2017-05-12 00:29:57

hi all. I am playing bk3 and I was trying to choose a screen reader. I don't have nvda, I use jaws. So, I tried to choose the sapi5 option and a dialogue box shows up, and when I press enter on it, the game crashes. Any ideas why, or any suggestions on how I can get jaws to work with this game? Thanks

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2017-05-12 02:23:07

If memory serves, JAWS hooks arrow key inputs and I haven't set a keyhook to prevent that from happening. You will need to turn off your JAWS or install NVDA. As for the SAPI issue, please make sure that your SAPI5 engine is working correctly.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-05-12 08:46:27

Speaking of crashes, I'm not sure if it's just me, and if that thing can be fixed or is already fixed. If you don't run bk3 with app locale, when it tries to autosave at the end of some certain stages or after some actions, it crashes (I remember stage 10.2 did that).

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-05-12 11:07:33

If changing your system locale to Japanese solves the issue, there will be no way for me to fix that because it's the programming language's internal conversion issue.

2017-05-12 12:52:00

I recently installed the game after not playing it for a while. It updated, and then when the game restarted, after the logo, it just hangs with the update working sound, and doesn't do anything, any ideas?

2017-05-12 13:11:12

Try downloading it again from the website. It used to happen with me when i reinstalled it with an old installer.

2017-05-12 14:37:10

I'll try that, thanks.

2017-05-12 18:09:15

It's the program thing then, cause it was like Nyanchan said exactly.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-05-12 19:44:33

so, how do I make sure my  sapi engine is working correctly? It works with the other games that I play with it.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2017-05-13 02:24:22

Are you using translations? If not, your SAPI engine might be crashing because it received Japanese letters, in other words, a line of unknown characters for the engine.
at arqmeister:
The game sometimes requires updating the sound archive. Of course, it downloads only the added sounds, then automatically recompiles the sounds.dat file. Since the game server is located in Japan (I think it's placed at Osaka), the downloading speed may not be so fast.

2017-05-13 02:31:17

Ok, thanks, i'll keep that in mind.