2017-04-21 04:04:40

Hi all,

So I've been using Foobar2000 for a little while now and I have a question. How do I keep Foobar2000 in the system tray and out of the alt-tab list? I basically want to press enter on files and have the player start and play the audio without bringing up an annoying window. I've looked through all the settings, but I can't seem to find the option. I thought it existed as someone gave me a configuration a long time ago where this was the default behavior.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-04-21 11:41:24

You will need to check 2 options.
In preferences>default user interface, check minimize to tray, this way you can close the window and it will keep Foobar open.
And in preferences>Shell integration, uncheck bring to front when adding new files. This should do what you want.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-04-21 18:05:44

That didn't seem to work the way I thought it would. When I open additional files, it's true that the Foobar window doesn't take focus, but it's still in the task bar. However, when the program is running, the icon does indeed appear in the system tray. When I close the window with alt f4, playback stops and the system tray icon disappears. What am I doing wrong?

2017-04-21 19:45:07

While I don't use Foobar this way, try selecting Minimize from the system (alt+space) menu instead of pressing Alt+F4. For some app that's how you get them to the system tray so Foobar might be one of those.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-04-21 23:49:35

That worked like a charm. Now the player does exactly what I want. I've got some global keystrokes configured as well. I wish we had something like this on macOS.

2017-06-06 13:46:33

All you need is press windows + down arrow for 1 or two times until the window vanishes, you don't need to really press alt space then minimize

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-06-22 01:10:19

Thanks, Peter. I've been trying to do what Chris wanted for years, have Foobar stay in the system tray. That box in shell integration fixed it!