2009-12-27 23:19:23

hey!
hey, i'm having a bit of trouble!!
i cant get itunes to work, just bought the new ipod shuffle with speech and need to put music on it, any ideas?

2009-12-28 09:18:30

More detail please.

Operating system, screen reader, version of screen reader if you're not using Voice Over. What exactly isn't working?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-12-28 14:49:03

windows xp
jaws 6
i go to the menu bar and it says sink ipod unavailable
do i really need to regester an account with card details and such?

2009-12-28 15:24:04

Hmm, so iTunes is working fine with Jaws but it isn't letting you sync?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-12-28 15:26:14

yeh keeps telling me i need to have an account,
wonder if theres any other accessible programs out there i could use to sink!
theres one but not accessible at all so i deleted that one!

2009-12-28 16:13:36

Even if it needed an account it shouldn't need card details. I don't have an ipod so I can't confirm, since I only use iTunes to buy music occasionally.

I do know that Apple try to stop other software syncing with the iPod. They have no intention of playing fair naturally.

cx2
-----

2009-12-28 17:20:46

I prefer my sansa clip.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2010-01-07 09:16:42

Hi.

You need to registre your Ipod. You can do this without creating an account, but I don't think it will work with Jaws 6. You could try NVDA or System access to go, or you might need some sighted assistance to do it. When you have registered your Ipod, you have to go into the settings and choose what you wanna sync.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2010-01-07 16:33:04

Hello,

First of all: JAWS 6 is not compaddible with iTunes.
I suggest getting a JAWS 10 or 11 demonstration copy for this purpose.

Second of all: You do need to register your iPod and to registre your iPod with Apple (to ensure you receive support, warranties, Apple Care agreements that you purchased during the checkout process of your iPod player, etc). To do this, you will either need a previously active account with the iTunes store, or an Apple store account. Each is interchangeable. If you purchased your player online from Apple, you probably made an account to purchase said iPod. Use that information if you already have an account. If not, I can't find the link right now, but you can always
Google "Make an apple store account"
It may ask for your credit card; this is for iTunes and App store purchases.
Do not worry it will not charge your credit card unless you buy a track, or a movie, etc, from the iTunes store.

To sync your iPod shuffle with the latest iTunes version, without having to use the innaccessible features (tabbing around the GUI/window, etc), do the following:

• Open the iTunes program.

• Press alt and hit down arrow to pull down the file menu.

• Now hit y, for "Sync (The name of your iPod goes here)

Note your iPod MUST be connected for this to work.

Hope this helps. smile