2017-04-16 21:47:41 (edited by SkyLord 2017-04-16 22:21:39)

Hi all, so topic sais it all. I have decided to play entombed, to finish it. So, i hav several questions: 1. What class mix to choose for novice? 2. How to examin an item, see it's atributes? 4. How to observe an enemy? i heared in the walkthrough of entombed person was pressing something and was getting information like, she is a barbarion fighter, wielding blah blah blah.. well, that's all the questions i have, for now.

2017-04-16 22:57:48

1: You'll get lots of recommendations here. Imho necro healer or necro druid is the easiest combination to play since necros have a kick arse attack spell (iceblast to the head is fairly lethal), and can use summon bones to effectively get an extra pet. Choose a race like elf who have good starting intelligence too.

Bare in mind though that this will only mean your first character and your next two might be unlucky picks, eg, you might get stuck with an ogre mage or a gnome fighter.
Generally assassin goes well with any melee class (especially brawler imho).
Just remember to never mix magic and technique based jobs since you'll end up with a character weak at both, oh and avoid adventurer and thief. Generally stratogise on the basis of killing your enemies asap, so don't put points into armor skills and you should do well.

Also, while it's tempting to stack up big technique combinations like dhaving a fighter assassin doing flurry sneak attack, bare in mind that'll affect your turn order so take care.

2-3: X is examine for items and enemies, though ALSO FOR ITEMS THE C OR COMPARE KEY IS VERY MUCH YOUR FRIEND.

Observe is actually a wanderer's skill and is used to learn a few techniques from enemies, but very specific enemies, as a hint, try it on dungeon creeps or on bosses.

hth.

Answering these questions actually make me think I should install entombed on this machine myself and give the game a try.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-17 01:01:14

Hello...
I have some questions:
1. What rase has the smarterst intelegend? Elf, nome or farey?
2. When entombed II will be releess?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-04-17 01:24:40 (edited by Guitarman 2017-04-17 01:29:12)

Hi.
@SkyLord, there are a lot of things  to choose from. Fighter thief or fighter assassin are a good combination. Healer and necromancer are a good combination too. As for races, dwarves are good because they are strong and take a lot of damage.
2. Use x to examine an item and c to compare two items to each other.
3. When your in battle press the arrow keys to move to an enemy then press x to get information on that enemy.
4. Observe you can use if you are a wanderer. This is actually a skill that doesn't work very well. What it is supposed to do is observe enemy attacks and things and you learn them. The only things you can learn are dungeon creep skills, breathe fire from the drake, and merge from a boss later in the game. If you want to do this during a battle, go to techniques and select observe.
Hth.
@Danang, I'm not sure which is the smartest race. As for entombed 2 I don't think it will ever come out. If it does I would love to play it.
I found a demo of entombed. right here
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-04-17 04:41:55

@guitarman, I'd always recommend assassin over thief.
the sneak attack can only be raised to level 3 while the assassin's can go to level  which means more damage.
The thief gets dodge which is supposed to avoid attacks but doesn't trigger that option, and pick locks which is imho the most useless skill in the game since even if you find! a treasurechest (very difficult without being lucky and running across a locate secrets scroll or an adventurer), you can have the skill and frequently be able to open it.

It's just not worth investing the skill points which you only get a few of.

The assassin on the other hand, in addition to sneak attack gets critical hit which is a passive skill activating nearly every melee attack when raised, and assassinate which is also a passive skill which activates if the target is healpless (if you have a trickster or bard who can put targets to sleep, or have a brawler who can grapple targets it rocks! indeed Assassin brawler is lethal, I once one shotted Ogmok the very angry with a combined grapple/headbut/assassinate/critical hit).

@danang137,  fairy starts with the most intelligence and earns moreper level, however fairies are very, very weak, indeed you get score boosts for playing with a fairy and having a hardmode fairy completion of the game is sort of the highest entombed achievement big_smile.

I think gnomes and elves are roughly equal intelligence wise, though don't quote me on that.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-17 16:35:11

I still can't get the game to run. It crashes as soon as I open it. It's strange, since TDV runs just fine. It uses framework 3.5, which I was told to have for the game to work.

2017-04-17 21:07:09

Hi.
@amerikranian, you mentioned this before, I can't figure the problem your having. If you have everything installed it should run correctly. Maybe your virus protection might be getting in the way.
@Dark, that sounds pretty epic. Your right though, the thief pick locks skill, dodge and other things are pretty useless. I remember a fight I had with the lish, I grabbed it and then shattered it's head with a headbutt lol! That was the easiest fight I ever had with the thing. I remember the first time I fought the lish, it transformed and I got killed a whole bunch of times trying to fight it. It has so many cool attacks when it transforms into it's real form. I would say that's the most epic boss battle I've ever seen in an audiogame.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2017-04-18 00:20:58

Post seven, I can tell you, it's not.

2017-04-21 02:32:41

where does entombed II take place? where do we find the game and how much is it?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-04-21 03:51:15

Hi.
I posted a link in post four, you can get it from there. Other than that I can't tell you anything I've never played it. I don't even think it's being developed anymore. The last time it was updated was two or three years ago so I wouldn't get my hopes up about anything.
Hth.

Guitarman.

2017-04-21 09:02:22

Entombed ii is still in the concept demo phase at the moment, though hopefully we'll get some more news soon.
#@guitarman, yeah, the lich rocks. The only thing I don't like is the fact that character levels cannot go beyond level 20, while floor 25 is bloody huge!
this means effectively your spending a very long time wandering around  advancing your character just looking for the final boss which can get rather dull.

I actually remember one really frustrating fight with the lich.
It was the one occasion I tried a combination magic and technique character, a monk healer, with him was a bard and a trickster.
Basically we spend our time putting enemies to sleep and then poking them to death.

I got to the lich and got very lucky with the monk's break limb skill and broke the lich's head in one shot, bye by lich.
Only one problem? I couldn't do enough damage to destroy the white crystal before it's regeneration kicked in.Since it had no limbs break limb wasn't working, I tried all my scrolls and my entire party hit it, but because my two other characters werent' either full combat magicians and because my monk didn't have decent fighting stats, we just couldn't overcome it's regeneration. I actually had to abandon that game, which was a real shem.

2017-04-21 22:45:32

how much is the game if i want to buy it? do they take paypal?

2017-04-21 23:49:34

Hello.
The game is $40 usd (last time I checked), and yes they take PayPal.
Hth.

Guitarman.

2017-04-22 02:44:13

Hello peoples!
I idn't seethis topic til i started the other one. or  replied to another one. anyway. I'm just curious has anyone ever played a human past level 6? was playing a monk assassin and kept dyingtoa quest mob me and my group lol. I reincarnated one of  them and turned him into a cave bat.Not cool the other became a leesser water elemental. made me laugh after we all died lol. so any suggestions on races and combos aside from the obvious ef magic stuff?

2017-04-22 03:49:32

Hello. One more thing. I am always unsure what skills to train and which to not train which are useless. should i train shotswords? armor? charge? bash? rage? etc. focus? I wish i had more skill points per level than just one.

2017-04-22 04:04:28

Fighter/assassin is a great option, but I personally prefer wanderer as my second option. Once you learn the clone technique, you're gold. It's a free companion who hits as hard as you do, and without taking up any of your turns other than the initial to summon it.

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-04-22 15:53:02

what's the difference between entombed and entombed2? where does 2 take place? same

2017-04-22 17:16:31

I usually like either monk assassin assassin wanderer as a half-ordc. I just dunno what i shhould be training on thise or not.

2017-04-22 18:48:30

er. not assassin wanderer. assassin brawler. lol. sorry for that i was reading the previous reply again as i wrote mine. heh.

2017-04-22 21:28:39

One advice: Save games often. When you die, reload.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-04-22 21:55:41

if you only get 20 levels per char that means  you can only max 4 skills right? that's kinda lame. so you have to choose what skills you want or am i missing something?

2017-04-24 22:07:56

Hi.
I've never really done the math. But you get 3 characters, and each has a total of twenty levels, and each skill can be raised up to level 3 or level 5 depending on what it is. Yes you have to choose wisely with your skills. the coding I think wasn't done right, because some skills don't do anything no matter how much you raise them.
Hth.

Guitarman.