It's been 24 hours since I shifted servers and I haven't seen an outage message yet from Google. So I think things are looking good there. Please report any outages you experience.

supermalavox, thanks for the suggestions. Amazon just announced that they are doing a revenue share with developers of games for Alexa. This is incredibly important news for games on this device. There is now, finally, a financial reason for people to create interesting and compelling content for this device. My strategy up till now has been to create a system where I can get a return through in-app purchases, merchandise, or downloadable content. Now there is a shorter on-ramp for developers to get some return for their efforts and it should spur much more interest in developing games for this platform.

I have directed those in the Alexa development community to this board and suggested it as a great resource for ideas for new and better audio games. Now that Amazon have opened the checkbook I hope that we'll get more and better audio games. I welcome the competition!

Thumbs up

Yeah I was playing Starlanes last night and it died 3 times within 5 minutes, I just sort of gave up. I don't know what the deal is, why it does that. I personally thing it times out too quickly, like it only really gives 2 or so seconds then just craps out on you, they should give it at least 5, but I think that's something on Amazon's end, and how you gonna convince a multi billion dollar corporation to make changes, tongue

I don't have problems using the tablet, I don't think its my net, or I'd be seeing random hangs and stuff while it tried to reconnect. Sometimes my wifi does go down, for like 2 minutes then comes back up, but that's not all the time, and the rest of my devices would go offline too, so I don't know what the deal is, same thing happens on the echo.io service. Also, my net doesn't go down when echosim.io drops me out of the skill, so the wifi's not to blame I don't think. I've not tried it with 6 swords only that once, the reason being that game seems more complex, and I can't really learn to play it if I keep dropping out.

This is also every time I play, its not like a specific time of day type of thing. I think last night it was like 10 at night, EDT, other times I've played in the afternoon.

Friend me on Steam
and follow me on Twitter

Thumbs up

So after trying again today, I was able to stay connected to both Starlanes and 6 swords for a while, however I did eventually get dropped from 6 swords, and I couldn't really figure out what to do there, so I was just wandering around. I'm having a problem with starlanes, trying to go through the tutorial and even though I am saying next tutorial, it is often times backing up instead of going forward, even when I annunciate very clearly. Also, I haven't been able to make it through the tutorial because of getting dropped, so maybe could we have a system where we can jump to a specific section, then go from there, I don't really need to step through stuff I've already heard because I can't stay connected. I also tried playing like 5 feet in front of the router, and then starlanes just sort of stopped, no tone, didn't say couldn't access, it just kind of stopped.

Friend me on Steam
and follow me on Twitter

Thumbs up

OK, another update, so, I am finding out that one thing that really makes it likely to get you kicked is if you say the wrong thing, for instance, what I was trying to do is see how many drones I could hold in my ship, and I forgot the command for that, I remember it in the tutorial, but I didn't want to hear all that stuff again just to get to that section in the tutorial, only to either be kicked, or the tutorial go back and not forward. I would say things like what is our capacity; capacity; how many drones can we hold. In each case, it was more likely that I would be kicked then rather than later. It seems like if you say a wrong thing, there's a higher likelihood you getting kicked. I played the game smoothly for 10-15 minutes about an hour ago until I started trying to find things, or twy things.

I think we really need a way to store progress in the tutorials, or, add a way to jump to a specific section. If I have to listen to the same stuff over and over again, it's just frustrating and makes me not really receptive to learning when the new stuff comes up.

Friend me on Steam
and follow me on Twitter

Thumbs up

I had a talk with some people who know AWS better than me. Apparently I was running on a server that was the equivalent of a TRS-80 or something. So I've upgraded my production server. Let me know if that improves things.

Thumbs up

iron is correct, when I was playing starlanes when it first came out, I was getting dropped from the server a lot, I will admit it doesn't really happen in 6swords to much tho

Thumbs up

It seems to have made a difference, played for about 5 minutes last night showing to someone, today though it was saying something about having trouble understanding, that's probably more out of environment since its literally hotter than hell out here and I have loud fan on.

Friend me on Steam
and follow me on Twitter

Thumbs up

I just pushed this week's update. They major part is the first (mini) module to be released: Batrachian City. It's located due north of Village of Achnasheen.

Thumbs up

Just would like to revive the topic about 6 Swords and ask if it is still being developed. By the way, is its development for Google Assistant the same level as Alexa's version?

Thanks!

Thumbs up