2017-05-09 16:14:29

Hello.
I live in Ukraine. A lot of time, I choose the country to move. But I can't decide. Help me please!
In this post I will tell you what I need, also will tell my current conclusions.
I need:
1. A country with a large population;
2. Freedom;
3. No discrimination against people with disabilities;
4. The lack of age restrictions. That is a country where children can communicate freely with adults and adults with children, where children roam freely on the streets, and no kidnappings, murders, etc.;
5. A country where many children;
6. Clean. A little trash and a good ecology;
7. Temperate climate, it can be a little hotter;
8. A country where people work is not the most important thing in life, where material is not more important than the spiritual, family, friends;
9. A lot of things for the blind. Sound lights etc.;
10. The country where people are serious about the work. Good service, good police work, a little corruption and so on.
My conclusions:
Russia:
According to the law, no discrimination against people with disabilities is freedom, but in fact a lot of discrimination, people are bad to each other, there is no freedom, a lot of corruption.
If I does not find the country, then I will go to Russia. Because the mentality is closer to me.
USA:
A good country! There is no discrimination, there is freedom, but I've heard that for people in this country the material above the spiritual, immigrants very much. I heard that in the US, a lot of crime, just kill, etc.
I heard that people in the US don't open that in the US it is very difficult to find good true friends.
I was in the US, but did not fully know this country.
Germany:
Good country, lots of pros, but I've heard a lot of things wrong.
For example, women are very fond of piercings, that in Germany people are not sociable, don't go to each other's homes, which is very difficult to find friends.
In Germany I was surprised by the attitude towards people with disabilities.
England:
Love England because of the books, popular detectives, of course, because of Harry Potter, due to the fact that in England the monarchy, but England has disadvantages.
London is very dirty, people are not sociable.
Please give me advice.
Will notice that is very important to me that people were sociable, and it was possible to find good and loyal friends.
Please, sorry my english!
Thanks in advance!

2017-05-09 18:34:30

This topic, and the USA topic should be murged into one... and I'm not sure how seriously I am supposed to take this, but I will tell you off the bat that according to your conditions, no such country exists that meets all of them. A few, maybe, but not all of them...

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-09 19:08:05

Not necessarily all conditions must be met 100%. At least partially

2017-05-09 19:09:25

Greetings Jonikster.

Assault_freak is right and presently, there is no such country here on earth because man thinks it's okay to hurt man and impose sanctions against man. Such is against the ideology and God given command to walk your way in peace and non-retaliation in all situations and only be loving, kind, merciful and compassionate to all be they true or untrue. Only in heaven is such a thing viable. As for earth, you will have to either find people in your area who think and act that way AKA find a community or build one yourself with said people. For more information, you might like to click on the website in my profile. It is not mine but it explains the philosophy I subscribe to and will help you in your current endeavor.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2017-05-09 19:58:26

Well, I think that not everything is so critical.
I heard that for example in New Zealand, people are very kind.
If we talk about the United States, then people there are very good, but their work is the most important thing in life.

2017-05-09 20:22:04

Those are all generalizations... you will find kind people in every country, and you will find discrimination in some form or another in any country. In america or at least in Canada, work is definitely not the most important thing in everyone's lives... some, maybe, but you will find other people who work so they can enjoy life even more. Work is not their life and all there is to it.

2017-05-09 20:31:39 (edited by Jeffb 2017-05-09 20:35:01)

Sounds like you are seeking a utopia. Good luck with that. Where ever you go there will be some nasty people. That doesn't mean everyone is bad but you do have to watch out for yourself where ever you go. As for people always killing in the US it’s not like everyone here owns a weapon and you have a western shoot out every day at 5. Sure there is crime but where ever you have a large population of people you are going to have crime. There is just no getting around that. I'd suggest you'd change your criteria for where you want to live. If you don't want discrimination you should try somewhere less populated. Finding a lot of things for the blind is also not very realistic because sadly we live in a visual world. Some countries might have more audio cross works, or things to help blind people more than other countries but still the amount of things like that are low. For example I had to fight for years to get an audio cross light near me so I could take the bus to school. It only got in after state officials saw nearly 2 accidents happening at that intersection. What you’re seeking as others said only exists in heaven.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-05-09 20:53:42

To be fair, for a developed country, the US has much more crime and gun control issues than other countries like the UK, or Canada, its northern neighbour, though crime exists in those countries as well. Like you said, anywhere there is a big population, crime exists in one form or another.

2017-05-11 11:58:48

Tj, good topic with index, though I will note in terms of disability discrimination the uk is not quite as forward as some might think, indeed I was reading a united nations report on the subject published in February of 2017 that stated despite the 2010 disability discrimination act, actually fewer disabled are equal in terms of income, social opportunities, availability of jobs etc.
Again I can find that believable with the culture of austerity and a lot of the portrayal of disabled people as "scroungers" there has been here recently.

Not to say it's as bad as some places, all we have a good transport system with probably better disabled access than some parts of Europe and north America , but perfect it certainly is not.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-11 13:13:21 (edited by CAE_Jones 2017-05-11 13:17:53)

English tip: You say

[edit] I got post-cut-short-bug'd. I notice that the cut-off point is the first quotation mark, and I had to answer a punstop question. When I went back to repost, I did not get apunstop question. I'm wondering if maybe the quotation marks aren't being properly escaped when passing through the punstopper? [/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-05-11 13:14:22

English tip: You say "a little" in some places, when you probably meant just "little". If you say "I prefer a little", it means that you prefer some, instead of none. When you say I prefer little more", it means you prefer none, but can accept a small amount if necessary.
It's a small thing, but it almost reverses the meaning. So when you said "Clean, a little trash", it means that perfectly clean would be bad, whereas, if you had said "clean, little trash", it would mean you want the least amount of trash that is possible.

If you find a country that fits your requirements, please tell us. smile You basically described Heaven, or at least Planet Seva. (Note: this book is out of print.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-05-12 01:24:35

There actually are an unsettling amount of people in the US who believe that work defines you; that is, you are what you do, and everything you are is secondary. It's rather disturbing. Maybe it's just the area I grew up in, I have no idea, but I seem to encounter them on a much more frequent and frustrating basis than I would like. People who turn their noses up at a person who doesn't have a job are pretty common where I come from. However, just like there are cities, or entire countries, where things might subjectively be considered better or worse, it's also true that one person's heaven is another person's hell. The impression I'm getting from this topic, as well as other similar ones posted by the OP in the past, is that you are longing for a place where all your problems would disappear. I suggest, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, although it might not come off that way in text, that you should try to make peace with what you have now. Sit down and really reflect on what it is that you enjoy about your current situation. Even if it is just the simple fact that you have a roof over your head, or that you have people around you who love you, think about what you would miss if you were to leave for this mythical dream place you seek. I guarantee that there would be something, and maybe even more somethings than you currently see at the moment. Now that you've done that, it should be easier to prioritize what you really want, as opposed to that lush green grass you see on the other side of the fence as you sit and pine for things unseen. I think that once you've achieved a balance, or at the very least, made peace with what you currently have, things will be much clearer, and you'll be able to start organizing the logistics of just how you're going to make your situation better.

This is by no means an overnight process. Hell, I'm currently in a stagnant situation that I personally see no way out of. So I do get it, on a primal level. We all want what we can't have. For me, it's more about emotional connections that I've lost, as well as the connections that I do have being strained and unsupportive, which manifest themselves as a need to flee RIGHT NOW! But for some reason I'm still here, and there's a reason you're still where you are too. Perhaps, by me taking the time to write out this long post, we can all make sense of the things that bother us, at least in some way that helps us get through the day.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-05-12 14:13:04

I believe that the United States is very suitable for me. But I am confused by the following facts:
1. Americans easily treat friends. Americans easily drop their friends and find new ones. I want a good relationship between friends for a long time.
2. Americans think that work is more important than anything else.
TJT1234, I agree with you about the population!
Guys, still, help with advice! Among us, many are blind, among us there are residents of Australia, the USA, Canada.
I live in Ukraine, and in the next countries there is a lot of discrimination. I believe that the USA can approach me, but I am afraid for those facts, which I mentioned earlier.

2017-05-12 14:24:07

The USA is a country in which there are 50 states and the District of Columbia. I think that there are states where there is not that, about what I spoke above. But I doubt it.
From childhood, I was in love with 3 countries. USA, England and Russia.
USA for the fact that many people live in houses in nature, for freedom, for lack of discrimination!
England for detectives, for what I learned about her from the books of Agatha Christie and other detectives, from Harry Potter. I love the history of England, namely knights and kings!
I like Russia most of all. For the fact that I have a Russian soul, for the history of Russia, for princes, kings, impirators, for the Soviet Union! The Soviet Union for people was very similar to what is now in the US in that people were kind to each other, it was clean, it was good. Now in Russia, discrimination, lack of freedom!

2017-05-12 15:09:04

Oh no no no no. If you think the Soviet Union and the US were alike, then you need to check the history of both countries again... there is definitely discrimination in both, and both are far from total freedom and lack of discrimination. Again, there is no such country.

2017-05-12 15:41:02

You do not understand. I said that the attitude of people to each other in the USSR was similar to what is now in the US

2017-05-12 16:06:29

Sorry if I misunderstood. But from what I know, even the USSR was not very like the US in terms of attitude and the way people treated each other. At least, not on the international level...

2017-05-12 16:45:45

@Turtlepower, thumbs up for a great post. I will say myself that while my own cultural alienation in Britain is still evident, I am far less bothered by it simply because I'm now married t and living with my best friend, who ironically says the same thing about America.

Actually I have noticed the best times in my life in terms of acceptance have been around small institutions or communities, not hole countries at all, eg, when I was at university as an undergraduate, or when I go to music school each summer, or when I have been involved in a stage production.

indeed ultimately I'd say it's a matter of finding a community of accepting people wherever you are that is the problem, which is a pretty country independent thing, or rather each country has it's own cultural set of collective assumptions, (though increasingly with western multinational capitalism the collectives are one), and it's only by finding a small group insulated from that that you will actually get ahead. Of course finding such a group is the problem, indeed I do recall someone saying university is unlike any other environment being as you have a lot of people together who drop their cultural assumptions, then pick them up again when they go into the rat race and start concentrating on accumulating cash, accumulating status,  or accumulating offspring, all of which are pretty much things which in western culture  disabled people generally and blind people in particular are barred from.

Moral of the story, the world is bloody awful wherever you go so find someone nice to be with and tell the world to go jump in a lake!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-12 21:42:17

Greetings.

It isn't the country or place or space where you currently reside or indeed where you wish to reside; more important are those who you fellowship with. If you want change, let the first change come from you; then the rest will follow. Become a dar es salaam AKA haven of peace and eventually, you'll be surrounded with like-minded people. Surround yourself with light workers AKA those who make you happy; they can be found in any and every country, city, state, town and any place you care to name. For more information, go to the website in my profile.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2017-05-13 03:06:29

TJT1234, you are in many ways right. But:
1. About Ukraine, in any case I will leave Ukraine. Because I feel that this country is foreign to me.
Later you can not think about moving, because you need to know everything in advance. To have time to learn the language, and some other preparatory processes.
2. There is no point in writing to immigration departments, because information about immigration to any country can be read on the Internet.
3. Besides work, I'm interested in studying. But I could work part-time in Colifornia. But to move to Colifornia, you need:
1. To have a lot of money;
2. Be confident that my choice is USA.
I will explain in more detail the reason for my relocation.
I do not have enough opportunities in Ukraine and Russia. If I want to work in a profession that I really like, then with job placement because of disability. They say that they do not need a person with disabilities. When I applied to the United States, I was told that I could work for them.
I agree that there is no ideal life anywhere, but I want to live without suffering, to live truly!

2017-05-13 06:46:43

One simple comment... you say you want to live freely and without suffering. In the condition of the world as it is now, you will never be able to do that.

2017-05-13 07:46:00

TJT1234, I agree with you. But only in Colifornia, there are places that deal with what I'm interested in. These companies in the US are only in Colifornia.

2017-05-13 07:47:48

Assault_freak, I understand you, but to make life more comfortable and better everyone can.

2017-05-16 01:29:30

What jobs are you referring to that are only available in California? I find this statement hard to believe. Perhaps you mean that there's a higher concentration of businesses in the profession you're interested in?

Either way, discrimination exists everywhere. It's just a fact of life. I hate it, too, but as long as humans are flawed, there will always be negative things like biases and bigotry. Of course, there are better and worse places, as everyone has said in this topic. For example, if you happen to live in a rural area, as I do, you're going to be more restricted, and you're going to encounter a lot more people who discriminate against you. However, speaking as someone who has close friends from other countries, I can say that I sometimes feel terrible when I unwittingly make a remark that, according to some, can be construed as me waving my American privilege around. I hate myself when this happens; I happen to be a very empathetic person by nature, and I try to be understanding of circumstances and what leads people to be as they are, culturally, personally, and otherwise. So, I feel that I have more of a balanced view than some of what it means to endure hardships, even if I can only understand some of what I've heard intelectually. It matters to me when those I care about suffer; thus, I do whatever I can to understand just what is causing them pain. At the same time, I also try to understand what is considered normal from a cultural perspective. I've been known to do extensive research on a culture if I feel I need to know about it for the sake of a solid friendship with someone else.

I think, if there's a point to all of this rambling besides the fact that I can identify with a lot of the sentiments expressed in this topic, even if I don't necessarily agree with how they're being expressed, it's that there is good and bad in everyone and everything. What one person considers to be acceptable is someone else's idea of hell. Or, someone might despise you for things that you have, even if you never thought about those things before, or how they impact everything around you. After gaining this perspective a couple of years ago, I've tried to be mindful of what I take for granted, as a privileged citizen. not by choice, but by birth. It actually makes me sick to think about that if I ruminate on it too long. But most of us do have a privilege, something we don't even realize that we carry around each day as a source of strength and pride. It doesn't have to be political. You can see discontent wherever you look, and usually, that discontent is rooted in something valid. No, it could be one large thing you've accomplished. Maybe it's building a life based on things you've achieved on your own despite the crappy circumstances you've been dealt. Once you can say that, I can almost guarantee that someone out there will be proud of you, and look up to you, maybe even want to be more like you. As I'm writing this post, I'm thinking of someone who fits this description for me. This person is who I am loosely basing this entire diatribe on.

So, maybe, when you are able to make a better life for yourself, it will involve moving to a different country. It very well may. There is so much more I could say, so many more personal experiences I could relate that would paint a clearer picture of just what I've seen and known intimately. Those details would make for a juicy story, no doubt, but what actually matters is that sometimes, what someone thinks they want at the time isn't what turns out to be best for them. Everything you do in life has consequences, for you and for everyone around you. And no matter what you do, you're probably going to leave a trail of tears in your wake.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-05-17 16:35:35

About profession in colifornia, it's voice akter. This can be done in film companies, etc., but I'm more interested in animation studios. And the US animation studios are concentrated in Colifornia.