2017-05-01 00:33:12 (edited by Munawar 2017-05-01 01:07:29)

Hi Everyone!
I have made an update to TDV just now and have fixed a few things. Also, the server has some admin commands. I'll add more as I get new ideas and people give suggestions on what admins should be allowed to do. As always, the repository for TDV is here: https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Velocity.

The page has a link to the binary download as well.

2017-05-01 00:38:45

hello  dear bajani github says page not found  plese have a look on that

2017-05-01 01:08:08

Hi,
Sorry, the forum put the period in the URL for some reason...LOL. Now it is fixed.

2017-05-01 09:20:13

hello when I try to launch the game I get an application error. This is my error log:
Error log, created with build version 2.23.0.37111:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238
Error Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-05-01 10:59:01 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-05-01 11:01:06)

I would imagine it has something to do with lines like these:
  Since I doubt you have a user directory on your computer called Munawar and thus, you probably haven't extracted the code there.
You could attempt to fix this by doing a find and replace in the code with the directory you have the code stored in. Just be aware that if you do this, you'll need to retain the directory structure for the TDV code itself.

2017-05-01 10:59:22

how do i download  bynory file? from  your page   bajani  sir?

2017-05-01 11:35:28

Hi all.
I'm hosting a server. If you are interested, you can read more at the following link:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 46#p309246

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-01 13:45:51

Hello, just a question. Is there anyway that we can compile the server program for linux systems? Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-05-01 14:58:28

Hello, munawar. We had some lags with friends while playing tdv in multiplayer, i hope i got fixed in this version. It's really cool! I hope other multiplayer bugs will get fixed, such as, for example, crashing of tdv when another person enters the game, or lags such as radar not locating a player when there is in flight, at situations when you can see them it's notworking.

2017-05-01 18:31:25

@david_solomon1 can you provide me with a step by step guide on how to do this? I unfortunately don't know any of this coder's jarghin so am unable to do it myself.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-05-01 19:16:22

same here , I look in the binaries and nothing is in the folder.  What must I do

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-05-01 19:22:17

download the binaries here:
https://codeload.github.com/munawarb/Th … zip/master
if you get a cryptic error, download directx, without it the game crashes.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-05-01 19:53:07

From where i can download latest version of game?

2017-05-01 20:04:40

connor142 wrote:

hello when I try to launch the game I get an application error. This is my error log:
Error log, created with build version 2.23.0.37111:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
Error Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)

Follow the instructions for dependencies on the TDV page and you'll be fine. There is no need to recompile the code...

2017-05-01 20:05:58

Jonnyboy1991 wrote:

Hello, just a question. Is there anyway that we can compile the server program for linux systems? Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Hi! The server runs under Linux just fine; just install the Mono package and run the server. I used to run the server exclusively under Mono on Linux when it was commercial.

2017-05-01 23:03:48

well, again. thanks munawar for the update :3

2017-05-02 05:20:08

Actually, I can safely say that git clone --recursive doesn't actually download the binaries submodule, unless it's just my Git installation being, well, should we say, a git? lol Anyway, it's alright, git clone, the download the binaries separately. You'll get the same result. As for running the server on Linux, it's pretty straight forward. My instructions come from running this on a Raspberry Pi, which as we know is an Arm-based system, but the same should apply on an x86 linux box or vps. Nevertheless, no matter how you get Mono and asp.net installed, you download and run the server in the same way. Mono and asp.net instructions Keep in mind that if you scroll down past the commands in each step, there is a procedure to download a script that will automate those commands. You'll see what I mean when you read this setup guide.
Ok, so assuming we have Mono and Asp.net installed and running, let's make the server directory.
mkdir tdvsrv
Now to download the files
wget https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Vel … Server.exe
wget https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Vel … Server.pdb
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/munaw … exe.config
Now to run the server. cd tdvsrv
chmod +x TDVServer.exe
./TDVServer.exe
The server is now running. I'm assuming you've forwarded ports 4444 and 4445 already, so I won't go into that as those instructions are router specific. Type the ip address of your router into your browser, and it's all you from there. I will say that if it asks you for tcp or udp, tcp worked for me. Ok, now that we have our server running, go ahead and run the game, and the connect to your ip address. If it places you in the hanger, you're good to go. The good thing is that we're running the server natively, no ExagEar desktop or any other emulation, so not only are we guaranteed the proper hardware support, but we also have the benefit of passing commands straight through and getting output via speech, whether you're running headless or running with speakup. Note that obviously if you connect to the server without letting people know that your server is, uh, online ? you'll be the only pilot in the air, and that can get a little boring, right? Flying around and shooting at nothing is a good way to test your server's connectivity, but once you've had enough, go ahead and crash that thing. lol Besides, you being the only one on the board is not a proper stress test for your own server. Sure, if you have two computers or two virtual machines you can always run a second instance of the game to simulate other folks on the server, but unless you have a separate keyboard or are extremely good at switching between virtual machines in realtime, that's still not good enough. Having ai on the server is not only a good idea if there's no one on the server at the moment, but it's also an excellent way for admins to stress test the server to see how much it can take, without having to worry about pissing other people off when they're on the receiving end of a slow connection should the server setup be faulty. Note that this generally doesn't apply to vps's, but if you're running the server through one of your own machines, unless it's an actual dedicated server or a really good machine with killer specs that you can leave unattended, do keep that in mind.

2017-05-02 12:39:44

I have question:
1. When I join FFA game nothing happen, i mean no engine sound or anyting happen, just battle music, what's happen?
2. When in dm in multiplayayer can we use lts cause after i heat the enemy with lts i cannot fie my crews missile.

2017-05-02 13:38:17

Hello there.. I don't have the right control ke on my keyboard.. Is there something that can be done about it?

2017-05-02 15:47:43

Hey guys, kind of related. Is there an accessible ide i could use to learn from this code? Is the visual studio 2013 ide even accessible? Thanks.

2017-05-02 19:09:30

hi wen i go to the download for the binary i get this
result 400: Invalid request

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-05-02 21:31:54

caio wrote:

Hello there.. I don't have the right control ke on my keyboard.. Is there something that can be done about it?

I have never used the right control key in the game, since I don't have one. What is it used for?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-02 23:57:07

It's not. If anything, go ahead and change the key in settings if you really need to.

2017-05-03 12:05:29

Hi.
Is it normal for the download to go at such a slow speed?
I feel like I'm getting almost close to dialup speeds here.

2017-05-03 14:18:30

As large as the master package is, you shouldn't be getting such slow downspeeds. Github doesn't decelerate downloads *coughs* sendspace, but if you're getting close to dialup speeds, your network must be either having a bad day and misbehaving, or there may be too many devices using bandwidth at once.