2017-05-12 19:29:50

Hi!
Can anybody help me in making a form like the game called ultrapower in which I can write that I can create?

2017-05-12 20:29:03

hello,
get my input library from
here
and use it
if you have any questions, you can ask

2017-05-12 20:40:01

Where are the letters?

2017-05-13 19:53:23

get_characters() parses them
look at the else block

2017-09-07 04:54:21

Hi!
if you have the base utra power, you cant  send to mi?
tanks

2017-09-07 08:26:04

But i give your me. Can you tell me the skype address?

2017-09-07 14:36:15

hi!
it is
joao_mendes77
tanks

2017-09-07 22:37:02

Oh god -- we're going to suffer another god damn ultrapower clone. If you guys 'remember', Mason explicitly told us -- all of us -- not to develop any more of those. But I'll remind you, in case any of you have forgotten -- stop developing these. All they've caused are problems: problem after problem after problem, argument after argument after argument, and flamewar after flamewar after flamewar. So please, learn when not to do something and when to do something. This is not something you should be doing. (I might be interpreting the messages wrong here, but this definitely sounds like your going to be using the ultrapower codebase, however you got it.)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-09-08 07:11:44

if I want to play a similar game I will do it myself.

2017-09-08 14:43:34

@9, if you want to make a game that's a clone of ultrapower then I'd advise you to never publish it -- to anyone. Hell, get rid of it and forget about it. If you want to make a game that is similar to ultrapower but has different mechanics and other differences, then you better make it pretty non-clone-like, otherwise people are going to get bitchy about it and accuse you of cloning ultrapower and all I'll say is 'I hate to say but I told you so'.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-09-08 14:48:17

hey no no
i dont want  to clone it
i  can look

2017-09-08 20:46:10

@victor01, I don't know if even looking at the source code is okay or not. I don't even know if it's legal, since Mason has neither authorized the distribution of the source code of ultrapower nor has he declared it as an open-source product.

My Github

2017-09-27 03:37:18

Ethin, I don't think you realize what cloning actually is. If the source code is used, the exact code is compiled again and set up as a new game, that's a clone. If somebody simply creates a game that is almost exactly the same but if they code it them self, they are not cloning, they are copying ideas yes, but not cloning. Just thought i'd clear that up.
I personally don't see why multiplayer sidescrolling pvp things should be banned, i actually quite enjoyed ultrapower, just because drama went down with masen shouldn't mean another developer should be banned from creating a simular game. I can see why taking source would be frowned upon or not allowed on here, but why should an entire type of game be ferbidden on here just because of something that happened with one developer.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-27 09:08:50

What happens with these so called developers you're talking about is that they copied the leaked source code as is and then tried to understand what's inside so that they can create similar weapons, change the game's name, logo and such. What makes me laugh is that although Ultra Power's code was leaked, the same happened with Beyond the Bullet, one of its clones, and with City Mass, the clone of BTB. So imagine people who stole CM's code and messed with it were actually cloning the clone of a clone! Keep it up, blind kids, and don't complain if you see mainstream developers who were actually wanting to make an accessible games, change their minds because of your great and responsible actions!

2017-09-27 18:00:59

@Rory, no, it is you who does not know what a clone is, it seems. Wiktionary defines a clone as "a copy or imitation of something already existing, especially when designed to simulate it," though it also describes it as either "a living organism (originally a plant) produced asexually from a single ancestor, to which it is genetically identical" and "A group of identical cells derived from a single cell"; Wikipedia defines a clone as "a hardware or software system that is designed to function in the same way as another system." As such, while it is true that a clone is an exact copy of another system, it does not have to be an exact copy of a game to make the game be a clone or contain a clone of something. In particular, if the game has a combat system that mirrors another, then the game may not be a direct clone, but an indirect one because it has the same combat system as another; the same applies to anything else that is cloned.

My Github

2017-09-29 01:40:14

Just gonna hop in and clear a few things up:

1. Manamon is a pokemon clone. It's not identical, but it's got so so many similarities that you can call it a clone. This doesn't make it instantly illegal, and doesn't make it an instantly bad game. Many clones of specific games are actually great in their own right.
2. If UltraPower's code base has been deemed off limits, and its source code is not distributed as open-source, then passing around Ultra Power code is technically illegal. Just don't do it.
3. A side-scrolling shooter like UltraPower would not be illegal, on this forum or elsewhere, so long as it used its own code. The problem is that many of them just try and borrow Ultra Power stuff and cut out a lot of the legwork. That's where the problem lies.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1