you have to do.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-06-17 05:21:17 (edited by defender 2017-06-17 05:33:23)

Yeah I've gotten this one as well, and quite recently too.

Sam likes to put little things in his games that pull info like global location based on IP, and probably more, it's pretty much par for the course when it comes to the kind of dev that likes to continually try new things, little side projects to increase their repertoire, which is especially common among young ones. It's pretty harmless, and it tends to elicit some strong knee jerk reactions from people that often don't really know what their talking about, but it almost certainly doesn't help with this false positive problem.
Either way Sam, if you want people to stop freaking out over this kind of thing, you should probably make an actual effort to figure out why it's happening and try to fix it instead of just coming here to defend your self each and every time.
No one with a shred of common sense is going to put much stake in the explanation of the guy who's program is the issue in the first place, especially when it's not a very specific one, and basically just boils down to, my game does shit that other games do, which is similar to what some viruses do, because applications are applications, therefore it's all okay, nothing to see here folks.
That's kind of a shit reason considering most games don't have this problem.

Also, lets stop with this bullshit about blind people being more dramatic/entitled/quick to anger etc etc etc, insert generic badly thought out opinion here, because it's at least as annoying as the people who actually fit this description.
Besides, it's almost never actually the case, and the best part of it is that the people saying this are also often the ones who use allot of other sites slash forms of social media, and only consider ag.net to be a small piece of that.I guess this makes them feel superior for outgrowing it somehow? because these are the exact kind of people who should fucking know better, having seen a larger slice of the internet.
The amount of pointless flame wars, troll posts, and finger pointing on most mainstream threads is considerably higher, and if you don't see that, then I'm not sure what your smoking or what closed communities you like to hang out in, because the only reason it's gotten a bit better over the last few years is do to better generalized management of the problem based on hard won experience, E.G. posting rules, wide spread moderation, post filtering based on machine learning algorithms, and third party commenting services that do their own policing.
Have you ever seen a sub reddit, youtube comment, 2chan or 4chan thread, or forum post on a site that caters to an unpopular or contentious ideology? If so, then you know that these statements are complete and utter crap.
The effects of discord of any type in a small community are naturally going to be felt allot more, and it's surprising to me that this basic fact escapes so many people who are otherwise pretty smart.

It makes you look like a complete douch when you define an entire community based on the actions of a few consistently problematic individuals, and believe me, I've experienced it too, the Twitter slash Skype slash TT blind community, and yes, they have their problems, some that maybe more specific to being a minority and often being  on government assistants do to the difficulty of finding a job, which is far harder in some places than others, being locked in to using some of the more rudimentary /out of date forms of accessible technology do to having no choice but to use them while growing up, or being emotionally sheltered from the world by over protective sighted parents and the personal constraints of blind schools; but every community has it's unique issues, and rather than helping to fix them, even if only on an individual basis, you decide to turn on the entire community with an attitude of selfish, short sided arrogance, because you can half ass your way through a couple mainstream games and you use a laptop and braille display rather than a notetaker.

Besides, I've found that for every ten people you don't like for what ever reason in this community, there is 1 that makes up for it. Which again, is common in every corner of the internet.
And if you don't like a particular group of people, then why not just leave and find another anyway? Seems like your spending allot more time bitching than looking, because like I said, there are plenty of blind people to choose from that meet your personal standards, which I'm sure is totally not a subjective thing at all right? tongue

2017-06-17 10:37:01

well if it is not sam's games that does that i appolagize. but if it is, then well...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-06-17 11:24:13

OK then,
if that's true that Sam's games do not contain viruses,
I am really sorry for starting this. I have just realised some facts and wrote this.
Sorry again

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-06-17 12:37:45

I just keep hearing of supposed teamtalk recordings wherein Sam hacks pcs, and because these recordings exist, he has done it to his games. If you are going to accuse someone of having written a virus and putting it into a game, the least you can do is share your recordings and supposed viruses. Since I've never seen any link to any sort of recording whatsoever, It seems like this is just trying to damage reputation for no reason. On the other side, people on redspot and stw, as far as I know, are being banned permanently if they cheat. The phrase once a cheater, always a cheater comes to mind here. Since Sam has admitted to hacking systems in the past, people don't trust you as much as other devs, for the same reason you don't trust cheaters. So when someone claims he knows you wrote a virus and embedded it into your game, they are adding fuel to a smouldering fire. People are inclined to beleive what is being said, because it has happened in the past.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-06-17 14:27:55

alrighty, I've mostly been staying away from this nonsense because it's honestly childish, but I'm going to step in for two reasons, mainly that A, it's childish, and B, it has the potential of turning into something more serious.  No moderation hat as of yet, just advice and overall hand holding, in a sense.
To those playing Sam's games: RS-Games is also detected as malware depending on what program you ask.  I haven't run intense checks on it but can at least tell you of two programs that have picked it up as such, and I'm sure there are plenty of other games that get flagged as malicious regardless of what they're programmed in, Night of Parasite included.  Were I to go through the database right now I'd probably find at least 5 other titles that supposedly pose a threat of some sort; software is finiky at times and causes conflicts... Plain and simple.  You are advised never to use a piece of software or hardware without applying common sense.
To Sam: this is the second topic to my knowledge that has been created concerning your games on this forum, in the span of roughly 2 weeks.  Audiogames net as you well know does not promote malware, but I'm sure the overall administration panel will agree with me that it is not our responsibility to police software and screen every download link posted.  There are times when we, out of generosity, do take that plunge particularly when it concerns other software people aren't exactly sure of and which is being promoted as a helpful utility or other convenience.  We trust developers to post and promote content safely and to manage it to the best of their abilities because to protect the users of this forum is to protect audiogaming in general, a small and somewhat limited market currently in existence.
As a young developer, your attitude in post 29 is expected and can be appreciated, but perhaps it's time you stop to consider what your aim with developing games is, should you continue down this road.  If you are in fact creating games for everyone to enjoy, then I believe the responsibility of policing your software and making any necessary fixes including those that might be causing other people discomfort is one you should be taking seriously.  If you are making games for you and your friends alone, then I suggest you stop posting them here and save yourself and others a massive headache and time, because eventually the fact that you are so blatantly and carelessly looking the other way while people are reporting your games as malware is going to get around and hurt you.  Should we receive any official reports on this matter we may be forced to take action; what that may mean I do not currently know.  I urge you to act accordingly because I know you can and because we expect it of any developer that claims to have time to develop and maintain a game.
Can we please settle this matter peacefully and without any further finger pointing and beating up on each other?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-06-17 14:52:08

Hi there,
I find this post very interesting, as most recently I have had a lot of virus reports regarding  Bgt scripts from vipre
The idea of a fellow developer deliberately distributing viruses is worrying to say the least, although the fact that the checkers are flagging up fake reports based on rather innocent equation working out script seems to indicate that the virus check I use is simply suspicious, I must admit I have never had an issue with big games of the specific developer then have not played them that much either
I do you have friends who have played, rather happily, these games so I very much doubt that there is a virus
The fact that survive the wild is more often than not being updated a lot would a little for a loophole in which you could distribute a virus quite easily
The fact is however the developer of these games is, unfortunately, rather young like myself, and therefore may be prone to putting in little pieces of code that are otherwise relevant to the software but rather interesting to the developer, my advice in any case is that if you simply do not want  code such as this on your system, simply uninstall the program thank you about it to your friends
Feelings such as this however is not the place for such a discussion and indeed if there is an issue I'm sure the moderation will find in due time
In the meantime however, I would recommend vigilance with any virus checkers and should something be flag simply act in the most logical sense and uninstall the program until the issue can be directly addressed I would advise caution
Hopefully this makes some sort of sense, although dictation argues with me quite a lot thanks very   Much for reading

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-06-17 15:42:23

@post 39 huge thumbs up

2017-06-17 18:57:27

No way to fix these faulse reports unless you cript the exe file its self, which I dout alot of people will accept it. due to the fact that it will be looking really like what a virus does.
an other way is to bring up the BGT source code, and edit it, but  as we know it is not open source, and no one can get it.
you could also report this program as a faulse detection to your antivirus company. alot of them have this feature. if you're lucky they will listen and fix it.
You can actually see in the web site that you used, if you go to  Behavioural information, the reason behind  the antivirus's detection, and it is just because of calling some dll files for speach and tts, and also some other small things wich are really nothing.
greetings.

2017-06-17 19:12:35

thanks for making me laugh again, p

why our comunity have ignorant people,
if you dont know something well, heh, dont comment about it, or you'Ll be scrude

2017-06-17 19:38:27

I bet money half the people on this post that claim sam games gave them a virus, has been band from one of his games, or a close friend of theres has been band, and this is there way of trying to lash out at him. haha you guys are really pathetic, comical and entertaining, but truly pathetic

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-06-18 11:15:26

Hi all. I understand your wanting for me to attempt to fix the problem here and make people more comfortable. However, something like false reports, as Hamada has already stated, are very hard to stop. I can report my games as false positives, however I know of no way to eliminate reports. Just as stw is not perfect, so nor are your anti virus programs. I can only control stw and redspot etc, and the scanners creators can alone modify there virus scanners. If there is anything you guys would like me to do to help you feel more comfortable with my games, please do let me know and I will see what I can do. However telling me to just fix the problem is not very easy as it is not my code that is causing it. I say this because I know, being the codes developer, that there is *NO viruses or evil code with in the program. Thus, any issues detected are no fault of mine, but are the fault of what ever virus scanner you decide to use. As I said I really don't know how else to help with this issue, but I am totally willing to listen to suggestions and ideas to help improve it.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-06-18 14:11:03

Thumbs up on post 45; better late than never.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-06-18 20:58:24

I highly doubt Sam would be distributing viruses. It just doesn't make sense.
Yes, BGT games flag virus detection, but does that mean that Sam's games contain trojans or viruses of any kind? I think not.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-06-19 10:13:20

So I have a question. I recently learnt which stages of compillation programmes go through from human language to machine language. For example, does the phrase voidmain pertain to the Angelscript or C++? I understand that these are chiefly constructed out of two programming languages. Angelscript for simplicity, C++ for the construction of the language, like how C was used to build Python. Nonetheless, when the programme is compiled, it becomes an assembly of code that is twice as many lines longer. After that, the assembly code is turned into binary code. my friend has Avast, but she doesn't want to uninstall it even though she has Windows 10.
Avast Antivirus: How can I unblock a program or website that Avast identified as a threat?
How to configure Avast to ignore programs and websites that you know are safe
You can configure Avast to ignore programs and websites that you know are safe by adding them to an exclusions list. Avast does not identify items in the exclusions list as threats. Therefore, you must be absolutely sure that the items you add to the exclusion list are safe because Avast will not scan them. You can remove items from the exclusions list later if you learn that the program is a threat.
To learn more about unblocking a program or website, please visit the sections below:
How does Avast protect your system?
What is a false positive?
How can you regain access to a safe program or website identified as a threat?
How does Avast protect your system?
The default steps taken by the Avast program to protect your system include:
Moving programs and files to the Virus Chest and blocking them from running on your system.
Blocking access to websites that threaten your system
What is a false positive?
The Components security shields and scans are proactive detection methods which provide the best protection possible. However, this can lead to a higher rate of false positive detections.
A false positive detection is when a scan wrongly marks a safe file or website as a threat. These threats include the following:
Malware: a program designed specifically to attack computer systems to steal data or use the system resources for malicious purposes.
PUPs: Potentially Unwanted Programs are programs stealthily downloaded alongside other programs. They appear to be safe computer programs, but they behave in unusual ways that trigger Avast Antivirus to protect your system.
How can you regain access to a safe program or website identified as a threat?
If you need to regain access to a program or website that you are sure is safe to use we recommend the following the articles:
I have also given thumbs up on post 45.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-06-21 17:56:12

@Green Gables Fan:
BGT scripts do not get compiled into assembly and then into machine code like a traditional program does.
What happens is that the scripts get compiled into what's called bite code, which is virtual machine code if you will, but only understood by Angel Script.
This stage insures that the script can't be decompiled back into source code form.
After this step, BGT encrypts the byte code, then takes an executable which is like a shell of the BGT engine and attaches the encrypted bite code to that.
So a BGT program is a static executable (which contains BGT, minus the compiler) with encrypted angel script byte code copied to the end of it.
So when you run it, BGT has to decrypt the byte code and have the Angel Script virtual machine interpret it.
So malware detection algorithms which analyze machine code to detect behaviour which is characteristic to malware can study BGT all they want, but they cannot determine what a specific game executable does without actually running it (unless someone took the time to find BGT's decryption keys, decrypted the byte code and studied it which seems unlikely given how few BGT programs exist in the real world). Now I'm by no means an expert in antimalware huristics, but I would suspect that an executable which has a block of data taped on to the end of it and decides how to behave based on the nature of the data would score higher on the tests and therefore be more likely to be flagged as potential malware.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-06-24 07:58:41

Interesting, none of Sam's games have ever been flagged as malware by my antivirus. I'm using kaspersky, which as far as I know is a good antivirus. Way back when I had norton I would regularly get false positives; even swamp was malware according to it.