2015-05-19 04:10:18 (edited by Xvordan 2017-05-13 15:13:19)

Here's a page I wrote containing most of the Mortal Kombat X menus. It's a work in progress, so bookmark it and return to the page to see any updates.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2015-05-19 10:10:39

Hi Kai.
Wow, really, wow... Dude, you are awesome, fantastic Work! All this Work is really worth a donation!
I didn't know all that is available in the mk games. Yeah, I know that's from the last MK game, but most of it must also have been in the previous games. You know, all those Things are not something which people talk about, but just asumes all people know. This guide has really made a huge change at leased for me. There ar so many Things which I even haven't heard about before, and other Things which have got me so interested to look up more information on, to see what's all about.
You should contact Sightless kombat, the guy WHO have made the MK guide in the articles room to have your guides melted together. Here is the link to his guide:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=15812
That would be nice, so we don't just end up with lots of different guides at different Places.
Ashley, is she normally sighted, or how can she help that much with the menus?
Your guide have left me with a ton of questions about a lot of features in the game. smile I'll see how much I can figure out on my own, but I'll ask a lot of questions later on for sure. big_smile
keep up your fantastic Work.
By the way, I have a ps4 guide in working Progress. I won't promice anything regarding to when it's ready, but it is comming.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-05-19 11:21:50 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2015-05-19 12:18:47)

@xoren
Well, I must say, I'm impressed, that's a very in-depth guide.

@SLJ
I was thinking the same thing, though I was going to write my own menus out again anyway.  I don't really want to just take his work and take the credit for it at all, although it would save me the time and effort of re-writing everything.  As for your point about multiple guides in different places, that's not an uncommon site to see on places like
GameFAQs

@xoren
if you would be willing to provide your opinion on this, then that'd be much appreciated.  As we both seem to have our own unique styles of writing out menus (with yours being far more in-depth in comparison to the ones on the guide SLJ linked to), it might just be better for me to write my own out again.  If however you don't mind, I could use your guide as a template and re-map/re-write it, putting your name in the credits as something like "<name> for writing out a more in-depth menu guide which I used as a template") or similar.

Let me know what you think and keep up the good work.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-05-21 12:59:30

@Sightless Kombat: I'm completely fine with you reusing the data from my menu guide -- I write it there for the community, after all. In turn, I'll probably have to borrow from your tutorials walkthrough, just so I don't have to get sighted assistance for that part all over again.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2015-05-21 13:32:07

@kai
Thanks for your response.  If i use your data to re-write my menus would you want a credit?

Just checking is all.  That's fine, you can use that transcription as a basis, but I'd suggest writing your own annotations instead of using my ones as they really only seem to make sense to me sometimes big_smile

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-07-13 16:39:45

Hi.
Is this guide still being worked on? I need this shortly since I've just bought the game, and I'm currently waiting for it to download to my ps4. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-07-13 19:37:05

I can't speak for Kai's guide, but mine (not really in terms of menus, at the moment, but in terms of other content) is still being updated - take a look at the topic in the articles room and you'll see what I mean hopefully.

I will help where I canand if I can, and I'm sure other mkx players will do the same.
Hope the install process etc works out for you.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-07-14 08:14:17

Thank you very much. Yeah installing the game onto my ps4 took a while because of the extreme size, but went without any issues.
I need to look at your awesome guide in Internet explorer in Windows, because the menus are very difficult to read on my Mac using Safari. It's like all the line brakes are missing, so it's very difficult to see what's the sub menus. It would be very helpful for me at leased if you can make the menus like Kais or something simular. If I copy the menus into a text document, then it's the same. I really, really enjoy your guide, and I might be able to come up with something to add. It seems as there are many more things which you could add to the guide, which I really hope you'll take the time to do in the future. Keep up the fantastic work. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2017-05-13 14:45:20

Hey Xoren, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you throw this back up? Usually i have all of these menus saved on dropbox, but i misplaced this one, thanks.

2017-05-13 15:16:01

Bloody Dropbox. I never actually took the page down, but DB changed their link policies, and I forgot to update the link details for this one. The original link in the first post should now work. I'm sorry to say that I doubt I'll work more on it, though. Ever since the PC fiasco, my interest in MKX has waned, and even though they eventually fixed it, it's too little, too late for me, and I've already moved on to other titles.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-05-13 15:37:39

I understand. I got it for xbox one, but had the original vanilla version for pc, before the xl update came out. Needless to say, when i downloaded it from steam recently, i realized i didn't have xl installed, and was missing some characters. I won't pay for it again, lol. I'm not a fan of how the companys make you double-dip for something you already purchased. Why couldn't NRS make XL a free update? That point has already been beaten to death, so i will refrain.

2017-05-13 18:11:26

I'd like to see this walkthrough? also i have trouble memorizing the moves due them them being coded like lp for left punch etc is there any other recommendations for learning the moves on particular chars?

2017-05-13 18:25:48

waht setting do i need for the accessibility funtion of mkx nad injustice would that be the interactive sounds on? ting?

2017-05-13 21:32:20

Hi.
Michael, at leased for injustice, there is an ini file where you can enable the accessibility option by changing the value.
I think in mK X it's under game play and enable audible feedback or accessibility mode, I am not sure what the correct name was, but it's clear when someone reads it out to you or if you see it.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-13 21:37:54

It's also in the mk config file.

2017-05-13 23:41:25

Hi.
Ok, haven't seen the config file yet, good to know.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-31 02:12:35

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox My tag is clothingwharf36 looking for somone to play with online. seems like when i join a party people are dicks. not sure why. maybe it cause im not that good or what.