2017-05-14 15:21:41

My guess is use carriers. Carry all your smaller ships inside several large ones, catapult the large ships to the desired destination, and offload all your tiny ships and attack. Not sure though.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-05-14 16:15:05

hi. I've got a frigate now but I didn't see any option to load one of my ships into the available docking bay. on the other hand it seems that the missions option has completely dissappeared from the main menu of options and I can't find an other way to get one. It's odd because yesterday the option was there and now it isn't. I think it might be a bug and I hope it will be solved soon. I am sure it's not the device's fault, I've checked on ios and on desctop and the option is still missing.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-05-14 16:37:09

what can they have fighters?

2017-05-14 17:18:50

When I mentioned fleets I meant how if a large ship was too fast it could plough through a factions defences quicker than they could get reinforcements.

The bays on a ship are so other people in your faction can dock so you can travel together, although we did have the idea of being able to hire mercs that could fill these slots for a price for a set period of time, and would undock and fight in battle situations.

2017-05-14 17:21:53

well why not have npc fighter wings and npc capital ships? the npc's aren't ever going to be as effective as player chars but it would certainly be good to have them.

2017-05-14 18:00:34

Hi Darren, the NPCs are already self organising, so you could find this type of thing in the game.

2017-05-14 18:34:46

@textspaced what about my problem with the missions not appearing in the main menu? is this a bug or do I have to search in an other menu to find this item?

Stephen King

2017-05-14 18:41:08

@mastodont The mission menu seems to be showing fine with no reported bugs. The only reason it may not be showing is that you are currently disowned, as you have left your faction or been kicked. You cannot do missions in this state as you need an affiliation; so would need to join a faction.

2017-05-14 18:49:28

oh so that might be the problem then. I left my faction since I was the only member thinking that I will be able to do missions after that. well, if anyone needs a member in their faction just give me the name and I will join. I don't understand why you can't do missions if you aren't affiliated to a faction since you would be doing them for the gov not for the faction.

Stephen King

2017-05-14 19:30:02

The main reason is karma, as the missions you decide to do will affect this and karma is both individual and faction wide. Also statistics, actions, bans and a few other things are related to your faction.

2017-05-14 21:41:55

so what about if you have made your own faction?

2017-05-15 06:20:37

Hey hey! Sorry if this is a totaly stupid question, but: Is it possible to play the game by using for example the Miranda-facebook-addon?
The game sounds very interesting. But i am not a big fan of playing games in a browser.

2017-05-15 08:12:54

If you have made your own faction it is fine Darren, it's just the case where you leave without joining a faction or get kicked.

I don't think Miranda will work firefly as I doubt it will show the menu items correctly.

2017-05-15 13:42:25

Would it give you all too much work if the game accepted typed input and not only menu input for the options? That way, instead of needing to go through "Helm." -> "Dock", you could only type in "Dock" and the game would understand it and do it if possible or say that you cannot do it if not. That way, you all could even give an alternative play method to people who don't like the Facebook Messenger, such as Firefly82. Note that this is not my case, but it could be something to think about...

2017-05-15 14:22:09

woho, wait, wait big_smile
how does the game determent my gender? , on my facebook account I set my gender as male, but the game detect me as a sweet cheeks ur I mean female big_smile or is it random?, if it is, I will delete the game account and try to recreate a new one
its really a nice game so far, keep it up smile
and yeah, on the helm, I select mining, then select the best mineral, after that, I got an unwritten mesege, and another mesege with "or cancel" in it, is that mean my ship is moveing?

2017-05-15 15:43:51

yeah it's random and I must admit to really not liking that part of it.

as for the suggestion for typing in commands personally I think that's brilliant! I've been thinking about that for the passed day or 2 but hadn't considered how best to request/word the request.

I do want to request though more additional help files. for example, explaining how you level what the levels mean for example, also what is meant by devision. in my settings and stats it says that I'm in division nical whatever that is but there's nothing in the game help to even point to a hint of what this is.

2017-05-15 19:27:32

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. The typing commands would be tricky at the moment, we're only two weeks into the public alpha but will investigate this for a future release.

In terms of characters, they are not random but decided on a hash of your public Facebook ID, which is just a long numeric code. If you delete your account and started again you would get the same character.

We are working on adding new FAQs to the help centre, I have made one about divisions which you can view here: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … 5003262089

2017-05-15 20:49:55

so I have to play as a female, then?
well its ok I guess. big_smile

2017-05-15 21:42:52

Now one question: When known planets where I've landed before say that there is a type of shield preventing my landing, how can I remove that shield? Only capturing the planet?

Thanks!

2017-05-15 22:20:19

ok so the divisions, in the helpfile it mentiones rewards are these rewards credit rewards or resources or what? also how do you actually level up? what adds to your score

2017-05-16 11:04:01

Hi supermalavox, we do plan to add planetary shield structures but haven't yet, I suspect you have discovered an energy planet which is quite rare, these are really good to mine.

@darren When you are promoted you receive a credit reward.

Your character level can be seen within settings > my stats and is the combination of all of your skills, of which your best ones are highlighted. To improve skills continue performing its related actions, for instance if you want to improve your mining skills, continue mining, to improve your trading skill, buy and sell more. You can also buy books to improve skills which your character may choose to read at any point.

This type of levelling system allows you to pursue the path you desire.

2017-05-16 14:37:56

ok so you don't actually make the char read the books they just come across them when and as they like?

2017-05-16 14:39:24

Correct Darren.

2017-05-16 17:50:49

there as a game I used to play, it was called a living universe. in it, 1 of the things you could do was to post advertisements for things wanted or for products etc that you could sell. admittedly the products for sale were crafted from base resources. I was wondering if you were going to implement something along those lines for traders?

speaking of trading, I don't really see how that works as I can't seem to buy anything from merchant stations. unless I'm missing something here?

2017-05-17 11:52:43

Hi Darren, we are certainly considering many different ways of doing this at the moment - especially for weapon crafting.

Also, apologies supermalavox, it appears that development has started on the planetary shield structure, so you must be connected to an early release of this.

Also just as an update, Facebook have said that the behaviour of Voice Over for iOS not reading the buttons is expected behaviour, I have contested this and they will get back to be. You can see the thread here: https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/1329560923804217