2017-05-27 15:18:28 (edited by pulseman45 2017-05-27 15:21:20)

OK,, so I have beaten the Elite four. Now the goal is, I guess, to complete the nationnal dex. Not sure I will succeed, but I'll catch as many as I can find.
I have a question though. I saw one of Agatha's Gengar had sludge bomb and the rival's Arcanine had morning sun. I'm guessing you can have morning sun on Arcanine as a egg move, but how to get Sludge Bomb on Gengar? It can't learn it via tm, so is there another way?

2017-05-27 20:04:20

Well, I haven't beat the Elite Four, but I did find my way to the entrance of Victory Road. Going to be tons of fun finding my way through that lol. That isn't my question though. Do either Jolteon or Vaporeon learn any worth while moves? As of now, both of mine are at lvl 45, Jolteon knows thunder shock, double kick, hyper beam, and thunder wave. Vaporeon knows water gun, surf, aurora beam, and bite. Same goes for Aerodactyl, he should learn skydrop at lvl 47, but I've seen that alot of moves aren't included in the game. Like dragon claw for instance.

2017-05-27 23:39:51

Not sure if I said this or not but I'd be happy to support any efferts to finish or rebuild this game.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-05-28 01:13:37

At pulseman, what version are you playing, where you got to the E4? I'm going to try as well, starting from scratch. I have the older test version, is that the right one?

2017-05-28 09:43:57

@Arqmeister: I used the older test version to get through the Sinabar gym, as you can't do otherwise anyway. After getting through it I switched back to the newer one, but I guess it doesn't matter to much. For information, I already knew that Agatha's Gengar had sludge Bomb back in Fire Red/Leaf Green, and that the Sludge Bomb TM doesn't work with Gengar in Braillemon. I just checked, and according to bulbapedia, Gengar could learn Sludge Bomb via TM in the third generation. So I'm guessing that some elements from this generation, such as the changes in TM learnsets, weren't put into Braillemon, at least not all of them.
Also according to Bulbapedia, Arcanine can't learn Morning Sun in anyway in the third generation games. I'm guessing the rival's Arcanine had it in FR/LG and that was copied into Braillemon.
On another note (and I am really sorry if I came to late with it), do not save either near victory Road, in Victory Road itself, or even in the Elite four. If you save in one of these locations and reload, the map won't reload correctly and it will be an empty infinite area with no locators, and no possibility of digging or flying. This might not happen with the older test version, but even if you want to try with that version I strongly suggest you do a backup of your save file.

2017-05-28 15:09:03

that save bug is likely caused by the fact that the map isn't stored in the load map from save file function.

Anyways, when I have time I'll get together braillemon's audio assets.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-06-02 14:25:41

at DR. Bilbo J. Skywalker: Vaporeon learns Acid Armor at 47 and Hydro Pump at 54. Don't remember what Jolteon learns but I THINK it's Thunder.

Also, did you get the Thunderpunch TM from the Vermilion Gym? That's a good move but if you want to teach it to Jolteon I'm not sure it can learn it. Pikachu gets Thunderbolt at LV 26, though, and that's my go-to overkill electric move.

I personally wish I could build a game with as many Pokémon in it as possible and all the moves/mechanics from the main series to date, but the rebirth of Braillemon will still make me happy. big_smile

2017-06-02 18:59:02

Thanks. I already evolved Jolteon and Vaporeon to where they got thunder and hydropump respectively. I beat the Elite 4 before that though, and my Jolteon was strong enough to simply bull-doze his way through the water trainer with one-hit-thunder shocks. The only one that took more than one hit was Lapras. And as for thunder punch, gave it to dragonite and let him have at it.

2017-06-02 21:59:31 (edited by pulseman45 2017-06-03 09:35:01)

OK, so I said I will try to complete the nationnal dex, but is it in fact possible? I mean, I wonder if there is actually a way to get all the starters and all the legendaries? Maybe it comes as a reward depending on how many pokemon you have caught, but I don't know.
At least I know you can have another starter as soon as you have beaten the elite four, but I don't know for the rest.

2017-06-27 12:53:00

Hello friends, i just started to play BRAILLEMON. however, i find out that the version i got is the older version since i am stuck in the game corner and couldn't find the poster which contain has the switch to the rocket hideout. i tried to search for the latest version of the game but i couldn't find it. can anyone tell me where can i get the latest version of BRAILLEMON? thank you. smile

2017-06-27 16:19:45 (edited by daigonite 2017-06-27 16:20:24)

Download links:
Stable, old version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4n08tale65w8 … 0.zip?dl=1

Unstable beta version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5h0ob3ksmr4yu … t.zip?dl=1

2017-06-28 08:04:25

thank you Daigonite smile

2017-06-28 14:25:07

No problem. I'm sorry that it's a broken mess though lol. At this point I don't think that redoing the project is really a scalable solution. Welp neutral

2017-06-29 12:13:23

Hi Daigonite.

Could you update the link in your first post? The older link does not work. I downloaded the beta version and it crashed on me, I expected that as it was a beta.

I got an error and clicked on yes to copy it to the clipboard but it didn't coppy.

I was playing the game and about to get my pokimon when the error came up.

I know we can spead up and slow down sapi but have you thought about trying to add NVDA and or JAWS support to the game?

I'm gone for real :)

2017-06-29 12:15:50

Hi Daigonite.

I just noticed that your paypal donate page was open in my browser.

I didn't think that feature worked as there was no speech indicating that the page had opened when I pressed enter on it.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-06-30 19:12:00

Sorry about that, I won't updated it for braillemon since it's just too clunky but I will keep that in mind for my future projects

2017-07-02 20:40:27

where can I get this thing? I tried crystal and it was cool but just a royal pain.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-08-04 21:33:46

guys, is this game for Windows because it wen i open the game it say that it is uncompatebal and that 1 of the files not are for Windows what to do to fix this

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2017-08-09 21:10:13

hi all. I didn't followed the braillemon topic around, but as I've heard the project it's discontinued, which makes me to fee lreally sad. enjoyed it so far...
while following a walk trough to see what I've missed, I discovered I can get eeve for free. I got it, I went back to reading, saved, and... got a not responding error. when I opened the game I just gotan error soo nice that it broke up my save. everytime I try to load, I get this.

of Destroy Event
for object PokemonGive:

Variable notifynpc.event(100779, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_PokemonGive_Destroy_0
############################################################################################
so just a warning for the people which play braillemon, do not save there. I got all my team lost and all my pokedex.
by the way, can someone explain to me what happened to the project? thanks

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-08-16 07:31:34

Yeah, it's a damn shame this one wasn't seen through to the end, but life is tough you know? To give credit where credit is due though, the fact that it got as far as it did with all of the personal issues Daigonite had to face at the time is pretty impressive to say the least. Still, I'd have loved to see the completed version, so much potential for uniqueness with the storyline and all that.

2017-08-24 08:10:43

can anyone tell me how we're subpost to get through the seafoam islands? I know I need to push bolders down holes, but I can't find a single bolder.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2017-08-29 04:26:17

I downloaded both the stable and test versions of this game and I'm trying to figure out which one I should play with more so than others? How far can you get in either versions? What are the pros and cons of the stable old version compaired to the test version?

2017-10-24 14:55:38

Hello! Please help me, how to go a MT Moon? Thanx for help.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2017-10-24 23:12:46

So what's the deal with this game now? Is it actually complete then? I know no more work was being done on it, just not sure how far it got in the end

2017-10-25 05:31:12

it's not complete, it's abandend

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.