2017-06-10 16:44:07

I'm just wondering, is there a way to have this happen? Currently, it seems like unless I'm missing a setting if you receive a new PM there's no way to actually know unless you just so happen to click on the link and manually check your inbox.
Thanks.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-06-10 18:22:52

Unfortunately, a notification system hasn't been implemented. It is desperately needed. Not many remember to manually check their private messages, so responding to someone takes forever.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

2017-06-11 05:16:11

Agreed what have been said here.

2017-06-11 06:02:22

Yep. Email, alt-tags, alerts, popups, a line somewhere that tells you how many unread messages you have... any of these would do. Although, I wonder if the occasional disabling of the PM system indicates that making these sorts of changes would be less straightforward than we'd think.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-06-11 10:55:36

But it could be hard isn't it?

2017-06-11 11:35:50

Yes, it's annoying. In the end, I implemented a script on my VPS to scrape my PM page periodically and send me email when there are messages. Obviously not the easiest or most accessible solution, but that's all you can really do at the moment. Maybe other solutions along those lines exist. I remember hearing about a browser solution, but forget the name.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-06-11 11:45:15

I have been through everything in the board's administration settings several times and there is absolutely nothing about private message notifications.

It's actually rather confusing, since the forum over at project.aon also use PunBb yet they do! have private message notifications, but presumably something custom coded.

Unfortunately failing Richard or Sander installing another extention we don't know about currently or custom coding something from scratch there really isn't a lot we can do.

it really is rather bizarre.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-31 16:28:38

There used to be an extension that displayed an announcement when you had unread pm's. Unfortunately, it seems to not be around anymore, and besides it was never updated to any 1.4 version of pun-bb.

2017-08-01 10:36:40 (edited by florianionascu7 2017-08-01 10:38:12)

Hi, I think that it's a great idea. Maybe it'll be implemented.

If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail me at [email protected].
We can also get in touch on Telegram.