2017-05-05 08:34:59 (edited by pulseman45 2017-05-05 08:35:58)

I have it but I don't have a dropbox folder or anything like that, I'll have to do that eventually.

2017-05-05 12:53:06

Hay all.
I've had this in my favorites for a while now, and it still works; just tested it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5h0ob3ksmr4yu … t.zip?dl=1
Later!

2017-05-06 00:04:37

Uh oh, found a crippling bug. It seems you can't reload a save, the game crashes. Ugh.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-05-06 07:27:03

That doesn't happen to me. I started a new game last night and my save loads just fine. And yes, I'm using the test version.

2017-05-06 13:52:05

Oh I think I figured it out, it's if you have random mode on and save then you can't load, even if you override the save, you have to delete the save and then start a new file. Heh. Gotta love the mess that is this game's code.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-05-07 04:10:00

Yeah, random mode is very buggy. sad Even if you reloaded the save it wouldn't be in random mode any more.

Started a new game the other night and had an Abba song stuck in my head yesterday, so decided the next mon I caught would be nicknamed Abba regardless of gender. Next mon I caught turned out to be a Jigglypuff. xD

2017-05-07 09:37:46 (edited by pulseman45 2017-05-07 09:40:46)

I found another funny bug a few weeks ago. When surfing in Cerulean city and then exiting the water, you will find a pokemon nonetheless. In most case it is a pokemon you can find in the water, but once I encountered a glitchy pokemon. It had no name, was at level 0, and had the cry of a Farfetch'd. I killed it but I should have caught it or at least let it attack me, just to know what would have happened.

2017-05-07 12:37:10

I had that happen in the Pokémon Mansion once.

2017-05-12 02:01:41 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2017-05-12 09:27:22)

... The item list just ate my Helix fossil. It had eaten my ethers and Pokéballs before but now it's taking key items. I haven't gotten to Cinnabar yet and now I'll probably have to replay the whole game up to this point to get a new fossil and keep an eye on it. I'm sure other things have vanished from my item list but I don't know what they are because unless I check, I don't know what items I have. I really don't want to have to start over—I've been playing since last week and gotten a lot done.

And I know this project is discontinued, and this problem won't be fixed, and that's fine. I just wish I knew what I did to make that happen. Did I sell things too many times? Why do items disappear? Can I avoid doing something in a future playthrough so they don't unless I use them? My Snorlax lost her leftovers at some point as well and I never took it off her...

Edit: And now the Old Rod's gone as well. I don't know what I could have done to make it do this.

Edit 2: Lost multiple TMs, and now the HM for Cut as well. I have no idea why this is happening. I know I keep saying it, but it's the truth.

2017-05-14 09:22:37 (edited by pulseman45 2017-05-14 09:24:42)

That's strange indeed, I was aware of items randomly disappearing, but it happened to me only when I gave said items to a pokemon. I gave the twisted spoon to my Exeggutor and at some point it randomly vanished, same for the mystic water I gave to my Blastoise. However I didn't lose any TM or basically any object that I didn't directly give to a pokemon.

2017-05-14 15:18:35

It's really odd. I didn't even switch anything around, but I have been passing the Experience Share around quite a bit to get a few mons leveled up to the right standards. Apart from that, I've just been selling things I knew I wouldn't use for money because I got Blue so no meowth early on.

2017-05-22 16:16:11

New glitch in latest version. Upon attempting to enter the Cinabar Gym, the game crashes. I have a slightly older version that does not have this problem, thankfully, but there goes my plan to prove the game is beatable...

2017-05-23 00:09:32

You could try completeing Cinabar Gym in the old vertion. Save your progress and carry over the saved file.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-05-23 00:46:54

Hello.
Could someone uplode the slitely old version of braylemon?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-05-23 07:33:42 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2017-05-23 08:50:14)

Okay, installed Dropbox on this computer (finally) and uploaded the version I used that allowed me into Cinabar Gym.
Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hsx4j1ajd4c9 … n.zip?dl=1
That said, I think I'm going to start a new game. I lost quite a few TMs in that last run, including Rain Dance, and also my fossil from Mount Moon, so I'm gonna see what happens now.

2017-05-23 11:26:14

Thanks guys!

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-05-24 10:48:14

How did any of you beat the Cynabar gym? In the older test version, I found one trainer and the guy who gives you tips on the gym leader, but not much else. There is also a part that bugs the game out when you hit enter on it. Haven't tested a save in the gym with the newer test version, but we'll see.

2017-05-24 14:30:20

Here's another question. Well, two actually. Is it possible to evolve Haunter to Gengar? Because I don't remember seeing a link cable to do it with. Also, other than thunder shock, what's another good thunder move in the game?

2017-05-25 18:17:41 (edited by pulseman45 2017-05-25 18:26:40)

@The Imaginatrix: Actually, I never heard of that older test version, that may explain why we didn't encounter the exact same problems when it comes to disappearing items. Anyway, thanks a lot!
@dr. Bilbo J. Skywalker: Try leveling Haunter up to level 42. It should evolve. If it doesn't, that means it probably evolves via happiness. The happiness of a pokemon is a hidden value, but it diminishes when the pokemon looses a fight and go up when it levels up, for example. So keep leveling it up and it will evolve eventually.
I almost forgot. Make sure you play the test version, otherwise it won't evolve what so ever.

2017-05-25 22:55:08

Thanks Pulseman. Here's another question relating to the end game. I know that part probably never got coded, but how far can you progress? I've made it into what seems to be the victory path and passed through... 5 or 6 of the badge checkpoints, but that's it. Can you go any further than that? And after reading some walkthroughs for red and blue, there are definitely some things missing there.

2017-05-26 01:08:40

While I'm not working on Braillemon anymore, I do find it amusing how poorly coded this mess of a game is. I wrote the game's inventory as an array. It's pretty dumb. And it rolls the array up whenever you delete an item, and a few other reasons. So I'm pretty sure it's probably happening somewhere like that.

Thankfully my current game is much better programmed. I might go back to rebuilding this sometime if I'm not as busy but as it stands I'm basically dedicating 60 hours to work or this, so I'm not so sure about now tongue maybe someone should take the reins? I could help out with some certain things. smile

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-05-26 05:21:34

Hello,
If you aren't working on the game anymore, may I have the right to develop this in my choice of game engine or programming language?
Well, I'm no where near you in programming, but I was fascinated by this Braillemon idea. I was personally thinking to release this as my first project, but I have no clue where to get the music and what will happen if I use it because it is copyrighted. also, if anyone else is also thinking to work on this or already working on this we should join forces. As it will allow faster creation of the game and reduce workload.
Tell me what you people think about this.

There once was a moviestar icon.
Who prefered to sleep with the light on.
They learnt how to code, devices sure glowed,
and lit the night using python.

2017-05-26 09:03:01 (edited by pulseman45 2017-05-26 09:21:53)

@Dr. Bilbo J. Skywalker: I believe this part requires the Rock Smash tm, but I don't know where it is.
Also, you asked for a better electric move earlier. There is the Thunder TM somewhere in the powerplant I believe. Do know however that it has 30% chance of missing, unless you combine it with rain dance.
Edit: Actually the Rock Smash TM is obtained by defeating the Viridian gym.

2017-05-26 12:39:30

Amit - go ahead. Yeah the music is copyrighted so I didn't sell Braillemon. Its a great, but challenging, first project. Threeblacknoises got me most of the music/sfx. I might be able to rip the sfx I have in bmon so you can use them.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-05-27 04:53:21

Hi,
if you can rip them, That would be just wonderful. Thanks for sharing the resource also. I'm fully aware this is a big, challenging and interesting project. And also a great way to gain coding experience.
thanks for your help.

There once was a moviestar icon.
Who prefered to sleep with the light on.
They learnt how to code, devices sure glowed,
and lit the night using python.