2017-06-10 11:01:29

Hmmm this is very odd since it seems the current release of the story file doesn't have the show freecreds option, but the one I archived previously does.
so

Release 57 cerial 170525 is the one that does,

While the one I just downloaded, relese 57 cerial number 107608, does not.

I can't speak for status bar issues  interfering with screen readers, as I havent' played the current release extensively enough yet, though graded stats commands might be a nice thing to have simply to avoid the need to listen toi all your character stats when you just want to check eg how many freecretds you have or how insane all the naughtiness is making you big_smile.

Likewise, perhaps simply a toggle to turn the status bar off might be helpful to blind players or people who just want to use thee stats command instead.

As far as the installer goesI don't really get what actually happened there, since theoretically as I believe the  installer installs a pre configured version of Winglulx, it should not be a problem, but though I tried it with two different screen reading programs I couldnt'  get anything out of it at all.

this is why it was easier to just install Winglulx myself, download the story file and rename the extention from html to blorb.

Btw, not to do with access, but simply because there are so many quests in the game, it would be nice if there was a command to keep track of things when you get given a quest so you remember what your doing, especially since it seems a lot of the quests need the nanite collector and getting that collector is a bit of a pain since it's so expensive, so presumably is something you can only do much later on.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-10 15:24:42

Hi,
Checking the github page, there have been people making a lot of updates recently, and some of them got merged with the master branch. While I am uncertain which one, it looks like one of the people making updates might have accidentally removed the freecreds from the stats command. I still, however, propose an extension of the command to let you show specific stats, or even just being able to type commands at the > prompt, like:
>hunger
Your hunger: 1/100
>freecreds
Your freecreds: 10.
>exp, or >xp
your experience: 10/20
etc.

2017-11-16 11:17:58

Okay, when I was playing the wastes, I decided to try flexible survival.
The game seems to have been tweaked a bit since I last tried (or at least the story file version has), since combat seems a bit easier, and I ran into more weapons, also the game is a bit more straight forward with what is happening to your stats.

I also have seen the problem Aaron  with the information weirdly displayed, and it seems to be due to  graphics option, but just disabling these fixed it.

The only bad news is the option to display stat info still hasn't been added, and the only  to  how many freecreds you have or what the time is is to try and read the status bar, which  still something of a pest, so I'd love to see the status commands back, though I have found a relatively okay work around with nvda, simply go into glulks optionsand disable the status bar, this will then have the status info at the top of the window instead. It still means leaving your places and going to read it, but at least you don't have to mess about with reading other bits of the window.

On another note, I also wish there was a way to view what current quests you were on or who had given you what tasks, since with so many locations and npcs it's a little hard to remember who asked for what, indeed I confess I've had to use the wiki a little more than I really would've liked to get the info on some quests.
Actually I'm surprised the game doesn't have a quest tracker or achievements system or similar, since working towards goals in the game would be rather good.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-16 18:04:37

A bit off topic, but I'd also love to see this explore/encounter style event system in other types of games, perhaps some of them not as adult, because I love the rpg mechanics. Although saying that I don't mind the adult content either, I just find it a bit of a laugh, but I'd love to see this in a fantasy rpg, or even one with multiple time periods!

2017-11-16 18:33:37

It's odd, I've mostly seen this sort of random encounters and search system in online games like warriors 2 or Kingdom of loathing, Flexible survival is the only one I've seen I think that actually includes it in a single player game.

I will admit the game does take a while to progress in, and you need to check out how weapons work and remember to heal and rest often, but when you get started it's fun to explore, indeed I sort of like the blind mode for that reason, though it does make tracking down quest targets a bit difficult.
Actually I still! really wish the game had a quest tracker since it's not easy to remember which npc has asked you to do what, and short of going and speaking to them again there isn't really another way of checking what tasks you have at any given time, which makes using the wiki a bit more necessary than it ought to be.

2017-12-05 22:59:52

Okay, the game as of the most recent version now has a view status command which does exactly what it says, prints the info from the status bar including hunger, thirst, time and number of freecreds so you can have a look.

I've just finished a playthrough and I must admit, if you can get used to the doginess, there is a really good game here with  of  quests and npcs to find, and a surprisingly huge amount of interactive content, albeit I do have to rely on the wiki in places to try and find stuff.

To avoid issues with the windows git installer, I recommend using option 16 to disable screen clearing,  as well as disabling graphics and hyperlinks, though if your playing in the browser version hyperlinks can be helpful.

Text isn't auto spoken with Windows git in the installer, but then again this  doesn't seem to work too well with wingluglks either, and so long as you disable the   screen clearing and graphics things work fine.

As to getting on in the game, choosing dexterity as your main stat and martial artest as your feet gives  a good edge in combat, it's also good to look for a pet asap since they can really help.
I'd recommend going to trevor labs at the start and beginning on Dr. Matt's quest, since this will also give you access  to additional  feets every three levels, including more powerful ones such as blackbelt and natural armourments which go great with martial artest, and spirited  youth which lets your children attack in combat.