2017-05-16 12:47:26

Hi.

A new release from ian Humphry of Spoonbill games which will probably appeal to fans of count down style word puzzles, actually Mrs. Dark is loving BG Crooswords at the moment so this one might appeal to her as well.

BG Word Candy is a blind accessible version of the on-line game. It is played in levels against the clock.

Each level presents you with six scrambled letters, and a certain number of words to make with those letters. There is at least one six-letter word amongst them.

Each word must contain at least three letters, but the longer the word the more points you score, so it makes sense to find the longer words first. You must  make the target number of words before the game clock counts down to zero.

If you complete the level successfully, you score points for the words you make. This is your word score. In addition, you score a time bonus based on the amount of time left on the game clock, and a six-letter bonus for each six-letter word you make.

If the game clock runs out before you have completed the level, the game is over. The object of the game is to beat your previous highest score.

There is a non-timed mode for those players who like a more relaxed game.

Visit the word candy page on the spoonbil site here Download the game here

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-17 13:20:31

Dark,
I downloade it and ralized that Ian does use old-fasion format for his game files.
The game download is named,
WCB32Setup10.exe
I think the WCB stands for Word Candy Blind.
I re-named it to,
BG Word Candy32Setup10.exe
to make it more understandable in my Spoonbill game folder.

2017-05-17 15:29:47

I remember all in play had a game similar to this

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-05-17 16:29:51

@Phil, I just copied the download  straight from the spoonbill games page so goodness knows.
I did think all the setup files started with bg something or other, but I could be miss remembering, the last spoonbill game I installed was Bg crossword which mrs. Dark is loving at the moment (indeed we'll probably need to find some more crosswords in the right file format soon).

I ought to  install some of the games on here though to give my brain a break, I always did enjoy BG hearts and Whist.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)