2017-06-17 21:01:44

Hi i got the fatal error when I tried to install update.

Thumbs up

2017-06-17 21:42:46

Well I still get an error on exit, ie the program exits then windows wants to send an error to microsoft and who knows I think I posted it earlier.

Thumbs up

2017-06-17 21:45:00

the code is still actually
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    dmpa.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    581d7054
  Fault Module Name:    AUDIOSES.DLL
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.23471
  Fault Module Timestamp:    576020f6
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0000d725
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    5129
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

thats the entire thingy.

Thumbs up

2017-06-17 21:51:32

hmmm I am getting that error to on my 64 bit win7 system, its a fresh install.

Thumbs up

2017-06-17 21:57:19

Guys I have solved the issue  I think.
The sounds folder is missing.
the installer was 100 or so mb and its now 22 mb.

Thumbs up

2017-06-17 22:31:47

What? I thought It also, but why?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 01:35:45

Greetings all. Thanks to crashmaster notifying me I forgot the sounds, i've recompiled and reuploaded the update. I've also taken this opertunity to patch up a glitch that would cause the enemies dieing in multiplayer to crash the game. Get it from http://realitysoftware.noip.us/dmpasetup.exe

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 04:45:47

Tired of your ol mining freighters? The 2 starting ships are now replaced by a much more up to date design, the constellation aerospeed class shuttle. The ship comes built in with an autopilot, for manual pilotting their is now a new course plotter that tells you what headings to face for manual piloting their as manual pilot now relys on the engine power and heading systems. Enjoy.

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 05:47:24

nice update, danny.
I'm going to download this one up for sure. anyway, is the story mode finished yet? I still can't do anything after the trap part.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 06:05:42

after installing the update, I got an error after logging in to my character. here is the error that I got directly from the error log:
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 754, in run
  File "functions.py", line 531, in eventloop
  File "audio.pyx", line 406, in sfml.audio.Music.from_file (src/sfml\audio.cpp:5909)
IOError: Failed to open sound file "room3.ogg" (System error : The system cannot find the file specified.

)
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-9, stopped 5496)>>

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 06:11:38

Guys, for future reference, its importent you put sounds/ before you put in the room sound. Like for example, sounds/room1.ogg.

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 06:12:18

error for offline mode:
Exception in thread Thread-38:
  File "functions.py", line 2670, in move
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 1691, in state
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\__init__.py", line 1041, in value
  File "site-packages\libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg\libaudioverse\_lav.py", line 638, in node_set_int_property
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000000
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-38, stopped 1956)>>

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 09:29:59

Maybe it's just me but the sensors on the new shuttle seem a little strange. Landed on Earth....can't sense anything, I launch on Earth, nope, nothing, go to autopilot to test, nothing, go to sensor scan, nothing, go to lnd, a lotta ships suddnly show up... so not sure what's going on

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 09:47:35

I build a custom ship, when i enter on it i fund this error.Exception in thread Thread-1:Traceback (most recent call last):  File

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 10:07:29

More thoughts about the shuttle: I like it, I do think it's class...

1. I like it, it's a nice starter ship for 3K creds. That being said I do think it may be a little too good value for money at 3k with double the cargo capacity of the old Mercury class freighter, but whatever ya do, don't change it as it makes it interesting to fly the new ship types

2. With the 20 cargo space in the shuttle, is there now really a  need for the massive, hulking mining ship? As a comrpomise, I'd suggest the following:

1. Shuttle can only carry cargo, not materials.

Howw this'd work as another way of making money, you pick up cargo (yes, it's a sole thing) at one point, you wouldn't know what it was, you get told where to deliver it, a big ship, planet, station, etc and drop it off, you get paid for that, as another way to make credits.

I do think the mining ship has a purpose but maybe expand the range of things that can be mined, for instance let us skim the atmosphere of planets for various gases that we can then sell on as an alternative to mining, i mean, if you had to keep to a course while doing that, it also adds more to do and it's something the shuttle can't do

Lastly, few bugs with the new shuttle...

1. No sensors as stated.

2. Start asteroid ming is listed twice

Just my thoughts on the shuttel, I think it has a place, as does the mining ship, I just think that right now without any other activities the shuttle's sot of forced into a pinch hitting role, or it has to do a job it probably wasn't meant to do, hence my cargo hauling idea up there

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 12:21:44

Hi.
tried to land on earth and got a message that the game had had an horiffic error.
this is the log.
Exception in thread Thread-132:
  File

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 13:21:38

@516: Try again with the latest update and see if that helps. If it's going on with the latest update then I'm not entirely sure what's causing it

Now, to address the 'shuttles are utter shit' comments on the chat I've seen and constantly asking for fighters.

1... The shuttles are a starting craft that can do a bit of everything. Yes, the sensor problem of having no contacts it there but I am 99.9% confident Danny will fix it. It's not a fighter. It's not a combat ship. It's a starter shuttle.

2. On the subject of fighters, I have been told repeatedly in messages and chats that weapons will not work in the Sol system for fighters, so all those people who are getting excited to go on a PvP killing spree won't be able to do it in Sol.

LKL stated if it was up to him he'd have PVP on from the start and that the rifle should hurt players. No, this is an awful idea because it enables certain people with malicious intent to just keep killing new characters as they spawn over and over and over. The Sol system will not, according to Danny, have weapons enabled and it will be locked down fully.

Other systems however are fair game

3. The fighters are nothing special. They are the entry level military ship in a ship tree. I know this for a fact. Wink, wink. The various factions will however, once it's done, have their own fighters and ships. You can count on that...

Also the whining that stuff is broken, guys, this is a public beta, things are not fully devveloped yet and Danny has the order in which he does stuff in. Let him do his thin and he'll make a great game. I've been involved in game making on a AAA scale as iI have said before and I can understand the way Danny's working away at this. It takes time to make a game, you cannot just snap your fingers and have everything in place, you need to sit down, code, test, find bugs, bu fix, test the fixes for more bugs and so on until the code is of a good enough quality to put it on the server.

Lastly. People, please, don't be ungreatful for what we have, Danny's working on this game to make it better but there's a vocal minority demanding and screaming for new features. I do know a little of what's planned, and I'm not gonna spoil too much, in fact, I won't spoil anything....but the constant questions of 'can we buy fighters' is starting to get a bit old. ighters and other content will be in when it's done and ready to be played with. Lastly, if oyu see a new ship class on the server, don't all flock to it and try to get aboard it. Certain people got their characters stuck doing that, and let it be a lesson to you guys, don't go playing around with stuff that's not out yet on the server for everyone to play with...

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 16:03:29

hi
when I m connect to game
I have message
downloading map
I m wait wait but nothing

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 16:16:10

hi danny. i have a problem. i get an error, but it doesn't log it. would you please help me to fix that? cause it looks like i'm the only one who has this problem.

Thumbs up

2017-06-18 19:14:28

hi again
ok, i solved the problem. i had to run it as administrator in order to work properly. here is the error.log information
Exception in thread Thread-4:
  File "functions.py", line 2983, in checkmuffle
IndexError: list index out of range
Exception in thread Thread-10:
  File "functions.py", line 2983, in checkmuffle
IndexError: list index out of range
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-2, stopped 12196)>><bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-10, stopped 200)>>

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 00:32:18

any tips on how to get past the electric trap.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 02:22:17

I'm still trying to figure out how to get past all the dark matter stuff. I think I'm supposed to find something in one room and go to another room to unlock another door? Because there is a door that is  locked, and I can't seem to go any farther. But apparently you have to be very careful in these rooms because you die very easily.

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 08:03:18

flame_elchemist wrote:

any tips on how to get past the electric trap.

It has previously been mentioned that the game ends with the electric trap.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-19 09:33:36

Hi. When i bought new ship and tried to enter it i have this error:
Exception in thread Thread-1:
  File

Thumbs up

2017-06-19 09:45:14

Hi guys, my apoligies if you see me breaking things on the server. I'm implementing fusion jumps, randomly generated starsystems for players, and space combat at last.

Thumbs up