2017-04-20 21:53:40

Okay logged back in under DracoSelene89.

Now to see what it puts this post as...

Draco

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-04-20 22:34:43

Thanks for looking into the problem Sander.

I'll also report that I'm getting message from ie about script erros too, though I believe that might be due to the disabled extentions as I am only getting them now and only occasionally when replying to a topic.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-20 23:41:06

How dare you oranges steal my name, how dare you! I am the real slender damn it? And I will not have people steal my name in this cowardly way! tongue

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-04-21 00:16:14

Okay, Draco here, seems* to be working for now, I can finally put my forum bingo card away, and it seems, least to me, it was an extension breaking stuff, which is odd...and not unexpected either given how finnicky code is

Also on Linux natively

2017-04-21 00:18:34

@Slender: That's fighting words, sir. I left my white glove at home...

Seriously though, hopefully it stays fixed, I'm not having any script errors on latest Firefox though Dark, maybe try different browsers and see which work best? Chrome's giving me a metric ton of erros and a broken format with the site so I went back to FF to use the site as is.

That, and I prefer FF as is. FF and NVDA/Orca suits me fine personally.

Also on Linux natively

2017-04-21 00:27:25 (edited by Slender 2017-04-21 00:31:07)

Draco? Get yer gloves, we're fightin', budd! And no aa ain't dat gaa from daa Shell Game in dat dare Grizzly Gulch thang. On a serious note though, did you alter my signature when you were logged in as me? Because if you did, it didn't save, and if it didn't, we may not have to worry about profiles being highjacked.

2017-04-21 02:27:17

This is getting weird.....

Somehow it's not fixed.

I will detail what I did in detail:

1. Fired up Firefox.

2. I was logged in as DracoSelene89, and checked that by going to profile

3. Closed out of the tab to check myy email

4. Launched the tab again, for some reason, I am now logged in as Slender despite simply opening up the forum in a new tab. I did put @Slender in a post but that shouldn't, logically speaking, affect, it right?

Draco

Oh, one more thing: This is happening on both FF and Chrome for me now...

2017-04-21 02:32:26

This is getting weirder and weirder..... I basicall have to log out and back in every time I want to use the forum to ensure I'm not switched with anyone....which is slightly alarming and weird really. I have no clue why it's picking Slender for me to switch to

Draco

Also on Linux natively

2017-04-21 05:12:10 (edited by Jaseoffire 2017-04-21 05:15:28)

This sounds really wierd. I wonder if this test will work. I am testing a theory. I did the following to see if this error can be reproduced. I checked remember me. I logged in. I closed the window. I actually closed the tab, but it was only the one tab that was up. I reopened it about a second after. Let's see what happened.
Edit:
I still post as Jaseoffire. My attempt was unsuccessful.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-04-21 06:59:31

It seems to be a problem that happens with some accounts and not others, I've never seen it myself, and yet I've had to log in and out a few times everytime I run c cleaner.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-21 10:33:07

@DracoSelene89, maybe it's because the forum is a fan of me? If that's true, hmm, we'll need to SEE if the PHP code people are being controlled by extraterrestrial beings... tongue

2017-04-21 12:41:24

No clue why this happens though and it seems to happen completely at random too, which is the weirder bit honestly, it hasn't happened (YET) since I didn't tick remember me....seeing if that helps at all

Also on Linux natively

2017-04-21 13:39:07

Hey guys this is arqmeister, just in case i show up as someone else lol. Just a quick note to add to the things already mentioned, i'm noticing that user karma isn't showing up for me right now, not sure if the extension is disabled or not, just throwing it out there.

2017-04-21 15:49:23

It is, along with the PM system and Stop Spam.

2017-04-21 21:28:52

Step 3: Actively disabled ALL caching. Re-enabled the Karma and PM extensions.

2017-04-23 09:56:43

aa, so, now after almost one month i'm now able to log on to the forum again. this bot extention needs to be switched since it sucks. big_smile

2017-04-25 09:31:26

Hey, this thread has become silent...Did the last test fix the problem?

2017-04-25 18:12:36

I think it did. So far I haven't been switched with anyone, nor has anyone logged in as me.

2017-04-25 22:22:03

OK, in that case, it was one line of code in the caching settings...grrr.