2017-05-01 14:24:46

Hello to all.
I want to thank you all users from here.
Firstly, I want to say thanks to the moderators and admins, I do not know the diference.
I apreciate your work.
Second I want to say thanks to all people from here because all are nice persons and I like to comunicate here.
And I want to thanks to this forum in general because it is a good source of comunication and good audio games.
And lastly, as a joke I want to thanks to spam bots because they are here to be raported!
smile smile
Thanks again to all and I houp you will like this topic.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-01 14:51:00

Thank you, Angel!

2017-05-01 14:58:17

Thanks for your message Angel.

2017-05-01 15:12:51

You are welcome.
I saw here nice users and good moderators.
By the way:
Can you say please the difference between admins and moderators?

2017-05-01 20:26:19

a moderator is someone who can post news entries, deal with reports concerning spambots and bad behavior among forum members, and write up entries for the database.  an admin can make certain changes to the sight as necessary; moderators do not have that kind of permission or capability.  changes from an admin might include updating/changing your name on the forum to something else as well as enabling and disabling parts of the sight such as the karma system or private messaging.  There is also the webmasters, who can tweek the security code that keeps us safe from hackers, and many other difficult things we don't have to deal with that usually go unnoticed by the general public but which shouldn't, since we wouldn't be running without them anyway.
On the modeerator's side of things there is myself, Nightshade, Arqmeister, Aaron, Sebby and Aprone, who actually prefers to see himself as more of a spambot killer than an official moderator, but who has been forced to step in when things get rather nasty.  Dark is the only admin on this site, while Richard and Senderman, our webmasters, are the guys who really run the show but who are usually behind the scenes.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-05-01 20:44:29

Thanks Nocturnus for this answer.
You can join my skype group about abandonware games.
It is not spam in all my posts just I want to talk with all.

2017-05-02 07:58:02

Thanks Angel.

While I at least (and likely the  staff too), do what we do because we all love games and this site and want to make it a better place, it is always really nice to be appreciated.

As to your question on who does what, actually you can find the answer in the site and forum faq topic.

What Nocturnus says here is broadly correct, though in addition to moderators and myself as admin we also have a larger group of members who are news posters and can post news to the front of site but aren't actually moderators.
The site games database is also added to and updated by myself, Richard and Sander and most of the other  as well as what we do on this forum.

Hope this answers your question, and thanks again for the appreciation, the spambots definitely approve of it big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-02 12:15:22

Hi.
Can I be a news poster please?
I want to post news because I am all days on this forum and I love games and I like to help users.
I have a lot of time for this.
Please and thanks in advance.

2017-05-09 19:05:51

Hi.
I saw today a spam bot I thing.
I reported it and the topic was deleted instantly.
Thanks for this and for all spam bots kills.

2017-07-31 01:22:18 (edited by Angel 2017-07-31 01:23:06)

Hi.
Sorry for posting here again and again, but wow, we have crazy spam bots and I think with a lot of viruses in these links posted from these bots.
But for me is good because we have good moderators and well, crazy spam reporters like me.
smile
big_smile