2017-05-01 07:20:29

You need to do two things: 1: Train some shooting with a bow, and 2: do some other activity which I currently don't remember what is, but you'll quickly find that in a walkthrough.
For the bow shooting, you need to search a lot to find this. If I remember correctly, the training place for the bow is at the left part of the place. It doesn't matter how much you fail this part. You will continue anyway. smile
For the other activity which I don't remember what is, you need to search a lot as well. I remember there is something like a platform at the right part of the place, where you'll find the activity. You have to push or drag the thing by holding down a button while walking. It's pretty difficult to explain. I wish I could replay that part again to refresh my memories. Lol.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-01 08:08:13

what I'm stuck at is actually at the part where the lord has to speak with someone to get a new centinel before training. it's at the part after a major decision where I have to decide if eric wants to be punished or not.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-05-01 10:16:20

Okay. Then, I'm not sure on where you're stuck.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-05-06 16:40:01

if you want, I will record at the part where I'm stuck.
it's actually at the middle part of chapter 6, where I have to talk to everyone in a very big place with someone training to practice swinging a sword.
if you walk around, the trainer will say things like slash right, perry, slash right, perry, again. I haven't got to part where I have to train to use a bow or a sword, but I think it's at the same place, before the council meeting with ramzy snow.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-05-06 18:46:32

Yes. It would be great if you could record the part where you're stuck.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-05-06 22:04:16

here is the recording of the part of the game where I'm stuck at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1op3qv6wxzfl … g.mp3?dl=0
at first, it's still dealing with choices, I'm stuck at the part where I have to walk.

2017-05-07 09:34:34

Thanks for the recording. Now I get where you are stuck. I thought you were at a totally different place, which you'll visit later on.
This place is actually a bit challenging, and now you are at the part of the game, where you learn how to navigate around in the game.
The task is simple but a challenge for us. The only thing you have to do is to talk to everyone. When that's done, you have to find a special person and ask to start the meeting, and the story will continue.
The battle ground is just a live video to intertain people, but you  need to talk to this guy as well to hear his opinion.
So here is what you need to do:
Walk around while listening for the foot steps and the surroundings around you to orientate yourself. Then, you need to look around using the right analog stick and interact with people to talk to them.
I'm not sure on what walkthrough you are following, but I have used this walkthrough:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/game-of-throne … _Chapter_6
I don't remember if that's the best walkthrough out there.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-05-07 11:50:05

I also used that walkthrough.
for the part where I'm currently stuck, I don't know why, sometimes when I walk around, and I look with the right analog stick, and press either the X, square, triangle or the circle button, the character walk itself but it doesn't trigger the scene where he talk with those peoples, instead I moved in to a different place and pressing the left analog stick sometimes didn't make any step sounds, which is a bit weird. I managed to talk to some of them, but I didn't find the other guys.

2017-05-07 23:29:23 (edited by ianhamilton_ 2017-05-08 15:18:22)

Here's how the walking and looking works.

You view your character as if through the eyes of another character stood near him, you don't see him from the top.

Your character doesn't sidestep, he walks in the direction that you move the left stick in. The camera doesn't rotate when he walks, it always looks from the same direction. So if you press right, you see him from the side walking towards the right of the screen. press left, you see him from the side, walking towards the left of the screen. Press down, and you see him from the front, walking out of the screen towards you. Press up, and you see his back as he walks away from you into the screen.

The right hand stick controls a cursor, which you move around the screen. When the cursor is over an interactive element, you can press a button to interact with it.

When the cursor gets close to the edge of the screen, the camera pans to the side a bit to allow more of the scene to be visible.

It's probably helpful to compare it to the PC controls. On the PC you use WASD to walk left/right/into/out of the screen, and use the mouse to interact with hotspots around the screen. The console version is a close copy of that.

It is definitely a case of brutal trial and error rather than accessibility.

A large part of the game is making conversation choices, which is done on a strict time limit of just a few seconds, with no way to know what the conversation options are. If you don't choose in time, it chooses for you.

Not choosing an option doesn't make you die or anything, but they are how you make choices about how characters will react to you in future, which in turn affects how the story branches.

2017-05-08 07:58:53

@ianhamilton_: Thanks a lot for this great explanation. It makes great sense.
@Hannif: The reason for the character is walking and then nothing is happening is because he walks over to something to look at it without any comments. Triangle is usually used to look at things and x is usually used to interact or talk to someone. But sometimes triangle is needed as well. Just keep trying.
If I remember correctly, the guy which you need to talk to to continue is at the north section, but I might remember wrong.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-05-08 19:50:17

@ianhamilton: that explanation is a bit detailed, it definitely helps a lot. I'm using PC to play the game, but I use a controller cause with it playing is a bit easier compared to the mouse.
@SLJ, thanks for the tip, I'll surely try this one again. hopefully, if I make it to the part where you stuck and I can make it as well, I'll surely let you know about it. as for choices, for this series it's a bit hard to know when you have to make a choice rather than to guess what buttons to press in that choice. however, sorry to say another game here, it's different for life is strange.
in that game, you'll know when you have to make a choice is when someone stops talking, and the best thing is there is no timer for each conversation / events choice so you have the opportunity to think your choice. also, the good thing about choices in the game is when you are prompted with a major decision, you'll here some kind of buzzing sound to let you know that choice is a major decision. one more thing about this game which is pretty good is if you accidentaly choose a wrong choice, you can rewind back time and do the right thing.
however, the telltale series and life is strange is pretty different, for example, when looking around. if you press your right stick, the character will turn around while the character is looking at things which is a bit complex than this one. also, if you didn't have much patience I don't recommend getting this one, cause in the game there is more walking around than interactive movie scenes.

2017-05-09 18:22:06

Yeah. But Game of thrones seems more playable than Life is strange. Or am I wrong?

Best regards SLJ.

2017-05-09 20:36:06

I think you're right, game of thrones is more playable than life is strange.

2017-05-10 21:30:17

out of the game of thrones topic: yesterday, I was surprised that one game from this dev is finally appeared on my PSN shop.
yesterday, I've downloaded that game, to be exact tales from the borderlands, which is currently free on PS plus. the strange thing that I have is, when walking around, pressing X does nothing but pressing triangle when I look in to something it interacts with it. but overall, the controls for making choices is still the same, and the QTE is the same as well.
so my question, is it right when I press the triangle button will I interact with objects? if I play it on my PC with a PS4 controller, the X button is interact and the triangle button to look for things.

2017-05-10 22:03:46

In this game, I remember it as being very different if you need to press triangle or x to interact.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-06-17 06:14:09

bringing back this one, but there are some corrections in the first post:
1. the menus.
in most of the games from telltale, the menus are as follows:
1. play, allows you to select which episode you want.
2. episodes, allows you to buy an episode, or play a previous chapter of an episode if that episode is already installed.
3. telltale games account, allows you to link your telltale account with your console or PC. if you link your telltale games account, you can see your choices on the telltale games website under your profile, allowing you to compare your choices with other players.
4. save slots, allows you to select which save file you want.
5. extras, allows you to do additional options, which are:
5.1. characters or unlockables, let's you see background information related to the game's characters or read the bios.
5.2. choices, much like the telltale games website, let's you view all the rest of the choices that you've made. pressing the up or down arrows scroll through the choices in one episode, left and right arrows select an episode to view the choices. to exit from this screen, press the circle button.
5.3. credits, view the rest of peoples who envolved in creating the game, and you can also see a list of voice actors who play their roles in the game.
6. settings, let's you change various options. this menu consists of controls, audio, and graphics settings.
2. the controls.
in most of the games, the controls are as follows:
the left analog stick: walk in the direction that you want. if you push the analog stick forward, you'll move up to the screen, if you push it backward, you'll move down. moving the left analog stick left or right will make your character walk to the left or to the right.
the right analog stick: look around, much like a cursor in most point and click adventure.
X: in most games, this is your primary interaction button. press this button to open doors, activate something, push an object, ETC.
square: talk to people. press this one to talk to the respective people, then you have choices on what do you want to say to that people. to pick one, simply press X, square, triangle or the circle button to pick your choice.
triangle: this key is usually used to look at an object. sometimes, when you look at an object, the character will make a comment on it.
circle: not used much, usually it's used like the X button, but usually it's use to take things.
R1: in some games, it let's you see your inventory.
L1: this key is very different from game to game, for example, in tales from the borderlands, it is used to use rhys's mechanical eye implant to scan or hack something. in game of thrones, I don't know what it's used for.
R2: this key is used to run, you have to press it with the left analog stick in order to make your character run.
L2: N/A, usually this key is used in some QTE's.
start button: pause the game.
3. making your decision: to make a choice, you can either press X, square, triangle or circle to pick one.
usually, the X button is a mixed responce between good or bad, the square button is usually the most negative responce, pressing triangle usually keeps you remain silent, and the circle button is usually the most positive answer.
sometimes, you have to look at the people to pick the choice, which makes it a little harder.
that's all, for the info that I know.
if anyone of you who is also playing this series and figure out more stuff, please let me know.

2017-06-17 10:18:46

Wow. Big thumps up for this awesome post. How do you figure out all that? Do you have sighted help? I'll give the game a try again, but I'm hopeless stuck in episode 4...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-06-17 21:27:26

yes, I have sighted help for some of the parts, and some of them I figure it out myself.
I want to try this one again also, but I think it's best to wait for the game to arrive here on the PS store. one of the telltale games that I'm still impressed so far is tales from the borderlands, I can't believe that I can complete most of the parts without any sighted help at all, except for 2 parts, the first episode in chapter 4 or 5, and the second episode at the end of chapter 6. right now I'm getting close, very close to completing the game, just need to play this final episode and I've done with this one, and maybe wait for the next season, if any.
so for that, I can focus with all this series, including game of thrones and other series.
and anyways, still out of game of thrones: yesterday, I've tried the walking dead on the PS4 which is currently free on PS plus in my country. this game, compared to other series by this developer, is very different in terms of gameplay.
in this game, scenes sometimes repeated when you look at the same object more than once, and the fighting system is also different. in most games from telltale, the action sequences, are done with a QTE, however for this one, you have to do the action yourself. for example, when a zombie arrives, you have to take the ammo first then take the pistol and press a button to shoot.
same goes for the other part, you have to press the punch button, then you have to press another button to complete the sequence. for that, the walking dead is a lot more challenging than the other series from this company, but I'll give it a shot for sure.
about game of thrones, what character did you use at the part you are stuck on? in this game, of course in a certain chapter, you'll control different members from the forester family.

2017-06-17 22:36:47

hi
I want play
epizode 1 for pc
maybe can say what is game menu?

2017-06-18 04:32:46

for the menus, I've just posted it on post 66. the menus are mostly the same for all of their games, so it's not really hard to figure it out.

2017-06-18 08:26:49

In game of thrones, I'm playing as the girl who I don't remember what's called. She have to enter a party, where the music and sounds are so loud so it's impossible to navigate around.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-06-18 11:43:08

I think you are using mira forester in that part.
as for the music, you can turn it down to hear everything clearly.
to turn the music off, press start to pause the game, press down once to go to settings and press X. once at the menu, press down once to go to audio and press X again to confirm. once at the menu, press down to go to music, and press the left arrow to decrease the value. when finished, press circle to save your settings, and press X to go back to the main settings menu. then, to go back to the game, press the circle button 2 times.

2017-06-18 17:14:33

Thanks a lot. I have given this a thought, and I'll see if this also works in this part of the game. The music is a part of the level, not just some random background music. I'll check this out as soon as possible.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-06-19 08:39:45

in which chapter is it?

2017-06-20 14:52:02

I don't remember.

Best regards SLJ.