2017-05-12 19:22:25

Yeah the random race assignment kind of made me sad because I was looking forwards to playing a droid. tongue Finally got to do a mission though, for 100something credits in 4 hours...mining seems far more profitable than cargo transfer, at least until I can get a larger ship.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-05-12 23:25:04

I onder though are missions related to stats and standings?

2017-05-12 23:31:51

so I just bought a book. it was way cheap. but there didn't seem to be any information about the book apart from the title. what are books for how can I read them and do they do anything?

2017-05-13 09:07:21

hi. I love the game sofar but I have a problem. I have the over 500 credits and I want to buy a scout. I've docked at a shipwright but when I hit the buy button I get only a few ships which are higher classes like the fighter and the cruiser, the scout is not in the list. what can I do about that?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-05-13 10:07:01

Okay, I'm going to try the Messenger version on Android, with my Braille Note Touch, which runs Android 4.4.2. It is a device which allows the blind to read screen in Braille, although it is very expensive, $6500, so only the rich and those in good standing with their rehabilitation counsellors can purchase it easily. Anyways, I'll report back when I try it.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-05-13 10:16:38

I'm bout 2000 rl hours from a shipright lol so I'm screwed unless people want to start building them?

2017-05-13 11:32:12

well i've managed to find the scout, when I entered an other list of ships appeared, I guess it's random. however the problem is that I don't have a buy button, I hit more info, I can read the ship's details but under it i have no options. writing anything in the message box and sending it returns me to the previous menu, the one with buy, switch and undock. any help would be appreciated.

Stephen King

2017-05-13 12:09:42

@darren The character is uniquely assigned to your Facebook profile so cannot be changed, but we do plan to add the facility to change the character name at a credit cost.

The missions aren't related to stats but some missions are related to your ship. For example the cargo transfer missions will only show missions in which you can physically fit the cargo into your hold, so the bigger hold you have on your ship the more selection you will see. They are also based on location, being between stations (effectively a trade route) has a much higher chance of transfers missions to offer.

The books are one way to improve skills, if your character decides to read one a skill will increase. Characters tend to read books if they interested in them, for example if your character is the battle-hardened android she may not be interested in interior ship carpeting. However if the character gets really bored he or she may choose to read it still.

@Soul Keeper Indeed, the missions are created by the NPC factions themselves, so no human input, but they vary in reward depending on the type of cargo, the amount and the distance to be transported.

@Mastodont The stock at the shipwright like all merchants is refreshed once an hour, the buy button should be shown after you select more info about a ship, I take it this is not appearing for you?

2017-05-13 12:11:44

yep deffinitely not appearing on the desctop version. I will try it now on the ios version and report back soon.

Stephen King

2017-05-13 12:14:21

I've just checked and on IOS the buy button is there.

Stephen King

2017-05-13 12:45:09

Yeah that buy button not appearing thing happened to me as well; it randomly fixed itself when I tried a few hours later, not that that helps any.

So I want to start building things soon, but I do have a question before I do. For the resource costs listed in the blueprints, do I have to have all of them at once? or can I slowly finish the construction with small material deliveries? Basically do I need a bigger ship or can I build a hideout with a scout?

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-05-13 13:24:58

Hi Soul Keeper that's unfortunate, it's strange because we don't send any different commands it's Facebook that changes those type of things, but we can continue to investigate.

In terms of building, for the first structure you will need to have the resources in your hold. This means a big ship or a ship with cargo extensions. The hideout is a personal structure so any resources you put in there remain private to use. The normal process for a large structure is to use an engineer ship and build a mining platform.

Once you have structures when you build the resources will be combined with what's in your hold and what is inside faction structures, this is the main draw of being in a faction.

2017-05-13 14:20:39

so could you not get into my account and make it so my char is male instead? I say that because it seems a bit silly to have the gender randomly generated. I don't mind the rest of it being random but I would have liked to have chosen the gender.

in addition, how can you tell if 1 your char is bored and 2 if they have read any of the books you have bought? also is there a button or any way of telling what books give what skills?

2017-05-13 14:21:47

oh also what are the channels for in game the comms channels how are they used?

2017-05-13 14:44:53

Oh, that's cool, thanks. Engineer ship? How expensive are those? Actually, is there a ship chart somewhere with prices and stats? Shipwrights appear to be kind of remote, so I'd rather not have to sit somewhere for several hours trying to find a ship only to discover I can't afford it.

2017-05-13 16:07:58

Yes, the engineer is pricey, 80,000 credits. We do have a help centre that has an article about ships and we plan to keep adding more FAQs; although thinking about it now the chart is an image so don't know how helpful that would be: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … 3609-Ships

You'll be able to tell if your character is bored by the things he or she says, the same for running out of water or feeling ill etcetera.

We went for the RUST game like model of characters so we can't change characters for people, in the future we plan to expand this further to set other attributes. We know this is a polarising decision but we thought it would lend better to the game if players had to play the hand they were dealt.

The channels are for near real-time communication, so for example you could arrange with your faction to meet on a certain channel. In experience we've actually seen this not used very much however, so we may remove it.

Thanks again for playing and all your questions, happy to help and continue developing our roadmap for the future.

2017-05-13 20:16:46

Why does it take so long to travel places. why did you pick to use rl time? I have got over 1,900 hours to travel to drop of mining stuff.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2017-05-13 20:19:50

hi,

images won't work with screen readers. html tables would be alright though.

any news on the issue I mentioned with regards to navigation and the IOS messenger app?

2017-05-13 20:21:01

lol I would click on near by if I were you or structures and try that instead you must be able to find something nearer.

2017-05-13 22:25:40 (edited by Soul Keeper 2017-05-13 22:26:36)

I actually don't mind this sort of casual gaming experience -- set your character to do something, go do something more important, and come back in a few minutes, or a few hours, whenever you have the time, and have your character do something else. It's just a different way of playing games; not for everyone, but making things universal is usually pretty difficult anyway. Scraping up the credits for the engineer ship is going to suck, but I think I've got a pretty solid plan worked out for how to do it. Then it's just exploring the universe for a cool planet to live on and my construction can begin! Bwahahaha--ahem, excuse me, got a little carried away there. Anyway, I was kind of curious about development on the game. Is it actively being worked on in terms of content? If it is, are there change logs, or some sort of way to be alerted of changes to the game?

2017-05-14 00:30:08

well I've already got nearly a couple thousand credits in the bank. i haven't as yet gotten a new ship because to be honest a shipright is just too far away from where I am at the moment. so I'm just working as much as I can making credits until I can find somewhere that's close enough to get to.

2017-05-14 10:48:04

@hurst You must have picked somewhere very far away, or have a very slow ship, or maybe both but the travel times should be in minutes. Your best bet would be to look in the local area first, the NPC factions have full anatomy to build new structures just like players, so even if there is not a station around now, there may be soon. The travel times are set in a way to make it compelling to use catapults or fit afterburners if you wish to get places fast and to stop large ships from being able to decimate fleets too quickly. We feel it also adds to the strategic side of the game.

@darren Facebook although acknowledging the ticket haven't provided a solution yet.

@Soul Keeper yes you are exactly right, we've always designed the game to be something you play in boring meetings or in loading screens of other games as something that just keeps going. Indeed the game is being actively worked on and you can see the updates here: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … ouncements

We also post the same updates within the Computer > News menu

We have lots of ideas for what we want to add, and continue to add new content (in particular more text) but want it to be very community driven, at the moment we have our first poll on the feature we should work on next, and it can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niCFhJHW9WU

With the options being:

Weapon crafting
Terra-forming
New structure (bar)
New mission type

2017-05-14 12:26:42

I'd vote terraforming, just for the awesome lore implications that has. I mean how is it done? How does it work? How has it been used before? Think of all the stuff you could do with the ability to alter planets. With enough money, people could make like system-wide minefields by purposely altering planet composition to be very unstable, or have fleets of terraforming ships for land battles to slowly make the terrain advantageous to them. Those are military applications, but then you could have stuff like in hitchhikers, people who design planets and sell them to people, whether that is a planet in the shape of your face, or a planet meant to maximize some sort of mineral resource, etc. I mean everything else sounds awesome too, but there's just so much you could do with terraforming, and nott just from a mechanics perspective.
Speaking of weapon crafting though, does textspaced have any of my favorite weapon -- the grey goo?

2017-05-14 12:39:05

At the moment we don't have any planetary bombardment weapons, or world ending weapons but do plan to add these type of weapons eventually.

Terra-forming at least to begin with won't be that involved, and will be the facility to effectively upgrade a planet using organic matter, so turning a barren planet into a garden world for example. It could be interesting if people paid you for this service though, hmmm...

2017-05-14 14:50:14

what about colonising missions and you can have taxation on colonies within your faction? then once you have enough colonists you can create jobs for them IE ship building or mining for the faction.

by the way how can you control a fleet if you can only use 1 ship at a time?