2017-05-18 01:48:08

I'd like to develop games without running Windows. More generally, I can think of several uses for Wine. How do I make programs running under Wine talk? For example if at the terminal I type
wine bgt_english_installer.exe
it opens what I presume to be the setup wizard but I can't hear it.

2017-05-18 22:23:53

hlong story short, you can't. its not accessible

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2017-05-18 23:14:34

actually, this might be possible. I could be wrong, just a theory of mine. Basically, if you get an existing bgt.exe file from an existing installation and copy exec.bin, you might be able to run code using the commandline options.

2017-05-19 20:31:57

You can install it. Open the installer, press alt n three times then alt I, wait a while and alt F... That's it!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-05-19 21:47:00

i don't really know why you'd install this. its not as if you'd be coding in it.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2017-05-20 00:47:12

And no, this isn't exactly possible. Due to BGT's constant use of GUI windows instead of the CLI like most compilers and interpreters do, and it's heavy reliance on windows-only features... your luck even getting it to work is extremely minimal at best.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-07-04 04:43:28

I actually did get Adventure at C: working as an experiment back in the day, but I used bottles from winetricks. I forget which ones I used, sadly; games can be made to run, though. And adding in SAPI might make them speak.