2012-10-12 14:57:11

I've already posted these to the blastbay forums, but thought I might as well post them here in case they're any use to anyone who wouldn't find them there.

This is a collection of bgt scripts for various general uses:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/includes.zip

The readme file isn't what I'd call complete, but it does try to give a general overview of what the included scripts contain.
I'll give a (much more brief) summary of the contents here:

3d.bgt:  Contains classes and methods for working with 3d shapes, including a Shape3D interface for general use, and classes for boxes, cylinders, spheres, lines and conics. (Notice that I tend to capitalize class names.).

browser.bgt:  Includes a file browser (uses custom_voice for spoken feedback). It's supposed to be similar to the default windows file select dialogs.

custom_pool.bgt:  a modified version of sound_pool that supports listener angle, muffling sounds that are behind the listener, and an attempt at simulating 3d with pitch-shifting (it's easy enough to just ignore the features you don't want to use, or in the case of 3d, disable them (I.E, set pitch_step to 0)).

custom_voice.bgt: Includes a class for speaking text using either sapi or a screen reader, or a word_speaker (the word_speaker class is included in the same file and looks for audio files in a specified directory. It tries to play the biggest phrase it can find.). Has a built in options menu and save/load methods to keep track of settings.

FiniteStateMachine.bgt: Includes an interface and a superclass for working with FiniteStateMachines. This is a style of virtual object that I use in a lot of my games, but it is a little difficult to explain the use in a short paragraph. A FiniteStateMachine always has one state, and it behaves and changes based on that state. This is useful for enemies, player characters, traps, etc.

geom.bgt: Contains lots and lots of classes and functions for 2d geometry. It's mostly derived from java.awt.geom, so reading the code is a serious pain. The way this was organized kind of prevented me from adding Paths or cubic curves, but the existing shapes should serve most purposes well enough.

math.bgt: Includes various functions for mathematical operations.

sound_positioning.bgt: A modified version of the sound_positioning script included with bgt, mostly to support the features in custom_pool.

Many of these scripts rely on one another (geom relies heavily on math, browser uses custom_voice which uses custom_pool which uses math, etc).

I also have a custom_menu class, but it doesn't seem like it'd work so well for general use (and BGT already includes a menu class of its own that seems to work well for everyone else).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-10-12 22:03:37

Thanks for posting these cae. These could really come in handy for some projects I am thinking about making. Thanks once again. Plus, congrats on even making them

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-10-12 23:07:58

Nicely done.  Looking forward to wading through the code for ideas and to learn how best to use this bounty.  Thank you.

2012-10-13 11:27:03

I also found that matcher script you made useful, you might want to include that.  The one that checks the braces, brackets and quotes in your code.

2012-10-13 13:05:55

Ah. I was mostly putting scripts I would frequently need to include in a finished project into one place. The matcher isn't something that one would include, but it might be convenient to have it in there with those...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-03-30 10:28:06

The link to the download doesn't work, can you perhaps reupload it?

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2016-04-11 17:34:52

Oh, sadly. It says "This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled! " when I open the link. Can you please upload them anew or provide a new link?

2016-04-11 19:31:48

Here's a new link:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/f43moq

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-12 10:34:39

You are so awsome. Successfully downloaded!

2017-05-20 20:29:02

I can't download it from Sendspace.

2017-05-21 21:23:45

Me to, and offtopic but I want to get in contact with KAE-Jones via skype or something like that please.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-22 15:53:07

Hi, Could someone upload them again somewhere? Link is broken. THey're too useful!

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-05-22 19:10:18

I'm primarily using my phone for internet unless I really need to upload, download, or get past a CAPCHA, so I'm not quite ready to go uploading it right now.
I suppose I should update these, though. Some bug-fixes in the 2d script, a stlib file that saves a ton of importing (currently contains crossfading, quick dictionary wrapping, some generator / concatinator functions for arrays, etc).
Mostly I need to get to the bottom of some atrocious lag before I do anything else, and it is very confusing.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-05-30 01:21:50

Here's the latest version, which also includes my geometry library (in the bgrotation folder) and Sam Tuby's rotation package.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/n0i3p9

Although I think I left the version of 2d.bgt in there with the destructor I was using for debugging.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-05-30 18:16:59

Oh thanks man

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988