2017-05-17 13:39:27

so if they aren't willing to do anything about it what will you do?

2017-05-17 15:48:57

I guess we would have to explore alternatives such as allowing text input for all options, however this would require quite a bit of reengineering.

2017-05-17 20:15:33

that's ok but it still doesn't tackle the problem of being able to read the various links.

2017-05-18 10:55:09

Hi Darren,

The reading of links can be solved by following the previous suggestions with screen readers I believe.

This being said, if Facebook can resolve the issue with the menu items it should also fix these items as well.

2017-05-18 14:27:04

Hi Textspaced,
I'm not sure if this is the issue for everyone else, but, at least for me, windows screen readers work perfectly fine with, from what I've seen, exactly 100% of the game. IOS works perfectly fine with a good chunk of it, but it does not, as of the latest update, display links. Everything else shows up, from button to the text input field, but links don't. Hope this makes sense. Personally, I don't mind it at all, because I'm on my laptop more than I am on my phone, but it might be a greater issue for others. I understand, however, that this is mostly a Facebook-side situation, and I'm guessing there's not really much that can be done beyond insistently request they fix this.

As for operation build-a-base, I'm happy to report I'm nearly half way to the engineer ship. Admittedly, my evil master plan is proving difficult to execute, mostly because it relies upon the availability of missions, and they don't seem to be very available at all, at least, not with my current scout ship. All of this means most of my credits were acquired through endless mining and a rank upgrade.

I'm pondering whether to just keep using this ship, or buying one with a larger cargo hold; I get the feeling cargo transfer missions will provide lots of credits, if I could just get a bigger ship. Of course a bigger ship means demolishing the credits I have stored up for my engineer...

More interestingly, I ran across some sort of event while on a rescue mission. It resulted in my character obtaining a strange glowing cube, but I can't see it anywhere. Would it be possible to add some sort of personal inventory, where we can view these story items, books, etc? Also, what count as discoveries? My stats show that I have 1, but I don't know what it might be.

Thanks for answering all my questions and working so hard to make the game accessible. smile

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-05-18 15:39:16

Hi Soul Keeper, it would be good for Facebook to fix the issue so we will keep pressing.

The missions are shared between the player base so sometimes there may be more, sometimes less, but a larger hold normally means better paying missions. Thanks to the vote are next objective is also to add an additional mission type.

The idea of a personal inventory is quite interesting, the cube at the moment is a story element that will trigger something else late on, but maybe being able to interact with it somehow could be cool.

Discoveries are any sectors you visit that no other player have visited before.

Thanks again for continuing to play!

2017-05-20 18:57:36 (edited by Soul Keeper 2017-05-20 22:08:00)

Is there any point to these random audio clips that randomly show up? They don't seem to have anything to do with the game, so I was just curious if they signified anything or if there was maybe some sort of visual stuff I'm missing. Also I like the new missions menu, but I was wondering if it'd be possible to set mission alerts? Like if you're looking for a civilian rescue mission but there are none, you could set a thing to alert you when one becomes available. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-05-21 11:35:48 (edited by TextSpaced 2017-05-21 12:29:47)

Hi Soul Keeper,

Glad you like the new mission menu, the ultimate aim here is for factions to be able to create their own missions which you can browse here too. In terms of alerts that's an interesting idea we should explore, we did consider always notifying people of distress missions if they are in range, but this could get annoying.

In terms of the audio clips, this is just something your character will do when they are bored. The ancient archives are meant to represent what was salvaged from Old Earth, how the future now perceives us but it doesn't affect the story at all.

2017-05-21 17:46:36

ok so could someone talk me through how to buy and sell in this game?

2017-05-21 19:44:56

Tl,dr:
You can buy books, ships, and ports and sell ports and resources. IOS supports selling only all resources at once. Things are bought at merchant bases and stations, and stock refreshes every hour. There are probably price variations across sectors which might allow you to make a profit off buying cheaper than you sell.
Full description:
To buy and sell you'll need to use the computer (ios doesn't seem to work, because it's link based). Land at a merchant base/station, decide what you want to buy (whether port -- upgrades for your ship, which include weapons, cargo hold expansion, etc, or books, which I think have a chance of raising your skill at stuff) and select the appropriate button. Every hour, items in each of these categories are randomized, so if nothing in the list interests you, you can go to a different base/station and see what's there, or just wait until the next hour. I think different bases and stations offer different prices for things, which is the theory behind gunrunning -- buy weapon cheaper at point a, go to point b, sell it for more. Buying ships works similarly, but you do this at a shipwright, and have to name them once you buy them. As for selling, you can't sell books and, as far as I'm aware, you can't sell ships, either. You can sell ports though, and you can also mine and sell resources (this last one requires links only if you're not selling all of it; if you want to sell everything you mined, I'm pretty sure there's always a suggested button at the top of the merchant menu that allows you to sell all resources).
Hope this helps.

2017-05-21 19:52:31

Wow awesome run through, think you covered everything.

Just to add to that, it's correct you can't sell books. As for ships, we're planning to add that soon - but you'll only be able to sell ships that are in storage.

Finally crafting is being worked on which will further increase trading options.

2017-05-21 20:48:37

when  you land on a station or base, I can sell resources but I can't see how you buy. so you go into the computer menu to do this?

2017-05-21 22:49:46

How you buy what? You can't buy resources, only sell them. There are separate sections for buying books and for buying ports.

2017-05-21 22:54:15

what about things like slaves ETC

2017-05-22 07:40:18

you can find slaves and weapons in some ways, sometimes an enemy ship might leave a wreck behind containing it or you can find cargo adrift in some sectors that contains these items. I've just got like 400 of those and I'm looking for a place to sell them now. trans gov doesn't seem to work so I'm heading for the descendants now.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-05-22 12:18:22

yeah but buying and selling stuff? I just don't quite see how that works.

2017-05-22 15:12:17

right now you can't buy ressources, you have to mine for them. the only things that you can buy and sell are weapons. you can buy some weapons at a station and sell them to an other for a higher price.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-05-22 15:30:07

what so buying ports and selling ports?

2017-05-22 15:54:46

Hi Darren,

You can mine, salvage or steal resources and then sell these at a merchant station.
You can also buy and sell ports.

All of these options are affected by your trading skill, so the better the trader you are the more likely you are to be able to bargain a profit. Moreover the prices are both local and global, for example selling energy to a base that is orbiting a star isn't going to garner you much of a profit.

We are currently working on being able to sell ships as well as trading crafting parts.

2017-05-22 18:48:39

I just installed the latest version of IOS messenger and the problem with navigating to another system still is very present. so they obviously haven't done anything about that at all.

2017-05-22 20:13:43 (edited by Soul Keeper 2017-05-22 20:15:08)

Can you use something other than IOS for this? Clearly it's not being fixed, and clearly you know this. Either complain to people who can actually do something about it in a non-trolling manner or stop using the app until it's fixed, but I'm not sure how much 40000 one-line posts about  the same issue is going to help anything. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's been brought up before, it's been reported that it's been brought to Facebook's attention, and then it's been brought up again here with absolutely no new information. I don't have to announce that I'm still breathing every five minutes; we don't need to complain about something known to be inaccessible being inaccessible every day.

I'm not sure if this was a bug or if I just accidentally missed the message (in which case there was no confirm button) but I got a notification a few days ago that said I received 0 credits for my scanning mission. I had checked that same day for scanner missions, but I remember it just threw me back to the basic menu, so I figured there just weren't any and didn't bother looking at the text above it. I'm pretty sure it was on the first day of the new missions menu with the scanning missions, if that helps. I don't remember at what time, but I can search for it if necessary.

2017-05-22 21:48:12

well actually for your information there was a messenger update today thus why I mentioned it. I wasn't complaining mearly stating a fact nothing more nothing less.

2017-05-22 22:40:18

Hi Darren,

We are continuing to press Facebook about this and they are looking into it, unfortunately these things take time.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with the scan mission Soul Keeper. The scan mission rewards you for the ships you scan within an hour, is it possible you didn't scan any?

If you believe it is a bug you can log it at www.textspaced.com/bug that way we can track it and keep you informed about it (plus there is a bug bounty for in-game credits).

I hope this helps.

2017-05-23 05:30:24

How do you claim unclaimed sectors for your faction?

2017-05-23 11:52:19

Hi Soul Keeper,

To claim a sector you need to build something there, you can read more about structures here: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … Structures