Hi there,

The subject already says it: is there an api which can search the web and then output the results in a way it can be reat out and listed in a listview for example? I want to program something where the user types a string, presses enter, the application searches the web and then outputs the resoults in a listview whose items can be confirmed with enter or an ok button or similar and the requested website would be opened.

I thougth about making this thing with pb, but if there is a universal dll being able to do it it would be even better smile

Thanks in atvance!
greetings
gamefighter

Thumbs up

I believe so yes, [this] topic goes into more detail on it. Essentially you can use Googles [Custom Search API] to make your own Custom Search Engine, though results may vary. Another approach would be to build your own [WebCrawler], though for various reasons I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Thumbs up

Hi Magurp,

Many thanks for the link! I didn't think you should have a google developer account just for doing a little task, but well I'll look at it in more detail and maybe can get something up and running in near time, I hope. Maybe I'll think about not using google and some other search engine instead, don't know...

Thumbs up

You  don't need an account to use the duckduckgo API, might wanna give that a try

Thumbs up