2017-05-23 03:59:59

Yet another [article] from Kotaku today, blind 10 year old Gibiki Sakai wrote a letter to nintendo thanking them for their Rhythm Heaven games and asking them if they could make more accessible games so others can enjoy them. They replied with a letter that they would like to make games that everyone can enjoy, and included a second copy of the letter in braille so he could read it himself. Sakai's father posted it on his twitter account, were he likes posting pictures of his sons second passion, drumming. (note his twitters all in japanese)

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-05-23 07:15:11

That's cool. It sound like either Nintendo is more open to dialog of this nature than other companies, or that Nintendo Japan is more open, at least. lol the braille letter in response is awesome!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-23 22:29:08

Indid was an awesome act taken by nintendo by sending hin a Braille letter too!

2017-05-23 22:41:24

Wow. Thanks for the article. That's awesome...
Does those games offers so much playability and replayability so it's worth getting a Nintendo console just for a Rhythm heaven game?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-23 23:52:16

I'll definitely give them major props for actually taking the time to have a braille copy of their letter made. I always wished they would do the same for Nintendo Power. That would have been awesome.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-05-24 00:24:15

@SLJ
Thats difficult to say, its not uncommon for children to fixate on particular things, for example watching the same disney movie repeatedly non-stop such that parents begin to see it as a form of adult torture. From the sounds of it he has a big interest in rhythm and percussion instruments, he's apparently mastered it on 4 different consoles so far.

2017-05-24 03:44:16

Rhythm games are extremely popular in Japan. See Matpat's Global Gaming episodes on Japan: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL35FE … ode=NORMAL

I'd link to both parts if I wasn't on my phone. Is there no sane way to copy URLs into text on Safari?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-05-24 07:44:45

Thats quite interesting, let me just link to those: [part 1] and [part 2].

I remember hearing about Japans arcades, though not that rhythm games were predominately popular in that demographic. Its interesting to see the perspective of cultural influences and undertones that reverberate through their gaming culture, like a reinvention of society in a different context. I wonder what the same kind of analysis of cultural influences would say about western gaming?