2017-05-02 07:16:16

Hello guys, i'm currently trying mediafire for file hosting. I eard we can get up to 50 gb of space with the free plan but i only have 10 available. How can i get it? And i eard about some limitations added when you use this plan, or was it removed for now?
Thank you.

2017-05-06 00:21:59

I'm not sure why you're limited to 10GB. I used to pay for a pro account back when captchas were much more frequent and annoying on that site. Speaking of which, that's really the only limitation you're going to encounter with a free account, the fact that every now and again, captchas will pop up when you attempt to download a file. Luckily, this has become much less intrusive over the past year or so. When they do show up, since the audio captcha system they use is pretty crappy, I tend to connect to the VPN I use, get myself a different IP address to trick the server into thinking I haven't downloaded anything so far, and go on as usual. But if you're only downloading a few files here and there, you really shouldn't even run into this problem. As for uploading, last time I checked, they have a flash based uploader that isn't accessible. You might try Zippyshare for a more accessible uploading experience, I believe you get unlimited storage although each individual file can only be up to 200MB in size. Also, the file only remains on their servers 30 days after it was downloaded last, which can be problematic. But it is a completely free service, which is quite accessible both for uploading and downloading.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.