2016-01-19 14:44:26

hey windows 10 PE is here. read the following carefully. may want to also dropbox this in case the links go away.
What is windows 10 pe and why was it needed to make when there was windows
7 pe?
The answer is simple.
1.    Windows 7 was released back in the day when there was no usb 3.0
let alone 3.1 and no uefi systems.
So windows 7 pe would not boot on a uefi system.
For this we needed sighted help to install windows or disable uefi and
go back to legacy bios mode which was a waste of system feature and
did not provide some kind of security against rootkits.
2.    Windows 10 pe is made so that it can be bootable on a uefi and
secure boot enabled systems also.
Of Corse you can boot a windows 10 pe on a non uefi system.
3.    There is a misconception.
If you have windows 7 or windows 10 pe you can only install windows 10
or windows 7 no you can install windows as old as xp, note windows
older then xp are not tested for installation.
4.    Ok now let’s get a bit technical shall we?
The step 4 of this guide is for people who have a uefi system only.
People who don’t have uefi system please don’t do any steps in this
guide.
Now let’s prepare our boot disk.
For that take any external hard disk or usb flash drive.
Note the hard drive will be cleaned to be converted to gpt.
So after the hard drive is connected to the computer open command
prompt as admin to do that.
1.    Press windows and r keys.
2.    Type cmd.exe
3.    Hold right shift and press enter
Now in the command prompt type the following commands and press enter
after each.
Diskpart
List disk
Select disk x replace the number of the disk that diskpart shows you
in your previous command mostly on most systems internal disk is 0 and
external disk is 1
Make sure you selected the right disk number and then type clean
This will remove any partition table from the disk including volumes.
Then type convert gpt
Then type create partition primary.
Now all command prompt work is over.
So close the command prompt and open disk management for this do the
following.
1.    Press windows and r
2.    Type control and press enter.
3.    Find administration tools and press enter then find computer
management and press enter.
4.    Now computer management mmc will open.
5.    Go to storage and find disk management.
6.    Press enter and then tab.
7.    Now find some partition called the following: type basic, file system
raw.
8.    Right click on it and format it.
9.    Format the drive with ntfs file system.
Now open the windows 10 pe x86 or x64 exe files leave all options to
the defaults and then select your hard drive and start writing to it.
Once the iso is written to it start booting to it and start install
windows again on your own without sighted help.
5.    ok now every1 uefi or non uefi read this.
The download link for the iso is
http://opopanax.net/download/
from this link you will get the following.
1.    A exe file having windows 10 x64 image.
2.    A exe file having windows 10 x86 image.
3.    A exe file with windows 7 x64 image yes windows 7 pe is updated
with updates to new programs and addition of some more programs.
4.    Updated version of windows 7 x86 pe.

Known issues of windows 10 pe.
1.    For security net pe is not set to run at start up u have to run it
from win 10 pe desktop.
Network pe is a program which helps the pe to connect to the internet
as it loads and initialises network drivers.
2.    On windows 10 64 bit pe even if the wireless card drivers are
detected the notifications area will show no wireless connections are
available to solve this do the following.
1.    Open control panel
2.    Open network and sharing centre.
3.    Select setup a new connection.
4.    And then manually connect to a wireless network.
5.    Ethernet connection works fine.

If you have any questions or find any bugs you can contact me and I
will report them to Carlos.
If some Ethernet card or wireless card drivers are not found, we
require the following info.
1.    Card manufacturer
2.    Card model number.

Thanks for reading this long guide.

2016-01-20 00:20:57

One thing I'd change is after you clean the partition.  Their are commands that you can type to format the disc instead of doing all those extra steps to make your partitions.
run>cmd: This will put you in an elevated command prompt.
diskpart
list disk
select disk x where x is the drive you want to put the PE on.
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs
assign
exit

2016-01-22 23:53:07

Agree on that one, also why the .exe extention? I'm not often curious, but this does raize suspision on my part since you can easyly use ,iso?

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2016-01-22 23:55:51

Also, and sorry for the double poast: one should also note that the installation of xp only works on 32 bit Winpe (winpe x86) not the 65-bit (x64) one. Unless you can find an image of xp 64-bit (wich i wouldn't advice since it was the first ever 64-bit windows, and not sure how well screenreaders react on that)

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-01-23 00:14:34 (edited by hadi.gsf 2016-01-23 00:23:34)

Hey guys, I've got two questions,
The first one is also the one that  critic said, Why is this not an iso file?
The second, Are these updated files that have update files till jan 2016? or these are original win 10 installers.

And finally, Thanks and cheers for developing and providing these installers,  your're the best
edit: I think the exe files are compressed e.g  they will uncompress and you'll get an iso file... am i right?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2016-01-23 00:19:20

I hope for the dev's sake that these are updated pe's from jan 2016 onwards, otherwise installing latest win10 will fail due to imagex drivers or some thing or other being too old.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-01-23 16:54:26 (edited by criticview 2016-01-24 00:13:55)

Hi everyone

First off, the files are safe to download, i double checked. Next, the following structural changes took place:
- nvda is now included in the programs folder (weither or not this will have influance on the behaviour, i'm not sure yet)
- now you can retreave product keys with the included programs
- There is a serious performance decrease: nvda is unable to review the screen. I'm not sure what causes this, but reviewing the screen is one of the most inportant things the previous winpe's had.
- NVDA uses espeak, wich personally is a minus but survivable.
- To the developer: if possible, I'd suggest to review the previous Win81PENVDA and go from there. Toppics can be found on this forum, and there should even be links with the project source. I only mention this because of the screen reviewing, and that source maybe could resolve a few other things related to ease of use of the PE.
- One majour plus I found so far: the boot procedure has been modified to not press a key to continue, wich gives more certainty the pe boots normally...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-01-24 20:44:50

This is great, although the 64bit image of this may contain the 64 bit installer for windows10, it is not a 64bit disk image, or at least it's not recognized as a valid installation disk by bootcamp.

2016-01-24 22:15:38

jack wrote:

This is great, although the 64bit image of this may contain the 64 bit installer for windows10, it is not a 64bit disk image, or at least it's not recognized as a valid installation disk by bootcamp.

That's because it's not an installation disc, but a Pre installation environment aka PE. Bootcamp expects to see an iso with more than boot.wim in the sources folder, though what exactly it's looking for I'm not sure.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-01-24 22:22:08

The folowing poast contains experimental stuff, wich will not harm anything on your system, but might have some odd side effects. This being said...

You can always do the folowing to get the winPE to load after the initial phase of bootcamp:
- Launch the bootcamp assistant
- First check the two options to create windows 7 or later installation media and to download the latest bootcamp drivers.
- When that is complete, close the bootcamp assistance.
- Extract the win10se iso to a place where you can have access to the files.
- Find the file called "boot.wim" inside the sources folder and copy it.
- Put the boot.wim file in the sources directory of your windows installation media (usb)
- Next, open bootcamp assistance and let it create a windows partition.
- After it created the partition, it will restart the mac and will launch the modified windows installation disc with the winpe on there.
- Use this only to do some rescue opperations on your system or so, or to test drive the PE. Installing windows may or might not work, depending on a lot of factors like the way it booted etc.
- If you need more extended instructions, i'll poast them later. But for now, my daughter has to go to sleep, and she can not in any way change her diapers herself ... big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-01-25 00:54:32 (edited by jack 2016-01-25 01:04:04)

First of all, it's more than just boot.wim, because doesn't the programs folder on the win10pe have to be copied over to the windows10 installation media? That programs folder contains nvda. Assuming that, that's what I did. Copied the boot.wim and programs folder over to the extracted windows install media, recreated it into an iso, launched bootcamp assistant. The first thing it does on this macbook pro2015 is ask for an iso, not give you the option of usb. When selecting my windows 10 iso it still says this mac only supports a 64bit image of windows 8 or above.
edit: Well, turns out I was right. The boot.wim has nvda compressed already. Removing the programs folder fixed this.

2016-01-25 01:50:00

Well now I'm hit with a new problem, nit seems like nvda won't start. My usb audio device, the yeti, doesn't require drivers, so I know it can't be a soundcard issue. But it looks like I'm not gettin another chance to boot using the iso again. Bootcamp did it once, but it doesn't look like there's a way to boot off that iso.

2016-01-26 11:06:36

Think I'll hold off on this until this is more stable.  For now I grabbed a copy of 10 and put it on a jump drive with the media creation tool from Microsoft.

2016-01-26 21:10:35

I'll try to dig into the win81penvda source and see if i can update it. My knolidge is limited, so it might not even happen, but we'll see where it goes.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-01-29 00:13:23 (edited by criticview 2016-01-29 00:20:21)

Hi

Just a quick update... I've been trying the last few days to get a new Win10PENVDA up and running, but that's way easyer said than done big_smile I've had a few images working, but they still had some minor annoyances. I'm not giving up though, and as soon as something worth mentioning gets out of my pc, a new topic will be made to reflect that. The main issue i'm having is that the reviewing of the screen is not working yet, and I have no idea why. Other than that, I've added a few apps here and there, and I hope that once it's all finished ... someone at least likes it.
New apps include:
- Firefox as the new default browser
- Two key finders
- Easybcd (so finally you will be able to trash your boot configuration smile )
- FileZilla (ftp transfers made easyer)
- A tool to format (usb)disks up to 2tb into fat32 (yay)
- Partition assistant pro because the home one doesn't like gpt
- Update ntsetup 3 to the latest version
- And probably a few things i forgot ...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-02-04 11:00:35 (edited by criticview 2016-02-04 11:03:06)

Hi everyone

A quick update: i'm allmost there. I'm still struggeling with one app, and the administrative login (it seems that that's the reason why screen review doesn't work). It mainly has to do with the "system session" being in the way and stuff. Not giving up though... big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-02-05 14:30:47

Criticview, are you also gonna make a version compatible with bootcamp? When copying the boot.wim out of this and placing it into the windows 10 64bit iso I downloaded from Ms, repplacing the original, that's when osx recognized it as a valid image. However, even with my yeti plugged in, when it cam time for the mac to boot into windows install, there was no speech. All I copied out of the p e was boot.wim. Problem is that I had to start over, because it seems like osx doesn't give you a second chance to boot into windows install via the iso once you have an existing bootcamp partition. If it does, I'd like to know. It definitely isn't working when I try booting from a cd using my usb cd drive, it just sits there.

2017-05-12 09:42:14

Hello to all. I had a proverbial breakthrough if you will. LOL So for the longest time I had trouble booting USB drives on both of my machines. But then one day it hit me. Why not check out the recover options in win 10 itself?  So I clicked on the restart now to view advanced settings. So both of my laptops restarted and I hit the down arrow key on both of them and sure enough, I had narrator  up and running. I have not tried these images but this was with a flash drive containing the win 10 creator's update.

2017-05-15 02:56:14

well, curious, why build it with NVDA if narrator apparently works with it. I have not tried it yet but that is what has been said about the windows 10 creators update. I was able to run narrator and installed it successfully when I upgraded from 8.1 though.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2017-05-15 05:21:58

Yes, Narrator does work in windows 10 creator update. I've tried boot off of my USB installer

2017-05-15 20:18:45

I may have been a bit off on the previous post.... Maybe I had to hit the down arrow and then enter then do it again. I'm not 100 percent sure. But the latest  windows 10 creator's  update you can use with narrator to install it.  I even wiped my hard drive with it.

2017-05-16 03:02:00

What exactly is Windows 10 Creator's Update?

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2017-05-17 15:17:46

It's the second release of windows anniversary update last year.

2017-05-18 02:20:40

Hi,
There is no need for this since we can use narrator during the install of windows 10 or windows 8 or above.

2017-05-19 03:05:09

I thought you could use Narrator with Win7 too?  I did it several years back...

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?