2017-05-04 16:39:03

Hi.
I am a bit confused.
I downlaoded the latest release and unpacked it, but there is no way how I can start the game, or did I get the wrong version?
I find this website quite confusing.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-04 16:58:54

I am having the same issue

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-05-05 15:28:44

Hello aviators and audiogamers,
I had fully completed the mission in tdv1. But here I have a problem with v2!

Warning, the sequel could be a potential spoil, you are warned.

I destroyed the guard towers, the tank and then the power plant in the ZE19 area. After the cut scene I took charge of the choppers quickly and here is my problem. No scene is triggered, nothing. Even when I move into nearby areas. Still, correct me if I say bullshit, but after the power plant I should go to explode the bridge then the radar stations, but why nothing happens? Do I have to go to a specific area? It's been two days since I've been going around and around, it's frustrating. The bridge is above a lake, if I remember correctly but I may say other bullshit. Could someone point me in and give me a trick? This is all the more frustrating when I think I finished the mm in tdv1.
Hope someone can help me,
greetings !

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2017-05-05 21:35:08

I had the same problem. I'd suggest starting your game over, destroying the traininggrounds, the airbase, any fighters you come across, the power plants, the choppers, the bridge, the radar stations, and finally Brutus.

2017-05-05 23:57:28 (edited by kruf 2017-05-05 23:58:36)

I've already taken another backup.
Ah, and i've seen two planes that have fled very far, and then disappeared, impossible to find them after this magical trick but all choppers are done. Am I tackling a bug? Maybe my backup have also the problem ? Maybe I forget something?
And when i try to load a save in mission mode, my game crash. Only the load save game in main menu works.

2017-05-06 00:49:48

Hi all can any make topic in articles room or to explain better how to land please

2017-05-06 11:00:53 (edited by kruf 2017-05-06 20:19:30)

Hi Milos,

When Captain Chase tells you that you can land, with f1 or the tab key and then the letter t you can see how far the beacon is, it is in the center of the runway. Align yourself as you prefer. Either with the rudder (left arrow and right arrow), or with the banking (chift left arrow or chift right arrow), or in barrel roll what I use when the track is away (alt left arrow or right arrow).
Next, go down by putting your angle at 30 degrees (f4 or tab and the letter n), and under 1000 feet opens the landing gear, letter g.
Try to always check that the beep is continuous or as high pitched as possible, and help you to f1 or tab t keys. The runway must always be within 5 miles of you and your speed to maximum 400 miles, minimum 340 (checkable with f2 or the tab key and the letter s.
Beware of the barrell roll, it is faster but will change your altitude. If you use this method when you are away from the runway, be careful, check your altitude (tab and the letter q or f3).
Oh, i was forgotten! In mission mode, if you want to land on the Aircraft carrier, you only have 2 miles for landing, but your speed must be between 608 and 700 miles.
I advise you 620, it gave you little more time cause you've to be fast.
Carefull, you reach the Aircraft carrier at 300 feat!

Hope to have been clear! You can also find how to land in the documentation so if you have difficulty understanding my way of explaining, sorry my native language is French, take a look at it!

Hope it can help you, good luck!

2017-05-06 14:13:15

Oh thanks kruf i understand now...

2017-05-06 17:56:01

Hi.
Can someone give me the link to the newest build or can tell me how to launch it? I dont have an exe file in there, I guess I donwloaded the server by accident.
Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-06 19:57:26 (edited by Jonnyboy1991 2017-05-07 06:18:58)

Hello all. So, Now, every time I run the game it crashes and no log is generated. I have reinstalled the game just to see if it will fix everything but still, no go. I don't even know if there is a fix for this. I can't play mission mode, or  even go online at all. I'm using the latest version of windows 10 and this is what the thing says, every time I start either mode. Three-D Velocity Three-D Velocity has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-05-06 22:09:47

Yes it would be great if you could please post a link to the executable because I downloaded the exact same thing and well let's just say, it only looks like the server files are in their

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-05-07 11:02:12 (edited by kruf 2017-05-07 11:07:19)

Hello guys,
If you wanna latest binary,
Click on this link !

2017-05-08 18:37:42

Greetings, I downloaded the binary now I get this user defined breakpoint.  I have no clue what that means .  In any case, it is not letting me run it at all.  I've even tried running it as administrator.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

2017-05-09 00:14:00

tysonsylvester123 wrote:

Greetings, I downloaded the binary now I get this user defined breakpoint.  I have no clue what that means .  In any case, it is not letting me run it at all.  I've even tried running it as administrator.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Strange, I'm not getting that problem at all. Make sure that you have all required things? I just got the binary just today and I'm running it fine on my system. Using windows 10 professional 64 bit.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-05-10 00:20:02

Hi
When I click the following link provided in the post and the github page, https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Vel … latest.zip

I get 404 not found

2017-05-10 09:20:49

Hello, I downloaded the game by going to the audio games main page and selecting it from the list, then clicking go and clicking on the url link. There should appear the git hub page of Munavar's TDV and you shall be able to find the link to download the game there.

2017-05-10 13:50:37 (edited by kruf 2017-05-10 13:51:15)

Hello, go back to my preview post n°37 in this topic, and click on this link.

2017-05-11 20:58:25

Having just tried this....I do wish for two small changes

1. The ability to refuel in MP (maybe it's there, I dunno, I was too busy running away from missiles to see if I could try landing or calling a tanker)

2. Bots if possible in MP for when nobody is on the server
3. I was in a 1vs1 (fun as hell game by the way, I love it...and I played a ton of Ace Combat and this gives me a fantastic Ace Combat vibe), and when my opponent died, I was put back to the menu as expected, but when I got shot down I was given the spectator mode option, and I hit yes, then the game locked up, I couldn't do anything.

Oh, one more thing:

This isn't a bug report but seriously, more people need to come play this game. It's fantastically underrated. I'm currently rocking hte keyboard/headset getup and doing good. Auto elevator and LTS for the win.

Okay. Maybe this is out of the scope of what could be added, but I would love to see a co op mode.

One player is the pilot/gunner, the other the RIO, and the RIO is the only one who can use the radar. Every other bit of the HUD is usable by the pilot but you have to work together as a team to get anything done. Imagine a co op story mode and co op deathmatch modes. It'd be interesting at least.

Also, that beeping and lock tone is gonna haunt me forever, Thanks a lot guys...:) Thanks a lot for giving me a cold sweat when I heard that tone, dived down and wound up cratering from 10k feet down to 0 in about 30 seconds with full afterburners....yep. That's how my game ended.

Actually, for the bots would it be simple to bring over the SP modes and allow us to add bots when creating a game? Even if it's only 2 or 3 bots or 4 bots total that's still 5 planes in the sky at any given time. Just my thoughts honestly, I'm liking the game a ton.

Now for my big question. I see a .tar.gz.

Does that mean I can somehow run the game on my Linux laptop with my plugged in flight stick? Just thought I'd ask beforfre busting out WINE and mey plug in gaming keyboard.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-05-12 11:48:09

Hey Dracos, the bots are already available. Just hit m in the multiplayer game and you'll be rewarded with one having a fully random name. big_smile A possibility to refuel in the multiplayer would be awesome. I thought of some additions like being able to set up a base with my own team and to launch attacks from there to make the game a bit more fun. And yup, we need a lot of players. A lot.

2017-05-22 17:47:35

hi i hav problems, i start the server and play but it dont werk properly it crash

2017-05-26 03:19:09 (edited by defender 2017-05-26 03:22:38)

I grabbed the version available from Github just a few days ago, but there is no option for online play.
I thought I might have to finish mission mode first, but that didn't add any options, and mmultiplayer mode isn't mentioned in the documentation, even though the sounds for it are present.
I tried running TDV.vshost.exe but I think that's a component and not a standalone application since it gave me errors and closed.
No windows firewall alerts or anything either, again, the options for it aren't even there.
Now I'm just confused, maybe I only get to use it if I payed for the game previously? but I thought it was fully open source now...

Either way, the mission was surprisingly fun, I especially enjoyed landing on the aircraft carrier, diving at a steep angle in order to avoid weapons locks, only to pull up just in time, and dodging both antiaircraft fire and air to air missiles while waiting for my cruise missile to hit the target, it's heart poundingly exciting. The boss fight was also really fun, very high speed and packed with action, even though the weapons cooling port thing didn't seem to matter much. Though I do wonder why air to air missiles suck so very bad when it comes to damage, I can never even destroy 1 entire fighter with all 8 hits.  I find it a bit absurd that the best weapon for destroying fighters quickly are the guns, considering that historically, jet powered aircraft use them so seldom that several designers over the years have tried to remove them to save weight and reduce drag; only to be told to leave them on just encase.
At least it takes several hits with them to take a craft down, that does make sense, but having to use them as the primary air to air weapon is just, odd.
Also, why can you destroy fighters with cruise missiles, and why can you destroy ground targets with air to air missiles. I understand the hole game mechanics VS realism for a fun playing experience balancing act thing, but some of this stuff is kind of unnecessary, and detrimental to both facets of the game's design, especially the weak air to air missiles, considering that in real life it usually takes 1 or 2 to take a fighter down, and they don't have guidance anyway, so that just makes them doubly useless.
Not that I'm saying they should have guidance, mind you, but when you combine the two downsides, it makes a third of your offensive payload totally useless.

I'm also not sure how to use interceptors, I get a solid lock tone when locking on both a cruise missile, and the fighter that fired it, and I'm not sure if it makes a difference which one I fire at.  Either way it never seems to do anything, do I need to be facing the missile at the time? I don't mind trying that I just don't know if that's what I should do, it's very hard to atempt that in the moment. LOL.

2017-05-26 07:12:24

Hello, how do I obtain the latest updates after one has downloaded the repository?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-05-26 07:17:47

Okay, I managed to get the version of the game with multiplayer enabled from post 37, but why isn't that the link in post 1?
Maybe I just read it wrong.

2017-05-29 10:52:00

So After killing the choppers, now I'm on my way to finding the bridge. What sector is it in? Does anyone know? It has been a while since I played this game.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2017-05-29 22:45:27

Hello,
I hate to post it here, but it's impossible to find you anywhere, so here goes...
would it be possible to make treasure hunt abandonware, so people can play it again? Now that it's not being sold? Thank you

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.