2017-06-08 18:16:14

@325: This is a silly question but after you hit enter, try WSAD and that ought to move you around, the arrow keys turn you in increments, alt+arrows snaps you 90 degrees

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2017-06-08 18:23:55

the server is down, and it was super laggy before that, it made manual pilot basically unusable

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-06-08 18:28:01

FWIW Danny was off testing stuff earlier, last I heard. Yes, MP may be laggy but SP i s not laggy.
IMO there needs to be an auto restart server function made rock slid to get it to automatically reset the server.

Also am I the only on sensing the potential of manual piloting for blowing things up? I mean, I'd rather manually pilot  a ship and use the guns than autopilot and use guns, ya know?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-08 19:07:47

what am I supposed to do in offline mode after I start tractoring the whatever this is? I can't move it around with wsad or the arrows. Is that part not finished yet?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2017-06-08 19:23:51

Been thinkering with Ubuntu and DMPA a little ore, and this is what I get

scott@scott-Vostro-3559:~$ cd dmpa
scott@scott-Vostro-3559:~/dmpa$ ./dmpa
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dmpa.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 389, in load_module
  File "functions.py", line 57, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 389, in load_module
  File "libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg/libaudioverse/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg/libaudioverse/_lav.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg/libaudioverse/_libaudioverse.py", line 250, in <module>
AttributeError: ./dmpa: undefined symbol: Lav_initialize
Failed to execute script dmpa
f^[[C

Ignore the fc, that was my attempt to get the file menu up and copy, without realizing I didn't have the menu open.

Alright, tech savvy folks. What am I missing? I've been through the install instructions several times. I've verified both libaudioverse and speech-dispather are installed, but you seen the above when I did ./dmpa

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-08 22:47:43

@post 329 Hold down aero. Your supposed to pull the lever down, you'll need to hold it down until it tractors into place. Remember movement is dependant on your tractor beam speed. And server is back up, i'll see what I can do about an auto restart.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-06-08 23:45:40

Greetings all. To those who have had trouble logging in with their account because they've found that it freezes after the password prompt, that bug should be fixt now. And, note to self. When dealing with cpu usage, make sure that their's not a check in place that's constantly eating up the cpu, I didn't notice it last night which is what caused the cpu to shoot sky high and caused the server to lag. It all should be fixt now, though you may notice your ship not moving super fast as a result.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 00:26:23

Oh, @draco, I believe I figured out your linux problem. In the install guide I put git clone git://github.com/camlorn/libaudioverse, when it should actually be git clone --recursive git://github.com/camlorn/libaudioverse Just delete your old directory, like from terminal rm -rf libaudioverse and reclone it, inside their make a build directory after cloning and cding into the directory like so, mkdir build and then try cmake ..

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 01:27:49

OK, so I just ran the game on a fresh install of ubuntu, so I know now what exactly needs to be done. Just build libaudioverse, its safe to skip over the step with python-speechd and speech-dispatcher as it apparently works with out it.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 01:31:59

lol seriously, is it just me who really stupid and can't figure out the manual pilot? , I have a hard time for moveing my ship to the asteroid, like, the asteroid is on my northeast around   5000 distent , but when I turned to  the north east, the asteroid changes dirrection to south southeast , (and its the same asteroid, too), and it seams there is something wrong with the scan menu, it won't show up big_smile

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 01:39:25

Done that Danny, no change in the terminal output and still failed to exec script for me here, this is what I get
  File "libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg/libaudioverse/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg/libaudioverse/_lav.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "libaudioverse-development-py2.7.egg/libaudioverse/_libaudioverse.py", line 250, in <module>
^[[5~^[[5~^[[5~^[[1~^[[1~^C
scott@scott-Vostro-3559:~/dmpa$

Compiled libaudioverse with make -i else it simply stops with  make error 2 and hrtf errors and other stufff

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 01:53:49

oh I think I got it now, level to z coordinate first

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 01:58:07

OK, so here's what I did for installing libaudioverse, strate from the libaudioverse instructions. sudo apt-get install python3 python3-pip libsndfile1-dev libasound2-dev libboost-all-dev gcc g++ make cmake pandoc python3-numpy python3-scipy After that, sudo pip3 install pycparser jinja2 sphinx pypandoc wheel pyyaml After that, just so you'll be on the safe side, sudo pip3 install --upgrade numpy scipy Once that's done, git clone --recursive git://github.com/camlorn/libaudioverse cd libaudioverse mkdir build cd build cmake .. make sudo make install And that should work.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 02:21:43

Okay that compiles it now but still this termianl output:

f^C
scott@scott-Vostro-3559:~/dmpa$ f^C
scott@scott-Vostro-3559:~/dmpa$ ^C

and I have to ctrl+C out of it to quit terminal.

I got libaudioverse compiled now however, do I need to remove the speechd stuff?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 02:28:35

Also how exactly do I undo the speechd stuff, make a clean install of the spechd stuff as that was on my system from the install guide

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 02:40:11

You could always try a sudo make uninstall however I dout weather that's exactly safe. Did you make sure to do a sudo make install after you did a make on libaudioverse?

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 02:43:13

Is anything leaping out at you from the terminal output? It seems to me like my python is messed up but that may just be because it's still doing the make here

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 02:48:54

Yes, if its still compiling with make then you can't use it, you'll need to do make then sudo make install as once make is done. The only thing I can deduce from your terminal output is that you haven't installed libaudioverse after compiling, which is what sudo make install will do.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 03:02:42

Stuck my head on the server but the terminal was showing x-window errors and stuff about server socketsand such, so I relaunched it and hopped back on the server, quit the game aaaaaand.....DMPA just hung, killall dmpa didn't work, xkill didn't even work.

Secret to killing the process name?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 03:12:03 (edited by JaceK 2017-06-09 03:32:04)

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock
Exception in thread Thread-12:
  File "threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 754, in run
  File "functions.py", line 2458, in playerloop
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not unicode

The program 'dmpa' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)'.
  (Details: serial 2823 error_code 17 request_code 20 minor_code 0)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
scott@scott-Vostro-3559:~/dmpa$ ah it works
^[ah: command not found
scott@scott-Vostro-3559:~/dmpa$ f^C

That showed up in my terminal just now as well, I was hitting / to type a message too

EDIT: Just reproduced it, log in, move around, quit server, DMPA hangs instead of heading back to main menu.

EDIT 2: And now I can't find the shipyard. Coords system, anyone?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 03:37:48

Hi @danny. I can't walk even at the first part of the game. It tells me to go to something I hear off to my right, but, I can't move with the arrows. I pressed enter after hearing the instructions on what I needed to do and still can't move. In fact, none of the keys work. I can press alt f4 and that completely closes the program. This is on windows 10.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 03:55:13

Have you tried using A S D and W to walk. E is the interact button and will interact with most things. And @draco thanks for reporting that. I haven't had much luck in testing the linux build, i'll have to disable secure boot and get this doolboot thing setup before I can do any serious testing.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 07:59:50

Hi.
I've briefly tried the game, and here is my impressions so far:
The offline gameplay:
It seems nice so far, but at the beginning where you have to take the lift and find the battery, those items aren't shown when using the v key.
Online gameplay:
It seems quite interesting. I got an error right after I created my account and the game started to download the map, but the game worked anyway.
There are so many items to interact with at the beginning after you have chosen your class, which might confuse some people.
I have to play some more to give more impressions on the game. I just took a few minutes to check it out before I have to work.
Where is the previously discussed online deathmatch mode where we can host our own servers?
My impressions are really good and I think it'll turn into a really fantastic game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-09 08:54:24

The death match mode ended up being ript out when I converted the game over to 2d, since I figured that a 2d stile fps really wouldn't work very well, though since its back in proper first person now its possible I can reimplement it again at somepoint, though i'd like to do some more work on what we've got so far, storyline for instance before I even think about putting that back in. As for that error I fixt it, helps if I remember to check if an object is a ship for some of the new changes i'm working on. Which, here they are. For ships, i've implemented code for engines as actual ship systems. This means they'll take up space, just like the tractor beam does, they'll require fuel, and they effect the maximim speed of your vessel. In addition, i've implemented code client side that the server can send to spawn strawl, which means all i've gotta do is finish off weapons, and then I can start making strawl spring up. In addition if you die from them attacking you, the server will be notifyed of this and your player server side will be dead. As well, i've fixt the glitch that caused you to get stuck when you exited your ship, be it on a planet or on a space station. Talking of that, i'd be intrested in hiring builders to build and describe stations and planets. If your intrested contact me on game and we'll discuss the details.

Thumbs up

2017-06-09 10:49:15

Hi. Gdata antivirus still blocks DM due to virus. I know that i can turn off Gdata for a moment, but be cause Gdata is one of the best accessible antivirus program it's not only my problem.

Thumbs up