2017-06-07 12:10:16

Hi,
I installed the game and the patch on my computer running Windows 7 64 bit. Every time I try to launch the game, I get the error corrupted game.dm file. I tried deinstalling everything, redownloading the files and installing again, but the problem is still there. Any ideas what's wrong here or what I could do to get the game running?
Thanks and best regards
Tikki

2017-06-07 12:45:46

Do another uninstall, but this time before you reinstall, try looking in c:\users\YourUsername\appdata\roaming for a folder probably called PCS games, GMA Games, Draconis entertainment, or Sarah and the Castle of witchcraft and wizardry, then delete it, and make sure to check the other two folders in appdata, local and local o, for a similar folder, and delete that too if you find one.
If you have other titles from any of those companies, then make sure to look inside first and only delete the SCW portion, otherwise you could damage your other games.
Otherwise, I honestly don't know what it could be, maybe you could look for a similar folder in your documents? But that's unlikely.

2017-06-07 13:08:14

what's your local setting?

2017-06-07 19:13:25

Hi,
there were no folders about the game in the locations you mentioned after deinstalling the game again, but after the question about my local setting I changed it from Japanese, which I had for playing Japanese games, back to German. And now the game works. My only problem now is that I have to wait for a key replacement since my old key won't work on the new system, because the keys are tied to the hardware of the registered computer. Oh well, I hope I'll get one and it doesn't take that long.
Thanks for your help and best regards
Tikki

2017-06-07 20:19:09 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-06-07 20:20:12)

yep, there you go , everything from GMA/PCS will not work on japanese local or the others local with unico thing. big_smile

2017-06-08 01:08:18

Hi,
ok, good to know that. Now, does anyone have a working email from PCSGames? I sent my request for a key replacement to [email protected], but I got a mail develery failure message back.
Thanks and best regards
Tikki

2017-06-08 03:04:39

Tikki,
Yes it is Phil but I didn't check this list until now.
I am working on an update that is supposed to fix the Japan setting problem.
If you can run the Shades of Doom 2.0 game correctly then the new Sarah game will work as it will use the same game engine.
Now to my email. I changed it to,
[email protected]
Send me your full name and computer code and I will email you the new key.