2017-06-02 07:32:03

@razvitasca: Thanks for your comments and explanations. I'm sorry, but it don't help. Nothing is happening when using the phone. The green balls doesn't decrease.
For the microphone puzzle: Silence is your friend. However, this puzzle seems to be broken. I tried more than 30 times to unlock the first light in the puzzle, and I can't figure out the other lights.
@Bogdan: It sounds like you don't get the idea behind this game. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-02 12:00:44

I don't get that thing with the puzzle too. the green balls want to represent the battery, but it seems It doesn't work
did you do the one with the circle and th rays?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-06-02 12:12:23

Puzzle seven is talking about a frame, think of something that you put in a frame. And think of something that you can do on your phone.
I've solved two lights on the green balls and yes it is related to battery power. But I can't do the third one, I'm wondering if I have to let my phone run down.
Don't know what I'm supposed to do with the Sun picture   Or the moon one.  I think I've solved 19 so far.

2017-06-03 01:00:02

feedback would make the game pointless, the entire goal is that you figure out what one obscure picture or soundscape is telling you to do, to think outside the box. if you have a knife to cut through the box and a person telling you where to cut, you don't have to think. Twenty one challenges solved so far, though i've used hints more than i should have. But I did, before I understood what the game was trying, have a cited person look, and they saw only what the description was telling us, so it is an equal playing field. Good luck to all who play!

2017-06-03 03:11:57

Hi Ryan. would you be willing to add me to Skype? My wife is having an issue with the game that I don't understand. Maybe she could explain it to you. If so, my Skype contact is
[email protected]
Thanks again, and hope to hear from you soon.

2017-06-03 08:07:03

yay got 25 so far big_smile

2017-06-03 16:05:26

I'm not trying to give anything away. But, I'm stuck on one of the lights with the hint, "Shhh".

2017-06-03 18:33:03

yep, you have to shhhhh , or, ur... close something big_smile

2017-06-03 23:35:53

Spoiler,
In English Shhh means be quiet.
Or turn off something that detects sounds.

2017-06-04 05:17:53 (edited by grryfindore 2017-06-04 05:18:59)

Oh my god,

I haven't actually checked this game out but I have read the play descriptions of others and that's what came out. lol
At first I thought it was one of those tile games or the like,good to know its not and something entirely different and unique.I'll go and download it now.

Thanks to the developer for considering accessibility and adding it in his/her game!
I'm sure I'm gonna have loads of fun with a game like this.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-06-06 13:20:10

In this podcast,
Thomas Domville
demonstrates
BlackBox,
a game filled with many unique puzzles.
https://www.applevis.com/sites/default/ … st1065.mp3

2017-06-08 06:01:39

OK, so when I saw that this game had won the Apple WWDC Design awards (congratulations!), and read that it did so because, among other things, it had accessibility, I decided that I must check it out, and I'm very glad I did. It's really quite wonderful, and  mind-blowing besides. I'm surprised, in fact, that it's even possible, or that Apple would award such a thing. But anyway, it's earned a place on my "preferred" list, so again, congratulations.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-06-08 07:46:02

Hi.
I like the new update. The visual descriptions makes more sense now.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-08 09:30:07

@@Warpling, thanks a lot for the new update vo is behaving itself fine now.
I can't say much about the game since just  I had completed the tutorial I ran out of batteries while  trying the challenge number 6 about the sun big_smile.

Still I'll be looking forward to giving this one a go, it sounds quite fascinating.
I also like the different colours for the lights, since it's nice for me to have something I can use my remaining vision on.
Once I've had more of a play of the game I'll also see about putting together an entry for our game database (we would have done this anyway, but it is easier if I can actually play the game) big_smile, though the clues about the visual images for the challenges are appreciated.

Edit: Okay, I've played a little more and am wondering about some of these challenges.

Firstly, whether you need to keep blackbox open or not.

Beware! spoilage ahond for type 6 challenges! read on no further if you don'twant challenge six spoiled.

For example,I tried the type 6 challenge, (the one with the sun). I have tried looking at the local weather, opening the clock, and drawing a circle on the screen even though it said not to touch the screen.
when I used the hint card the first light indicated it is something to do with brightness so I went to settings and altered the brightness, also turned off the screen curtain, still nothing. The only other thing that occurs to me is waiting until sunset and sunrise.

Edit the second: Okay, bug report for type six challenge.
Once I used siri to change the brightness I got the bulbs to work, but not when I did it in settings.end spoilers for challenge type 6.

this is rather similar to a problem I had with type 8 challenge!

Beware! spoilage ahoy for challenge type 8Read no more lest you want type 8 challenge spoiled!

Once I clicked it was all to do with the volume switch I first turned it all the way down, then up again, however this unlocked only a couple of lights. I tried holding the home button and volume  that unlocked a light (though it also turned vo's voice off which was weerd).
The odd light however was the light 1 of 4 since even though I had previously  turned the volume down and up again it didn't unlock.
I eventually got the hint, and tried that again, still no dice.

Given the hint I decided to turn the volume down and then phone my iPhone, so I opened black box, turned the volume down and bing! unlock ahoy!

methinks there might be a little bug there! big_smile.

Okay, end spoilage for type 8 challenge!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-08 16:22:52

can't figure out hte headphones one i turned on one ofthe lights  with out even knowing how i did it now i have  the circle withthe top center pulsinglol no clue. how to proceed but i do love the game though i take many breaks caue i get pised at it easily lol but it also makes me laugh when i get mad so it's all good.

2017-06-08 16:35:23

a small hint to michael; if you listen to the podcast that was referred to in this foread near the end will solve your puzzle about the top centre of device and pulsing. what is situated on the front of your phone above the screen, in the middle?

2017-06-08 16:53:15

I'm afraid I didn't get the circle thing either until I bought the hint.

earphone challenge (number 3 I think), I have unlocked two of the lights but not the third, I am not sure though sometimes whether I have done the right things.

Beware! spoilage for challenge 3 (the earphone one, I believe it is challenge 3).

I unlocked one light by plugging in my earbuds. I seemed to unlock  another light by holding the home button and humming into the speaker. The third light I am not sure about. The hint says something about being loud, and I've tried yelling into the speaker, also pounding the table near my phone but no go on that one it seems, then again I am not stumped yet, just reporting my progress.

Btw, this game is fun! it is tempting to go and look at lots of the challenges, but I prefer to try them sequentially and see what I can do.

I did finish all of the balls challenges (I believe type 4), which was cooll big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-08 23:45:07

I am so very confused by the puzzle with twelve wedges. Their are others as well but that's the most vexing one! Anyone have any hints without spoiling? I have unlocked hints for both lights. its also odd that i can see only one light out of the two, and sometimes its light one, and sometimes light two. is this intentional? Knowing BlackBox, I'm guessing it probably is, but I thought to be safe I'd ask

2017-06-09 16:42:22

Hi Music Fairy, you know me but not by this name hahahah, think of zello hhaha.  Anyway hopes this helps, but think of the number twelve and what things might refer to twelve, e-mail me offlist if you want more direct help

2017-06-09 17:50:51

Hey, nice game !

I have an iPhone5 and it works.

ON the first challenge with the sun, I was about to uninstall the app when I suddenly got the illumination. The next ones are much easier once you understand what you mean by thinking out of the box.

A few suggestions and bugs:

1. I think you should give an option to reset a completed challenge
a. because sometimes, lights went on without really understanding why, and I whould like to really understand
b. because I might want to show the game to someone else
c. because probably that in 6 months I will have forgotten and will be happy to try again

2. I think you should make it clearer about what you have called level blockers
Which ones have been already activated and which not; perhaps you should directly remove those that have been activated.

3. Level numbering logic
I don't understand: it seems that new levels appear progressively as I solve earlier ones, but not in order.
For example it seems that I don't have #9 currently; as well as #12 to #15. But I have #28 and #41.
Is that another enigma ?

4. Bugs
Challenge #4 with green/red balls make the phone lag a lot. I don't know if it's because I have an iPhone 5 but when I'm in this level, VO is extremely unresponsive.

My progress so far
1: 6/6
2. 2/3
3. 1/1
4. 3/3
5. 1/2
6. 2/2
7. 0/1
8. 4/4
10. 0/1
11. 0/2
16. 0/1
28. 0/1
41. 0/1

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2017-06-10 04:22:12

I love how even though we're getting hints, no one is outright giving the answers.  That's how I've been playing with others as well. I believe I've got 22 challenges unlocked.

2017-06-10 16:08:55

Hi guys, I will try to help as much as I can.  I have solved 33 challenges.  I won't give direct solutions on this list, if you are really really stuck you can e-mail me, but when I am responding to a post that is asking for more help, pay close attention to some of my wording, they might help you some how. Take care and keep on puzzling!