Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0000d725
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    5129
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Not sure if any of this is usefull to you or not.
I have been working with the game but not got that far, I can find doors but lifts do not appear in inventory and even if I get close to what I think is a console I can't seem to interact with it the new 3d system takes a bit to get used to.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 13:50:55

been trying to track down the crashes which is why I vanished.447

Sems mostly to be a .py file issue, the las one I got (which locked the process up btw, I couldn't alt F4 out of it) was about an object and no type or something similar, when it crashes, it crashes hard in Linux honestly, and it isn't, for me at least, easy to kill, end process in Process Monitor does nothing, alt F4 doesn't work and pkill and killall do nothing, and even xkill and clicking the window does nothing as well.

Alo, I've noticed that the speech-dispatcher tends to hang on certain things in the game or read things over and over and over and over and over with no way to shut it off. That's fixable, right?

That beding said when I can actually play I'm having a blast, too busy exploring nd figuring out what's out there to do any mining yet, and I've seen people complaining and I just want to say this:

If a game is too easy, people get bored, and people not knowing where to go in MJP?

From your initial start to get to the shipyard, head to the northeast, then follow the doors to the shipyard, it takes a bit of exploring. I personally like you have the V menu but it does not give you coordinates, it encourages you to explore.

Also, for people who can't get the hang of manual piloting......take it nice and slow, go slowly until you get the hang of it. I clicked with it instantly but then again, flight sim fan here so I grasped the 3D aspects at once and could orient myself on the X Y and Z axises easily. And for people complaining about ship speeds....well....get a faster ship

@Danny: IMO keep the autopilot out of the starting ship or make it a module that costs the remainder of the starting money

e.g. bump the starting creds to 5500, ship costs 5k and AP costs 500 and is buyable from the same terminal, and it's entirely optional. I know for instance that 500cr can be put to other things, and I personally can manually fly but I get other people can't, butcoming off as a

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 14:30:44

Hi.
I would love to see the deathmatch mode. But that's not a high priority in my opinion.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-09 16:05:52

Hi.
Here is some more feedback.
The game seems to be great. Really great. I managed to buy my first ship, had some difficulty by navigating inside the ship, but managed to find the console. Then, the fun stuff quickly stopped for me.
I find flying the ship impossible for me. I suck at remembering numbers, coordinates etc. When scanning using the numbers, I wasn't able to just focus on the destination I wanted to fly to. Instead, I got a ton of information about 10 other destinations my scanner picked up. I got their angle, directions, how far they are away, and I really don't care... I only care about the destination I wanna fly to and not everything else, which my scanner picks up. Yes, I tried pressing number 1 up to 9, but the same happened.
I flew very slowly forward, and then the information which my scanner picked up naturally changed. In other words: I find it impossible to keep track of the destination I want because of this.
So, my issue is: All those unwanted information is way too much overwhelming for me, and I don't find any way of knowing where I am or where my destination is. The way the navigation currently works is not for me which is very sad, because I think the game is really cool.
So, how could the navigation be improved, at leased for me? That's simple: It would be great if you could press enter from the V menu to lock onto a destination, and then press an other key to get told how far away you are from your destination, your direction and angle. In this way, you only get the information you want instead of all this overwhelming stuff which is, for me, very confusing.
So, I really hope this feedback will be taken as positive feedback, because I'm sure that I'm not the only one who are having this issue. I hope something can be done about this.
I'll stay away from the game until this has been improved, but I'll of course follow this topic to see how the project goes.
If I in any ways have misunderstood how the scanning works or how the navigation works, then I'm really sorry, and would love to be corrected.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-06-09 16:38:52

@SLJ

C to check your current coordinates.  I use the [ and ] keys and keeep the info in the buffer and shift [ and] to jump up and down lines quickly, and if I hit say 1 or whatever, I hit shift ] to jump to the end of the chat to avoid hearing all the stuff that's around me.

One trick I do is hit V and scan an object, then go up and down the chat with the [ and] keys and hear the course, hit F and go that course, then do V again and check after a few moments if the course to intercept has changed, and adjust my ship's heading according to that.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 17:45:27

for us who really need help, autopilot on the first ship would be good

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 19:28:45

wow I have really-really hard time to login big_smile
sometimes, after I hit multyplayer, the game just says connected and no menu showed up, and another time there's no username promp, the game just stays there, or there is no password promp.
does someone got this problem? , or maybe this is just my damn connection big_smile

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 19:44:37

This game is currently off-line I think.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 19:52:40 (edited by JaceK 2017-06-09 19:58:26)

Nope Giovani, check the last page for the latest version.

I managed to render my bit of the station unusable.

Bought my ship, jumped in, jumped out, now when I go to bring up the menu, it crashes with a speechdispatcher.py error for me and an SSIP error.

Well, I'm finding bugs, ain't I? It's what I'm here for, that and aruing against dumbing the game down for the casuals (/sarcasm)

EDIT: And now just like that it fixed itself, I need cool ship name ideas...also when you delete a character or a character dies, do they delete the ships too?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 20:46:13

Sorry guise, But since I checked out this game it was down, How do you play it ATM?
If there is any links, Could you please provide here,
thanks.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-06-09 20:51:57

check on page 13.

Sorry for my english

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 21:15:08 (edited by JaceK 2017-06-09 21:17:43)

EDIT: I think I royally ballsed this up with the ship designer, now I got a ship I can't do anything with that's just sitting there looking all miserable. Mrh.

Also, shipyard's not the easiest place to get to, but I like how you aren't given a straight line to it and you have to explore a little....that being said, I need to keep stopping my ship before I jump off the server, it's stupidly addicting this game...

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 22:28:43

ok, now i've tried this game and i must really say. there are's something that just needs to be said about the navigation system. is the meaning of it that we should walk slowly slowly and bump our heads in to the walls all the time to find the way further somewhere? huh? if not, then this system needs raydars or something like in mannamon otherwise at least i will stopp playing because of this thing that's so anoying. and we also need a run mode like in bk3 so you don't need to hold schift all the time to run. also. the running speed needs to be increased. the running speed that's being used right now should be speed for normal walking and the speed for the running should go faster, right now even a baby can walk faster than running in this game lol. other than that it's a good consept although the lag makes it quite umm, anoying to play lol but that's something that every game iwll have

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 00:18:22

I have no problem with ground navigation somehow, its easy to understand + once you learn the layout you will be like walking at home... big_smile , manual pilot is still confusing to me

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 02:00:48

Greetings all. For those who are having that much difficulty with out the autopilot. I have not added it onto the older starting ship. I have however, added a new ship class to the game that has autopilot, and before you slam your fists down, its cheaper than the freighter, in fact 100 credits is its price. So why is it cheaper you ask. Because it has far fewer cargo space than the older freighter does, and its tractor beam's range is smaller. To compansate for this however, you get more speed and better acceleration. And, here's what's coming in the next update, so far. Doors now actually turn off if your not in the same room as them, that is, the sound goes away. Objects will be muffled now if its behind a closed door. C now checks your credits, while z will check how much ammo you have in your weapon.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 03:22:09

For those who might have encountered this bug, i've made 2 new changes. First off, if you have a crash and it happens 3 times with in a second, you should no longer be spammed out and thus cause server lag to everyone else. Second off, i've reritten my restarting the logging in portion of the code, splitting it into 2 seporit process's. Their's now a second app I have that'll send an event to the server that the login code is ment to receive. If it doesn't receive it with in 5 seconds, it'll send the signal back to the server to restart the login loop. Hopefully, that'll be the end of our not being able to connect thing, at least when the server is actually up but you still can't connect. Oh yes, and before I forget. I fixt up the glitch that wouldn't notify you all that a server reboot was incoming.

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 04:44:04 (edited by Rio_unesa 2017-06-10 04:53:29)

My client has crash after I login and interact with captain consul.. should i download again?

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    dmpa.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    581d7054
  Fault Module Name:    libaudioverse.dll
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    59267ea0
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00028377
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1057
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

2017-06-10 05:10:17

so. A other thinc i tinc its good is track the location and use a beep navigator for the manual pilot. if you  decide to go in some asteroid, you can track hem and use a beep navigator to guide you to hem.

Sorry for my english

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 06:50:03

That's what I was thinking. I didn't put in targetting beeps for every single object since not only would it be overwelming but it'd also cause even more stress on the server. Speaking of which, my connection/log on loop code should be working now. * has to note to self that when receiving an error it won't bring down the hole thing, that's how these errors are getting past me. Either way, that all should be working now.

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 07:55:34

there's kind of a problem, since i don't have 100 credits...

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 08:24:15

hello danny could you please make the object locator detect things other than doors? By that I mean cargo lifts, the battery etc etc.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 09:44:06

Hi.
@DracoSelene89: Thanks for your reply regarding the manual piloting. That's something to keep in mine for sure.
@Danny; Thanks a ton for adding a ship with auto navigation. I think it's very important to have both systems, so you can learn the manual navigation when you feel ready to do so.
Someone mentioned some problems with navigation when walking. Here is an idea: It would be so great to have a scanning system where you press shift and the arrow keys to hear what's around you. For example: Wall in 20 meters, or feed. Some of the wholes in the walls can be a bit tricky to find for some people.
Keep up the fantastic development dude, and I don't hope my previous feedback was too harsh.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-06-10 12:06:53

hello, I tried to enter a ship in online mode, and the game first started playing the different map sound, then it lagged up and after that locked up completely forcing me to end process.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 12:20:52

I'm aware of that bug, i've been getting it constantly on my end too, the weerd thing is i'm not getting an error when it happens. Anyways, for those who have gotten totally baffled and annoyed when starting, i've made it so you start on earth now. Not only is the area much bigger and not full of reverb, but their's also a shipyard located right in the center of the launch pad for you to buy your ships from.

Thumbs up

2017-06-10 12:27:04

I can not use Windows 7. I use windows xp. The game on windows xp does not work. Correct this please.
And is it possible to rotate in a manual pilot by 45 or 90 degrees?
And whether it is possible to cast only in height?

Thumbs up