2017-05-30 14:56:00 (edited by kianoosh 2017-05-30 14:57:12)

Hi all, Today that i'm posting this i installed VS 2017 on my machine. After installation I decided to give it a try. As I usually work with C# winforms, I tryed this one. Everything worked well but When I pressed control alt X to  get access to the toolbox menu, First my NVDA keped being quiet, After a bit, It said something like windows forms application 1-visual studio 2017. I switched the windows sevral times but it couldn't speak the toolbox menu no matter how much I pressed up, down, insert_up or other stuff smile
Do you have a solution to fix this?
Thanks for reading

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-05-30 16:02:31

whats vs2017 kianoosh, i want it

2017-06-03 01:30:01

You want everything Mahdi, slow your roll bruh! yeah, I wanna do stuff with guis too but run into similar, I can actually get stuff from the toolbar, but if I get it on the form, I can't get to the code to it, or the properties. I can't even reliably tell what's on the form window or not. If there are any blind C# devs out there who use vs2015 / 20177 with windows forms or WPF and got this working, I'd love to know how.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-06-03 02:44:46 (edited by Ian Reed 2017-06-03 02:48:31)

I use Windows forms, but I don't use the toolbox.
Dropping buttons and other controls from the toolbox onto the form just creates C# code to perform the work behind the scenes anyway.
To get to the code behind for the windows form, highlight it in solution explorer, then press F7.
You can then add member variables for each control you want, so you can reference them from various methods that are handling events.
Then configure their properties in the class constructor.
And add them to the Controls list.

For example, here is the code behind for a simple form with a button that displays a message box when you click it:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace WindowsFormsApp1
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        Button btnClickMe = new Button();
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

btnClickMe.Text = "Click me";
            btnClickMe.Click += BtnClickMe_Click;
            this.Controls.Add(btnClickMe);
        }

private void BtnClickMe_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            MessageBox.Show("You clicked me!");
        }
    }
}

Hope this is helpful.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2017-06-03 13:10:45

Thanks but in that way coding will be more longer. Although I really need to learn and memorise these stuff. BTW Speaking of C#, Is there another nice sound engine except Irr clan? which is not too hard and have enough features?

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-06-04 03:33:11

Ah well, what I failed to mention is that I'm still learning this stuff, I'm by no means a professional. Any books I can find that seem to teach it want you to start off with GUI development ,which, yeah, is where I want to end up, but its a lot to manage all at once, and you barely know how to get around vs in the first place. And, any way that they want to teach you, which is doing it with the gui designer just isn't gonna work foe me because I can't do clicks and drags.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united