2017-06-04 15:48:18 (edited by sito 2017-06-04 15:50:27)

yo guys, so now i'm having a problem with swamp, i'm using an win 10 dell laptop and a tech net mous which i bought today,. my problem is that whenever i log on to swamp and start mooving my mous derektion changes automatically when i stop move the mous, also the game kalkulates everything wrong if i move my mous to the left it takes me east instead  of west. i've tried turning off mous sencitivity and that crap both on my pc and swamp and it didn't help, touchpad is off too. also, sometiems when i log on to the game it puts me to another window and when i tab to swmap again and the char selection menu comes up, i select my char and instead of saying connecting to master server it says, server/client and then i get logged in and the game starts changing derektion before i even moved my mous. anyone know how to fix this thing? i've tried running swamp in full screan but that didn't help eather. i really wanna get back to the game so any help would be nice even if you're not sure if it'll work.

2017-06-04 16:49:30

lolz, wireless mouse? batteries in backward, that was a joke... I got no fraggin' clue, I don't really play swamp anymore, but when I did, it worked fine. I can tell you a way to find out if its the mouse or not though, if you use NVDA go into mouse settings and turn on the following option:  "Play audio coordinates when mouse moves". When you do, you will hear a series of tones, as you move the mouse left and right, the tones will pan in the direction you moved the mouse. As you move up and down, the tones will ascend and descend in pitch. This of course, means you must make sure you know how to put your headphones on correctly, tongue. But if you're sure they are on the right way, and you move the mouse left and the sound pans to the right, its the mouse acting stupid. I don't really know what to tell you to do about it except to reinstall the batteries if it's wireless, and unplug and replug the dongle into USB. Or just unplug and replug into USB if it's a corded mouse. Install the drivers for it, you most likely didn't get a CD, actually windows should do this automatically, and aside from that, its a simple HID device, it really shouldn't require device drivers just to work correctly. I'm really just grasping at straws though because I've never seen something like this. If you do this test and the mouse works correctly, and then you go into the game and its all backward again, the only thing I can tell you is to report it to Aprone.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-06-04 18:42:31

I'm having a similar issue. I'm using a Win10 HP Envie with one of those new stupid touchpad mouse things where it's just one big square. Hate those, BTW. Even when I plug in a USB wired mouse, I get the same direction jumping. I've set sensitivity to low and everything. I also have an issue where Swamp seems to stop playing sounds until I touch the mouse or move, then it starts up again. If I'm just standing, I stop hearing footsteps, zombies, loot, and all. Not sure if It's a Windows 10 or a sound driver issue.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2017-06-04 19:28:20 (edited by sito 2017-06-04 19:30:11)

i tried it, and the mous is mooving left but on the game it moves to the right. the mous works as it should outcide the game with no issues at all, even in stw where it's having mous turning it doesn't do this, so only in swamp. and i'm not sure how to get aprone to read it since he's busy with god knows what lol. thing is i just feel as if i wasted a month of my account for nothing lol. anyways, so that can't be the mous then then it must be the game that doesn't like something in win 10. my laptop is win10 dell latitude. i mean that derektion goes to west when i move the mous to the left in the game. but the sound of NVDA moves it to the left

2017-06-04 20:07:29 (edited by Amine 2017-06-04 20:08:39)

OS has nothing to do with it, i have a dell inspiron 5558 with windows 10 Creators update and it all works just fine.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-06-04 22:43:49

yeah, i've got the issue fixed. just turn down the screan resulution to 1024 or something similar to that and it should all be fixed, also. you might need to mess around with the sencitivity abit

2017-06-06 16:22:22

Ahoy there,

Looks like this issue is to do with the window/screen size or resolution,specially on portable pcs,that is laptops.

Never had this issue before (before I got  this mac I mean) on any other laptops besides my macbook pro.
Running windows10 64bit natively through bootcamp and experiencing this issue as well.
Start the game in custom mode, default location and just press w,and you'll see that your char turns/ revolves without you doing a thing,and that too, randomly.

I'd like to know if others are experiencing this issue or have,and if yes how did you exactly fix it?
I've never had to fiddle around with screen resolutions and the like sinse I don't even touch that part of my settings,considering I have no use for it.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-06-06 21:47:17

yo, it's easy, just go to the desktop, press ctrl+space, right klick, go to the display settings and change your resulution to something like 1024 or abit higher, you will need to try them and see which one you need to get to in order for this thing to stop but don't get higher than what's recommended

2017-06-07 07:38:19 (edited by grryfindore 2017-06-07 07:40:04)

Hello there sito and others having issues with swamp

The issue that we all seem to be experiencing is related to the scaleing DPI's specificly the displays laptops and the like come with nowadays

To fix the issue,the changing of screen resolution is not necessary.
Here's what you need to do.
right click on the swamp.exe icon. propertys,compatibility tab.
in the compatibility tab, check the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings box,save the changes by clicking ok,and your issue should be fixed.
hth
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-06-08 21:44:15 (edited by sito 2017-06-08 21:44:29)

yeah, that fixed the problem nicely