2017-05-30 20:51:21

hi all,a new title has just immerged called black box. if you search for black box as 2 words, on the ios app store you'll find it. these 70 puzzles require no touching of your ios screen and instead rely on clever and inovative methods to turn on each light, or challenge as they are known, in a series to complete the grids. applevis has a topic on this game. thoughts? works ipads but designed for iphones.

2017-05-30 20:52:22

I forgot to add the puzzles were visual in nature until now, when an audio mode and voiceover implementation has been added.

2017-05-30 21:09:00 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-05-30 21:10:17)

man this one is pritty tough and fun, lol
the game always bring me a huge ooooooo  when I solve the puzzle tongue
I have completed some of the puzzle, trying to figure out the green balls thing , and light 1 on the  headphone now

2017-05-30 22:29:32

Hi.
I heared about that.
An android version is possible?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-31 01:02:18

I'm afraid I'm finding the game absolutely unplayable on my IPhone five.
I start the game, Vo reads the title black box, there is a short tone sound  then vo starts to echo and distort so much it becomes literally inaudible.

I suspect this is a version bug.

I have reported it on Applevis, so hopefully the developer will be able to fix it.
I'm also downloading Ios 10.3.3  in case that makes a difference.

Edit: okay, upgrading  the latest version of Ios does not! make a difference.
As it turns out there is apparently a bug on Iphones older than the 5s, which being as I have the 5 is a bit of a pest.
On the plus side, as reported in This topic on the applevis forum the developer seems like a jolly nice chap so hopefully the bug should get squashed soon enough  it'll be possible for me to try the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-31 02:47:15

i can't get past the 2 lights

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-05-31 03:33:27

Spoilers/hints
A circle with lines radiating from the center is a way to draw the sun.
End spoilers/hints

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-05-31 03:47:39

It took me a lot of searching to find the game on the app store, but I did and here is all the information in one place:
Blackbox - think outside the box Free - iOS Game

By Ryan McLeod
Blackbox is one of iOS's #1 puzzle games.
Explore 71 unique puzzles (MORE COMING) without touch… Tilt, shout,

click, snap, wait, reflect, and hike your way to success; expand your

creative thinking;
ponder colorful visual clues; discover secrets along the way…

BEAUTIFULLY CLEVER

With ample satisfying "ah hah!" moments and puzzles as artful and

clever as they are challenging, Blackbox is as delightful to play as

it is to look at
and hold.

SATISFYINGLY SURPRISING

Frustrating, fun, and full of surprises… There’s more to Blackbox than

meets the eye. Can you find all the meta challenges?

HINTS

Every challenge has been tuned to be on the cusp of maddening but

always solvable. Some challenges take time, perseverance, and

perspective to understand,
but if you’re really stumped rest assured there are hints. To enjoy

the game to it’s fullest, only use them as a last resort!

LEVEL PACKS

Blackbox is jam-packed with 50 free challenges. Get far enough and

you'll get the option to pay to unlock more advanced challenges and

support the game's
future development (and keep it ad free)!

What's New in Version 1.3.10

(iPad/iPod players please refrain from installing this update! Fix

coming soon.)

So you think Blackbox is hard eh? Have you ever tried playing with

your eyes closed?

This update brings sonic interfaces to Blackbox. An entirely new

dimension of clues and dynamic feedback that infuse new life into all

71 challenges. But
this is about more than replacing the previous few sounds that I made

with my mouth and laptop. Adding these new sonic interfaces, paired

with careful
haptic feedback, and countless accessibility enhancements means

Blackbox is now accessible to almost everyone regardless of their

needs. Did I mention
the sounds are also just wicked cool?

So what’s a sonic interface? Well for the last year nearly 3.5 million

people have played Blackbox solely using their eyes. For the over 258

million people
worldwide with visual impairments, including blindness, the game was

more or less a literal Blackbox. The sonic interfaces paired with

Voice Over and haptic
feedback create an entirely alternative interface for Blackbox that

doesn’t require vision at all. So now, whether you use dynamic type

sizing to read
small text, text-to-speech to to hear content, or are fully blind you

can enjoy the same loving suffering that is Blackbox.

If you have ideas for how to improve the current accessibility

features please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly at

[email protected]. Thank
you!

For those of you looking for a new puzzle or two, THANK YOU for being

patient with me and please hang in there. Until then, keep thinking

outside the box,
and talk to you soon!
P.S. Since this version of Blackbox is a re-release for the

accessibility community, the current icon is a throwback to the very

first “Blackbox Red” app
icon smile

Full release notes are as follows:
Full Voice Over support
Reduced Motion and Switch Control support (in development)
New UI Sounds and challenge sounds (some can only be heard with Voice

Over)
Fixed wormhole animation bug
iOS 9+ is now required to make the new sonic interfaces possible
New Credit screen transition
A puzzle the relies on a real GPS chip no longer shows on devices

without one
Plugged a few minor memory leaks
Improved TouchID animations
Cleaned earwax out of an existing challenge’s ears

over 70 mind puzzles that generally don’t require touch to solve.
Most VO gestures won't do much as the game is all about anything other

than touch for the most part smile I'll work on making this clearer!
There is a tutorial puzzle.
Updated: May 29, 2017
Version: 1.3.10
Size: 100 MB
Top In-App Purchases
1. Erudite Pack$1.99
2. 1 hint credit$0.99
3. Push Pack$1.99
4. 3 hint credits$1.99
5. 7 hint credits$3.99
6. 20 hint credits$9.99
7. Coffee for Ryan$2.99
8. 42 hint credits$19.99
9. California Burrito$6.99

Note: 75% of the game is free but there are two paid expansions and

hint credits, which can be bought or earned by referring friends via

sharing in the
game (helps keep things ad-free). That said, please email me at

[email protected] for promo codes and I'll provide as many as I can!

Blackbox on the US App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackbo … tside-the-

box/id962969578?mt=8

Blackbox on the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackbox-think-outside-

box/id962969578?uo=8&at=11l4LS

Blackbox's website
https://blackboxpuzzles.com/

AppleVis Forum
https://www.applevis.com/forum/ios-gami … x-seeking-

accessibility-feedback-outside-box-puzzle-game

2017-05-31 05:23:43

so, i have to draw a circle?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-05-31 06:56:13

Spoilers
No, the puzzles all relate to doing something on your phone outside of the scope of the app (hence the thinking outside of the box pun.) Like the intro puzzle had the text upside down so turning your phone around completed the puzzle. What do you have on your phone that could be related to the sun?
end spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-05-31 08:31:39

This game is awesome! One quick question though, does the game break with bluetooth headsets for anyone else? some of the puzzles won't play, assuming those have a microphone involved somehow so that makes sense, but some just sound odd...like i can hear music without the bluetooth, but not with. Either way, I can't wait until I have more time to dive into this.

2017-05-31 08:47:40

Hi.
Just, holy wow... This game is amazing and genius. I love the challenges, love the way you need to think out of the box and find it fascinating that those kinds of puzzles even are possible on a phone. I'm so thankful that this app is made accessible for blind people as well. My only issue is that I don't fully understand the visuals in the app, but that might be because english isn't my main language. I'm going to spend way too much time with those small great games for sure.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-31 19:14:00

ooo the one which says sircle from the right with speed is actually related to the phase of the moon.

2017-05-31 21:36:22

Hey everyone, I'm the developer. So happy you've found the game! Please let me know if you have advice on how I can make it more Voice Over friendly! You can always reach me at [email protected] but i'll try to check back here from time to time too.

Regarding a few things I've seen so far:
– Making the game for Android isn't possible right now (I'm a solo developer and the game is very iOS native) sad
– Bluetooth headphones seem to have issues on a few challenges, I'm looking into this!
– The iPhone 5/5c and older devices' hardware doesn't support the audio processing Blackbox needs to generate its sounds, but I'm trying to see if I can still make this work somehow. Thanks for your patience!!

Please keep the thoughts coming smile

2017-05-31 21:48:52

Hi.
If you can make it for iphone with ios 4.1 please!
I really want to play this game and I do not have an iphone newer than 3gs and I have android phones.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-06-01 02:37:28

Wow, first ap I've found that won't work on my IPhone five.

I've not bothered getting a more modern one since firstly they are very expensive, and secondly it seemed there wasn't any real benefit to be had (indeed rather the contrary given I could no longer use my favourite earbuds).

Sadly while the second of these reasons  might well be changing, the first  actually is now rather more imperative given I got married last year and have less general cash for gaming and such.

so, for the time being, a fix for the IPhone 5 would be greatly appreciated indeed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-01 08:00:04

Hi.
@Warpling: Welcome to the forum.
I have solved 13 challenges so far.
I think the visuals could have a longer description. That is, if there is more to describe. smile My issue is that english isn't my main language. Therefore, there are so many of the descriptions I don't understand. There are some of the hints which don't help me either. Therefore I have a suggestion:
It would be great, if the game reacts when doing something right. In a lot of the puzzles, I have spend a lot of time trying a lot of different things. Then suddenly pling, and I solved one light. In other puzzles, I've almost tried everything, without having any idea about if I'm doing something wrong or not. It would be great to know if blind and sighted people are getting exactly the same reactions from the game visually, and by sounds and speech using Voiceover. It feels like something is happening visually which I as a blind gamer don't get. One example is the puzzle with the green balls. Sometimes there are 30, and other times there are more than 90. At the beginning of the puzzle, the phone is vibrating and something is going on, but I have no idea on what is going on. I get the visual description that there are a lot of green balls, and that's all. Swinging, turning, tilting, shaking, throwing the phone does nothing. No sounds are heard either. A few times I managed to hit one of the balls, but I have no idea on what I was doing. I'm not asking for any hints. I'm just trying to explain the situration from a blind gamers point of view, where I'm asking if we are getting exactly the same information than sighted people or not. If we are getting the same information, then it's just the puzzles which are damn hard. Lol. big_smile
I love the game and find it extremely fascinating.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-06-01 08:01:50

unfortunately I have the same problem on my iphone 6 plus, it worked fine the first few times when I opened the app but it got stuck on a challenge and it's stuck ever since. I hope this can be fixed soon because it's so frustrating.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-06-01 09:14:13

Re: Angel
Sorry Angel, but I can't make the newer audio stuff work with anything before iOS 9 sad

Re: Dark
I totally understand that! I'm working to see what the issue may be but it's proving tough to figure out so far.

Re SLJ
Nice job so far!! This is all great feedback. I'll work on adding longer descriptions. It'd be helpful to know specific challenges you found difficult to understand. You are partially correct in that sighted players aren't getting a whole ton more feedback. Often the challenges do require observing small changes over time and putting together what causes them. As for that particular puzzle the vibrations you're hearing is those balls filling the screen up which might be worth announcing when the challenge opens but it was my hope that the sound of the balls coming in (which changes with color) and vibration might convey something comparable. Any sighted player swinging their phone around will also learn that this isn't part of the challenge since it doesn't do anything. I understand how a lot of this might seem like the game is broken… if this were a normal game.

Re: Mastaodont
That's super strange and upsetting to hear. Do you remember which challenge number it was? Force quitting the app didn't fix it?

2017-06-01 09:48:45

Hi.
at dark, sorry to say, but, what did you expect? Look at it the follwoing way, the iPhone 5 is the last iPhone with a 32 bit architecture  and will not receive the new iOS 11 update anyway. In adition to that, apple already announced that they will start throwing out old 32 bit applications out of the appstore, a good step i have to say.
So, you might like it or not, but a new iPhone might be your best solution. If you still want a headphone jack, 6S processor and ram, touch ID and don't care about 3D touch, the iPhone SE is the best for you, it comes in the same casing as the iPhone 5 and has the same 4.0 retina display build into it. And, on the plus side, it's way cheaper than the 6S these days when you buy it new. You can get it in 16, 64, and 128 flash storage configurations.
Hope I could help.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-06-01 12:55:30 (edited by arceus 2017-06-01 12:56:40)

hi all... i'm quite stuck. at the 2 lights puzzl, where it says headphones recommended, that music just continues to play and I don't get any idea what to do. but since then, I solved some of the challenges and believe me, they are great! it's just fun to see how much your iPhone can do with a game! it's like I'm discovering up my phone big_smile. some puzzles, like slj sayd are really frustrating cause you can't get the idea. like that puzzle with the green balls, does anyone have any idea what to do in there? or others, like that circle growing. I don't get it
thanks in advance!

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-06-01 15:16:25

Hi. This is Zseli writing in from the test mode insiders account, i was too lazy to sign out so might as well say this:
If any of you guys want, i'll spoil some of the challenges that i could solv at this point. I have unlocked at least 65 of them, and have solved about 22 or so.
The game is really cool though ,like everyone else said. One thing that the developer should consider is that on the home screen, say. type 1, 6lights, 6of6 solved. I think the chalenge number should be more important than how many lights it has, but that's just me.
Anyway, if anyone wants to know some of the things i've descovered, write back and i will try hinting at some things.
Good luck in solving those puzzles!

2017-06-01 17:14:21

Hi Warpling.
Thanks for your reply. It's great to hear that sighted people aren't getting much more information.
In the puzzle where the visuals says headphones are recommended and some tones are playing, I don't hear much difference when doing the right thing.
In the puzzle with the green balls, I managed to solve one light, but that happened without me noticing it, and I have no idea on what I did or what to do. No sounds are heard at all after the puzzle starts.
In the puzzle where it says: Half circle growing from right at an imperceivable speed, I can imagine what it looks like, but have no idea on what I can compare this to, so it make any sense. Nothing other than audio studying is happening when moving, turning or tilting the phone.
The puzzle: Circle with medium lines radiating outward, this makes no sense to me either. The visual don't give me any clue at all on what to do, and I only hear a tone at the beginning of the puzzle.
Well, the list of visuals which I either don't understand or which don't make any sense for me at all because I find nothing to compare them to continues. I think my main issue with many of those puzzles is that you're not giving much feedback if you're suddenly doing something right, and not either if you're doing something wrong. So you keep trying, nothing is happening and you don't know if you've even close to do the right thing or not.
I really enjoy one of the first puzzles, where you can see, or hear by using Voiceover, that a meter is raising as soon as you're doing something right. This is the kind of feedback I'm asking for. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2017-06-01 20:00:50

@slj,
i'll try to explain
circle with medium lines is represented like the sun. think you got the idea.
the green balls are something wich in time decrease by using the phone
this is what I managed to got. now I have the type 7 puzzle I don't get, and even tipe 16, with that microphone thing. any hints?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-06-01 23:48:56

Hello. First when I heard about the game, I tought that it will be similar to candy crush or something like that. After I tryed to play some levels, I considered it a waste of time. The sounds are not good in my opinion and also the concept seems something limited and old. Playing all the time with those sounds is  repetitive and also without a sence.