2013-01-03 14:56:40

So does anyone know how to use something like, say, a ps3 ontroller as a joystick for swamp? I heard there were rumors about this a while back, but I've been out of the swamp scene due to a crappy computer. But now that I have a desktop that makes the panning issues somewhat more bareable, I can finally play again... does anyone have any solutions? Or has it just not been put in to the game yet? Emailed Approne about it... and, apparently, CAE has a method of doing this? I am deeply, deeply curious. haha

Discord: clemchowder633

2013-01-03 18:44:32

I can't make that PC3 controler work with my laptop.
but I hope Aprone will add it soon.

2013-01-03 19:14:29

I use Joy2key with this configuration file. However, it's not set up for the analog sticks (and the controllers I'm using are old PS1 controllers without the sticks).
You can obviously change the configuration however you like, but in its current form, L1/R1 are for aiming, the D-pad for movement, circle doubles as shift, triangle is the weapon modifier, square is reload, and x is fire. Holding select changes all of the buttons to the number row for weapon selection. Keeping in mind that this probably breaks if you try to use it in combination with a key config file.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-01-04 00:42:11

So I have to delete the origial key config file? Thanks for that... I'll give it a go an see how it works.

Discord: clemchowder633

2013-01-04 01:50:36

I think the original keyconfig file is fine. I'd just rename it rather than deleting, so it's easier to restore later.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-01-05 16:18:06

so i cant use a comp joystick with it?
dont ask me where is my ps1 joystick lol cuz i dunno, and i dont have a ps3 yet so.
thanks,
ahmad.

music is the life.

2013-01-06 00:54:09

Technically, you can use any joystick you want. The configuration was made with PS1 in mind, though, so there's no telling how it would map to a different type. I'd suggest just trying it to find what happens.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-01-06 01:52:12

hi cae, very nice job with this config man! i'm using a ps2 controller with an usb adapter and it works nicely,
however the l1/r1 keys to aim seem to work very very slowly, i need to hold it but the character won't move
fast, at least not even compared to the mouse. a part from that it's great, just need to get used to this layout,
and what about force feedback, does j2key support it?
thanks

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2013-01-06 07:55:12

I don't know if J2key does (the controllers I use are old enough that they don't have it).
You can adjust the l1/r1 speed (I dn't really remember how, though; I think I had to use a lot of flat review/mouse stuff to adjust mouse stuff with nvda.).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-01-11 22:31:45 (edited by Exodus 2013-01-11 22:33:28)

bumping this back up the list a bit, To adjust mouse speed press enter on the buttons that  are bount to mouse left and right. There 7 and 8 iirc. You will be landed on an unlabled scrollbar.  Tap page up a couple of times and then press enter or tab back to the OK button. For button 8 you want to do the same but page down a couple of times. This should have you left with button 7's mouse speed set to -40 and 8's set to +40. They give me good turning speed and for me at least my shooting is verry accurate. Another thing to be aware of is that the scrollbars will say 30 and 70 respectively. just ignore these.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2013-01-14 02:56:23

Hi, I got the file to work with JTK. you have to press f 2 and edit the extintion from .txt to .cfg. I am wondering though how or even if it might be possible to make it so you can switch weapons with the joystick. There might be some times where you won't have enough time to switch to the keyboard to call up your med kit or another weapon.

2013-01-14 03:51:06 (edited by CAE_Jones 2013-01-14 03:54:30)

In my configuration, hold select to use the player 2 controls, which map the buttons to the number row.
This doesn't seem to let you combine the two sets, though; for instance, I haven't been able to use it to activate the beacons.

[edit] Ah, I didn't realize that firefox opens .cfg files as text instead of treating them as something to download.
This helps, though, since changing the turning speed is as simple as changing these two lines:
Button07=2, -20,   0,   0, 0, 0, 0,  0
Button08=2,  20,   0,   0, 0, 0, 0,  0
Just change the -20 and 20 to something else (-40 / 40, for example, would let you turn twice as fast).
[/edit]

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-01-14 16:19:02

When using the Xbox 360 controller, there is no way to be able to switch weapons. I tried pressing select It did not work. Also, instead of using the directional pad. I am able to use the left joystick for the a SD and right mouse button keys.

2013-01-14 17:49:23

I don't have an XBox controller to test with, so I don't know which buttons correspond to which with the controllers I've used. It uses ten buttons + directional controls, so if there are at least ten buttons, one of them should function the same as select on the PS1 controller.
A way to figure out which button is which internally is to use the game controllers test application in the control panel, but I don't know which versions of windows do/don't have this with what features.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-04-25 00:21:35

Hello. does anyone have  an xbox 360 profile file for j2k so i can play swamp with my xbox 360 controller I've been trying to figure out how to map stuff for like 5 hours now and i'm about to throw something.